Does Kenny Pickett skipping his bowl game move the needle for you

Does Kenny Pickett skipping his bowl game move the needle for you  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Does Kenny Pickett skipping his bowl game move the needle for you

• Yes - shows a lack of leadership
    • No - does not matter in the slightest
    • Yes - Makes me want to draft him

Curious how folks feel.  Does a QB skipping a bowl game change  how you feel about him as a prospect and the ability to lead the Eagles if we drafted him.

I'd prefer if he had played, but it's understandable from his point of view.

Honestly - I’d like him more if he played. But I understand him making a business decision. Also bowl games just aren’t what they used to be. 

Yes, it makes me want to draft him. Sound decision show's he intelligent enough to play QB.

Jaylon Smith cost himself 10’s of millions by playing in a meaningless game.  
 We just saw Matt Corral leave a game injured, lucky for him there were no breaks and his MRI results haven’t been reported but NFL teams that want to draft him, will not unless he provides them.    

56 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Yes, it makes me want to draft him. Sound decision show's he intelligent enough to play QB.

Option added

It doesn't change anything for me. If he's there on the board then I'm OK (not sold) on us taking him. I wouldn't move up for him but I wouldn't have before he sat out the bowl game either. 

• 2 weeks later...

The fact the opponent was Michigan State makes it an even better decision on his part, IMO. Outside of the obvious injury risk:

If he throws for 550 yards, then "it was Michigan State. You’re supposed to throw for 550 yards.” There was no upside to playing.

Agree with above posters. Not crazy about going QB in the first round but if he was on the board at pick 15 and the FO is committed to drafting a QB in the first round, I would be ok with Pickett. Personally I would prefer the approach of building around Hurts with an improved defense and more weapons around him, but who knows if the FO feels the same way?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We’ll get to see him Senior Bowl.  He, Desmond Ridder and Carson Strong are all on the National squad.

If you're not playing for the national championship, the other 100 bowl games aren't worth risking an injury. 

• 1 month later...

I guess I'm old school.......when a player makes decisions based on "injury concerns" and skipping a bowl game, I think that says he puts himself before everything else.  I would question his leadership and his passion.  

I get the "business decision" stuff.....but it's a dangerous game all the time.   I think the intangibles in a QB are as important as physical skills.

• 1 month later...
On 4/1/2022 at 8:11 AM, birdman#12 said:

I guess I'm old school.......when a player makes decisions based on "injury concerns" and skipping a bowl game, I think that says he puts himself before everything else.  I would question his leadership and his passion.  

I get the "business decision" stuff.....but it's a dangerous game all the time.   I think the intangibles in a QB are as important as physical skills.

If it meant anything then sure. A bowl game might as well be a preseason game. 

if they’d do the smart thing and expand the playoffs to an actual reasonable field, these guys that skip meaningless bowl games would get to showcase their skills in playoff games. 

I know it’ll never happen because of tradition, but is just get rid of bowl games and expand to like a 16 team playoff. 

• Like 1