First mock attempt (+ 2023 1st, 2nd)

Texas Eagle

Trade! Trade! Trade! Unlimited trades with this tool.

Lots of Defense in your picks. Load it up.

No QB...I like QB. Others not so much.

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Hmm no DE though... I don't love it. I like some of the moves for sure but I don't love it. 

Myjai Sanders is a DE, but he's a reach at 50 IMO, dude had 2.5 sacks last year and is a liability against the run, I have no idea why he's being ranked as a second rounder, beyond the scouting fraternity expecting him to build on 7 sacks in the previous season, he appeared on a lot of pre season lists as a big prospect but he never fulfilled that.

Still 3 picks in the 1st round.

3 players getting first round money and contract years.

If we're gonna trade down to 32, why not trade to 33 or 34 and pay second round money?

I am for using our picks for best player available or trading 2 firsts+ to trade up for a QB in top 5 picks.

I do like the idea of loading up with 2023 picks, but we need premium players now.

I think your plan yields a huge volume of players in second rounders this year and all those 2023 picks.

If Howie pulled this off, I imagine I would be somewhat frustrated (c'mon,pick my guy, don't trade down), but look at all the top 50-60 ranked players that would be in camp.

A couple of these trades hurt my head if you follow the trade to 28 and then flipping most of what we received to trade down to 32, netting a 2023 1st and 2023 2nd in the process. Then we give Atlanta a fist full of picks this year and move down from 51 to 58 for a 2023 4th rounder (no, thank you).

these trades make no sense you traded from 28 to 52 only to trade all the way back up 4 picks later!!!! and in the fact that basically what you did was move down 4 spots and turn a 4th round pick next year into a 2nd round pick next year i don’t see it as possible. 

FC4A5D52-C789-40A1-9045-EC305B76255E.jpeg

The tool let's you trade like crazy.

Sometimes the simulation gives you great trade options, other times no.

Sometimes the simulation drops a player in our laps. Most times that player is picked ahead of us.

Texas Eagle, welcome to the mock forum. 

I've gone through dozens of simulations on that site and come up with very similar results.

I hope Howie does do a lot of trading down. On defense, we need 2 S, a CB (or 2), 2 DE, a DT, and a LB (or 2). That's 7 to 9 spots to fill. On offense - a RB (or 2), A WR (or 2), a QB, a TE (with Jackson's injury), and maybe a center. That's another 4 to 7 slots for a total of 11 to 16. Let's take the midpoint 13.5 and then figure on 2 FA signings leaving 12 (11.5) or 13 (12.5). We have 10 draft picks and need more. 

I don't know when you did your sim, but I think Patterson is going back to school. Too bad, I;d love to have had him on the board. 

I cannot explain how grateful I am for the past three and a half years at this university and what it has done for me on and off the field.

So let’s do it one more time 🍀 pic.twitter.com/rj0oPuIBXk

— Jarrett Patterson (@jpattND) January 9, 2022