Chad Muma (Wyoming LB) -- DRAFTED BY JACKSONVILLE #70

Ray75

6204AF18-41D4-4E6E-A907-D5AFCC7FE118.jpeg

6’3” / 242 lbs

There’s no doubt that Muma is one of the most instinctual linebackers in this class. 

Muma has excellent ability to diagnose against the run. He can fill gaps to prevent big running plays. Muma also has decent sideline-to-sideline range, enabling him to chase down ball carriers.

Muma is a heavy hitter but allowed very few broken tackles. There might not be a better tackler in this draft class than Muma. He also appears to be a leader on the field. As a pass rusher, Muma attacks gaps with explosiveness and decent straight-line speed.

In coverage it’s not like Muma blankets the guys he’s on but he often shuts down check-downs and the short routes. He drops back into zone easily. He understands where he’s supposed to be on the field and won’t be over-aggressive trying to fly in and make a play out of position. 

He’s a sort of a do-it-all type linebacker. He has an alpha mentality and willingness to do anything for his team.

Since the Eagles haven’t drafted an off ball linebacker in the first in about 30 years, I’m not holding my hopes up they’ll select a Nakobe Dean or Devin Lloyd in the first. Taking one in the second round sounds more reasonable if you take the Eagles tendecies into account.

Draft projection; 2nd round

• Like 8

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/chad-muma-wyoming-lb-nfl-draft-scouting-report-2022

........Inevitably, Muma’s rise to stardom for Wyoming has earned comparisons to his former teammate Wilson. So much so that the question of who is better is regularly posed to their college coach.

"They’re very similar in the fact that they’re both wickedly smart, they’re explosive, they can play sideline to sideline,” Bohl told impact601.com. "They’re top-shelf. To separate them, boy! I think we’re talking about a razor-thin margin.”

I was a huge fan of Logan Wilson prior to the 2020 Draft, and clearly Muma is cut from similar cloth.

Really looking forward to seeing him in action at the Senior Bowl practices early next month, where he'll get the chance to prove himself against players from a higher level of competition.

IMO he'll ace it, and we'll all be wondering if he'll last until the Eagles pick at #54. It sure would be nice to see the Eagles invest meaningful draft resources in a proper LB for once. 

• Like 1

In R2 I want Muma, Smith or Harris with Muma my top choice of the 3. Glad to see him getting some respect on here. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/7/2022 at 4:38 PM, Couch Potato said:

Really looking forward to seeing him in action at the Senior Bowl practices early next month, where he'll get the chance to prove himself against players from a higher level of competition.

I'll be watching.

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Kwahu said:

I can hear Al Michaels voice on SNF: "and making the tackle from across the field is… Chad MUMA.”

Not after being pushed out by NBC - Michaels will no longer be calling SNF games.  

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

Not after being pushed out by NBC - Michaels will no longer be calling SNF games.  

hadn’t been up to date on this looks like maybe he will be going to thursday night football which will be taken over by amazon from what i see.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wyoming_logo.gif Chad Muma, LB, Wyoming  up2.gif  
Chad Muma displayed some spectacular athleticism at the combine. He dashed a 4.63 40 to go along with a 40-inch vertical and a 10-9 broad jump. 

from walter football 

Would love this guy at pick #51. 

The Combine confirmed that he has the requisite NFL athleticism, and we already know has the necessary smarts, so he'd be just what the doctor ordered for the Eagles LB corps.

He can play and would be a great fit but he is made for the middle. What do we do with TJ Edwards? Clearly Howie does not like competition for players he likes

TJ Edwards is a solid enough player, but one that screams 'upgrade me'.

You could play Muma at SAM to begin with, anyway, while he learns the ropes. 

Before very long, Muma will be the leader of the pack and calling the plays for the D, just like his former team-mate Logan Wilson does for the Bengals.