Eagles Mock Draft (01-10-2022)

Ray75

Thank you, Carson Wentz. Thank you, Indy.

Picking at 15, 16 and if we lose to the Bucs at/around 20.

Here goes;

Re-sign;

Brandon Graham (1 yr), Jason Kelce (1 yr),, Nate Herbig, Anthony Harris (1-2 yrs), Steven Nelson (1 yr)

Let walk;;

Brandon Brooks, (cap savings: $13,5 million, dead money $5.9 million)

Derek Barnett (cap savings $7,2 million)

Rodney McCleod

New contract/restructure;

Darius Slay (cap savings; $10-12 million).

FA;

- JuJu Smith Schuster, WR, Pittsburgh;

- Marcus Williams, S, New Orleans;

Draft;

1) Ahmad Gardner, CB, Cincinnati;

Even if we re-sign Nelson, we need to look ahead.

1) Tyler Linderbaum, OC, Iowa;

Even if Kelce returns, it’ll likely be his last season in the NFL. He has been mulling retirement for a couple of years now. He had a great run,  has a ring to show for and likely winds up in the HOF. Linderbaum quite literally is his perfect heir. Let him learn the ropes for a year and take over in 2023.

1) Jermaine Johnson II, DE, Florida State;

With Hutch, Thibodeaux, Karlaftis and Ojabo off the board, we take the next best edge rusher in the class. Good fit here too btw.

2) Chad Muma, LB, Wyoming;

Not holding my breath Howie will address  the position with one of our first rounders. This is a more realistic area where he feels more comfortable doing so.

3) Justyn Ross, WR, Clemson;

We need more fire power with both Reagor and JJAW having the bust label firmly patched on their backs.

4) Brian Robinson Jr., RB, Alabama;

Can’t keep relying on Howard every time. Let’s draft our own Jordan Howard.

5) Yusuf Corker, S, Kentucky;

Safety depth is needed.

5) Braxton Jones, OT, Southern Utah;

OL depth

5) Ali Gaye, DE, LSU;

Developmental DE;

6) Kevin Atkins, DT, Fresno State;

DT depth

• Like 6

My god I freaking love this. Defense, defense and a new stud OC. And throw in there Smith-Schuster and Ross to add to this offense. Wow. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

My god I freaking love this. Defense, defense and a new stud OC. And throw in there Smith-Schuster and Ross to add to this offense. Wow. 

Thanks buddy! 👊🏻

• Like 1

If for some reason, Corral or Pickett drop to us at 15, I will bet a dollar that Howie trades our first pick, #15 overall.

Watching the Eagles draft is like Charlie Brown and the football.

Your guy is on the board, Eagles are on the clock and Lucy is always trading back a few slots.

1 minute ago, CouchKing said:

Eagles will draft 

Devin Lloyd LB

Jordan Davis DL

Treylon Burks WR

We’ll see.

FYI don’t want Davis. 2 down DT. Great run stopper though.

I can't wait to see a refresh on the online mock drats with the Eagles picking back to back.

Looking at a draft value chart, we could also trade up in the draft.

Two 1st rounders from 15 to 19 range for #4 overall. Anyone worth targeting?

Or throw in #19, a pick and a player to get 3 all picks in a row. That would be awesome!

Damn, another draft from you I really like. 
Usually we see things differently, but maybe not this year? 

I would like Elam over Sauce, but I guess you think Elam is gone come pick 15?

Please tell me more about Chad Muma, how would he be a fit here? Or are you going by athletic upside?

Obviously love the Ross pick. Not sure if he makes it to round three, but he is amazing.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Infam said:

Damn, another draft from you I really like. 
Usually we see things differently, but maybe not this year? 

I would like Elam over Sauce, but I guess you think Elam is gone come pick 15?

Please tell me more about Chad Muma, how would he be a fit here? Or are you going by athletic upside?

Obviously love the Ross pick. Not sure if he makes it to round three, but he is amazing.

Thx!

Like to mix it up some to get a feel for prospects and how it could play out. This time I took Gardner who I have a slightly higher grade on than Elam. Can’t go wrong with either IMO.

Posted a scouting report on Muma in "in want the Eagles to get”. So go check it out...

• Like 1

Not bad but my main issue is the Linderbaum pick.  I'm not a huge fan in general in spending a first round pick on interior offensive lineman and #16 is a pretty premium pick.  On top of that, I feel like it somehow mutes the advantage of the player having a year to learn under Kelce and Stout, which this scenario assumes with Kelce coming back.  Between those two, they could probably get a random person from this board playing a functional center in a year.  If the plan is to take Kelce's replacement to groom under him for a year, a first round pick is just too much for that role.  

My preference would have been to take a higher end DE at that point though who knows if someone like Ojabo would be available there.  If he was, that would be my pick and then trade down from #19 for picks next year.

Why not take CB later and make use of our Db coach development skills? Since that's a strength.

1 hour ago, matchew88 said:

Why not take CB later and make use of our Db coach development skills? Since that's a strength.

Cause it’s not the Eagles mantra to use first rounders on either linebackers or safeties. Which leaves us with OL, DL, CB and WR.

Had the Eagles taking Burks in my last mock and like to mix it up to get a feel for prospects and projections.

I do think they prefer to address the WR position in FA but we’ll see...

I don't think the Eagles are in a strong position to compete for a top WR in free agency this off season. I would have leaned towards a high pick in the 2022 draft, but about a half of the top prospects have serious injury issues.

The Eagles have drafted 7 wideouts in their history. The best of the lot so far has been Mike Quick. Ironically, he was not the WR that Dick Vermeil had coveted.  Perry Tuttle was selected by Buffalo one pick earlier (ever hear of him?).

Calvin Ridley is intriguing, but I would not overpay to acquire him under the current circumstances.

Our best vet acquisition was T.O. - too bad it couldn't last.

1st round picks should be solid contributors by their 2nd year...you picked 3 winners in my opinion.

Ross represents a good value risk in the 3rd, if his health holds up. We need more talent at this position.

On 1/10/2022 at 3:48 AM, Ray75 said:

Ali Gaye, DE, LSU;

Developmental DE;

Ali Gaye would be an emb legend for all the wrong reasons. 

5 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Cause it’s not the Eagles mantra to use first rounders on either linebackers or safeties. Which leaves us with OL, DL, CB and WR.

Had the Eagles taking Burks in my last mock and like to mix it up to get a feel for prospects and projections.

I do think they prefer to address the WR position in FA but we’ll see...

So that's the only other person available? A LB or Safety? What if we double dipped on DL?

In this mock scenario, do you see Ojabo going off the board in the top 15 before our first pick? I think there's a decent chance he's still on the board, but it's not a given. Hutchinson, Thibodeaux, and Karlaftis should all be long gone by pick 15, but Ojabo is still a realistic target IMO.

Since the Eagles now have back to back picks in the 1st, you could pair Ojabo with either Gardner or Linderbaum. Personally, I'd stick with Gardner (or another CB) with that 16th pick. I also wouldn't be opposed to a 1st round WR either if we strike out in FA.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, matchew88 said:

So that's the only other person available? A LB or Safety? What if we double dipped on DL?

Sure is possible...

45 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

In this mock scenario, do you see Ojabo going off the board in the top 15 before our first pick? I think there's a decent chance he's still on the board, but it's not a given. Hutchinson, Thibodeaux, and Karlaftis should all be long gone by pick 15, but Ojabo is still a realistic target IMO.

Since the Eagles now have back to back picks in the 1st, you could pair Ojabo with either Gardner or Linderbaum. Personally, I'd stick with Gardner (or another CB) with that 16th pick. I also wouldn't be opposed to a 1st round WR either if we strike out in FA.

So many variables. My guess is Ojabo will be off the board. Anyway...in this scenario he is. 

If we can’t land a WR in FA, both London and Burks would make a ton of sense.

Gut feeling; Howie prefers to address the WR position in FA. Someone who won’t break the bank, maybe someone coming back from injury on a prove it or cost effective deal?

• Like 1

If the Eagles can sign a free agent WR, we can draft 3 defensive players in the first round. Is TO available?

I like:

LB EDGE DL

LB DL S

LB EDGE S

1 hour ago, CouchKing said:

If the Eagles can sign a free agent WR, we can draft 3 defensive players in the first round. Is TO available?

I like:

LB EDGE DL

LB DL S

LB EDGE S

I like LB in the first too but the Eagles haven’t drafted an off ball LB in the first in about 30 years but if there is a year they could do it, it might be this year. They have some flexibility with 3 first rounders.

The safety class is decent but except for Hamilton, I don’t know if I’d use one of my first rounders on one. CB is a more valuable position and the value is there in the first with the likes of Stingley, Gardner, Elam, Booth, McCreary and McDuffy.

I feel the Eagles greatest going forward is pass defense. This thread offers a DE and a CB in the first round. I don't think further picks for DL/DB in day 3 will add much further improvement.

We have 5 picks through day 2. I suggest picking at least 1-2 more picks to address that area.

I recall several drafts where pass defense was emphasized by NFL teams. In 2002, our first 3 picks were for DBs when we already 2 Pro-Bowlers. Also, the 49ers addressed this need in 1982, when 4 of their first 5 picks were for DBs. I would not waste lower picks in hopes of finding a "hidden gem". Rather, I would trade some in attempts to improve our chances of getting "sure things" in days 1-2.

Love the top end of the draft-though I don't see them going C at all.  Bonus points for Gardner, Muma, Ross & Robinson.  If you could find a way to sneak Lloyd, the UConn NT or a S in earlier.........Chicken dinner.

If Dickerson is "penciled in" as the long-term plan for replacing Kelce, that's fine with me.

Otherwise, I think Linderbaum screams "TAKE ME!!!".

He receives almost universal praise as the best prospect in last several years at his position.

BTW: Almost every mock I look at includes him as one of the Eagles picks in the 1st round.