Day 3 Wants - Draft Sleepers

IrishEagle61

Just a thread for any players you want the Eagles to take on Day 3. Always enjoy reading up on late round sleepers before they end up 1st and 2nd rounders anyway.

For me this year its Matt Araiza - Punter out of San Diego State. Give me him in the 4th round and I'm happy. Not much of a sleeper I know.

Who is yours?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to add a couple of mean, nasty OL prospects.  Guys in the mold of Lane, Dickerson and Kelce (basically not like Dillard).  Let Stoutland work with them.  So far two of my favorites are Cade Mays (Tennessee) and Cordell Volson (North Dakota State).  Both are versatile and play like they hate defensive lineman.

• Like 1

My "sleeper” is Bama CB Jalyn Armour-Davis. Not sure he doesn’t wind up climbing into Day 2 but I like him much more than Jobe and he is definitely a Day 3 pick as of today in the majority of mocks. 

Aqeel Glass - QB - Alabama A&M

He seems to have all the tools. He’s easily a better prospect than most of the QB’s in this class.

1 hour ago, SB52 said:

He seems to have all the tools. He’s easily a better prospect than most of the QB’s in this class.

Good find, he seems to have excellent touch on his passes and he throws his receivers open.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2022 at 6:34 PM, IrishEagle61 said:

Just a thread for any players you want the Eagles to take on Day 3. Always enjoy reading up on late round sleepers before they end up 1st and 2nd rounders anyway.

For me this year its Matt Araiza - Punter out of San Diego State. Give me him in the 4th round and I'm happy. Not much of a sleeper I know.

Who is yours?

Good topic, I always look for sleepers, they turn good drafts into great drafts, these are the guys that I think can turn what should be a good draft in light of 3 #1s into a great draft.

Tyrion Davis-Price RB, LSU, 232 lbs (Downhill powerback)

Dameon Pierce  RB, Gators, 5’9’’ 220 4.50 (Damn good runner)

Dontario Drummond, WR, Ole Miss, 6-1 220, 4.48 (Treylon Burks type)

Danny Gray, WR, Mustangs, 5’11’’ 182, (Speed Deamon)

Zyon McCollum, CB, Sam Houston State 6’4’’, 195, 4.40

Josh Williams CB, Fayetteville State 6’3’’ 197, (Top 5 Max Speeds per @ZebraTechnology with a top speed of 21.75 miles per hour)

If he makes it to Day 3…

Damone Clark - LB - LSU

"Clark checks a lot of boxes. I mean, this guy can flat-out play,” an NFL scout said. "I’m extremely impressed with the way he runs to the football and how under control he is while breaking down to finish plays.

"He’s a high-ceiling linebacker. He’s a definite three-down linebacker. You don’t want him coming off the field. He’s not a tough evaluation for me, let’s put it that way.”

At a lean 6-foot-4, 240 pounds with 4.5 speed in the 40-yard dash and the strength to squat 605 pounds, Clark is an intriguing prospect.

On 2/9/2022 at 7:23 AM, SB52 said:

I agree I was absolutely on board with him, he reminds me of a Steve McNair. He has the talent of him just like Steve did from the small school Alcorn St. He doesn’t have the velocity of Steve yet but he throws with great anticipation and allows receivers to easily track and attack the ball. Give him 2 years in the Eagles current system he can honestly challenge Hurts for the job and take it. He isn’t as a explosive runner but he can throw better balls and do everything Hurts can do, he’s just not as agile as Hurts . He is more physical and a better passer. He just needs time to adjust in nfl type speed. I see him as a 3rd round talent but QBs always fall after the first 4-5 guys. He is probably going to be a late 5 early 6th but can develop into a top 16-20 QB if developed right 

WR - Clemson - Justyn Ross.  6'4 205lb.  I dont know if he makes it to day 3. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2022 at 11:19 PM, SlimReaper4Six said:

I agree I was absolutely on board with him, he reminds me of a Steve McNair. He has the talent of him just like Steve did from the small school Alcorn St. He doesn’t have the velocity of Steve yet but he throws with great anticipation and allows receivers to easily track and attack the ball. Give him 2 years in the Eagles current system he can honestly challenge Hurts for the job and take it. He isn’t as a explosive runner but he can throw better balls and do everything Hurts can do, he’s just not as agile as Hurts . He is more physical and a better passer. He just needs time to adjust in nfl type speed. I see him as a 3rd round talent but QBs always fall after the first 4-5 guys. He is probably going to be a late 5 early 6th but can develop into a top 16-20 QB if developed right 

I don’t understand what we must be missing. I’m 100% sure Sam Howell can’t be an NFL starter. I can’t say that about Glass. However, he doesn’t even get invited to the combine.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2022 at 5:37 PM, downundermike said:

Miami WR Charleston Rambo Is Ready To Scare ACC Defenses - YouTube

I was right there with you right up until he ran 4.57 at the combine. He could be back on the list if he runs better at his pro day. 

My sixth round want is a punter - Araiza, Camarda, or Stout

I'll try not to duplicate anyone's picks - these are probably priority free agents based on height, weight, speed characteristics.. 

• QB - Cole Kelley, Southeast Louisiana
  • RB - Isiah Pacheco, Rutgers. 5'10" 213 and an outstanding 4.37
  • WR - Kevin Austin, Notre Dame. 6'2" 210 4.43. His combine performance probably put him on the radar. 
  • WR - Isaiah Weston, Northern Iowa. 6'4" 210 4.42
  • TE - Jelani Woods, Virginia Tech. 6'7" 259 4.61
  • C - Cameron Jurgens, Nebraska. 6'3" 290 4.92. Sound like anyone familiar?
  • G - Chris Paul, Tulsa. 6'3" 325 4.89
  • OT - Kadeem Telfort, UAB. 6'8" 335 5.40
  • DT - Eyioma Uwazurike- Iowa State. 6'6" 297 4.97. His nickname should be vowel.
  • DE - Jeremiah Moon, Florida, 6'5" 250 4.76
  • LB - It was Andersen until his blazing 490 at the combine. 
  • LB - Now Adam Anderson, Georgia. Rated the #1LB pre-season but was arrested for rape. If he's found not guilty he'll be one hell of a late round pick. 
  • LB - Sam Williams, Mississippi. 6'3" 256 4.46. 
  • CB - beginning in September it was Tariq Woolen from UTSA but everyone found him. 
  • S - JT Woods, Baylor. 6'1" 188 4.36
  • CB Sam Webb, Missouri Western State. 6'1" 201 4.48. 

• 2 weeks later...

One of the more polarizing players in this draft is Bubba Bolden from Miami. Prior to the season he was mocked in the 1st round. Now you see him anywhere from round 3-5. I think he is one of the best safeties in this draft and will be a steal on day 3.

Another sleeper at the safety position would be Isaiah Pola-Mao from USC. Great deep safety but his issue is injury concerns with shoulder. But plays with aggression and covers a lot of ground as a deep safety. Nephew of HOF player Troy Polamalu

Not sure if Jelani Woods or Justyn Ross count as sleepers nor do I know if they make it to day three.. 

Maybe DE Alex Wright fits the bill.