SUPER BOWL LVI: Bengals vs. Rams

AlpineEagle

5 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

This is it 

Kupp was on team in sb 53 right?

Yes. He was drafted in 2016.

34 minutes ago, nipples said:

McVay is such an overrated coach. I really see nothing innovative about his offense. Blows my mind the way he’s talked about like he’s some kind of offensive genius. 

Yea the media be on his nads. DP still shoulda got that COTY in 2017

3 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

This was like SB 52 but they decided to throw flags in last 4 min :thumbdown:

52 was better

Overall that wasn't the best SB. The moment the Rams got their hands on the Lombardi was a major anti climax too. I'm not sure I've seen such a lack of emotion to be honest. 

Matt Stafford now passed Johnny Unitas in 4th Q comebacks and is 1 away from Drew Brees already for 4th all time. As long as he plays late into his 30’s he should finish first all time relatively easily

42 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Matt Stafford now passed Johnny Unitas in 4th Q comebacks and is 1 away from Drew Brees already for 4th all time. As long as he plays late into his 30’s he should finish first all time relatively easily

It's great to be able to bring a team back in the 4th quarter, but at the same time, it would be better to not need to have a comeback. So I look at that stat as both a good and bad thing. 

1 hour ago, LacesOut said:

Welp, the trade for Stafford paid off.

Not if you're last name is Goff. :ph34r:

42 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

It's great to be able to bring a team back in the 4th quarter, but at the same time, it would be better to not need to have a comeback. So I look at that stat as both a good and bad thing. 

Well, considering Stafford spent most of his career in Detroit, I would say it's more of a good thing. However I see where you're coming from.

Somewhat off topic but it reminds me of when Brett Favre held the all time record for TDs (before being surpassed by Brees, Manning, Brady) and INTs by the end of his career.

I haven't read anything yet, but it'll be interesting to look and see some of Bengals fans reactions.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE

https://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?/forum/4-the-bengals-forum-for-bengals-fans-only/

https://www.cincyjungle.com/

A Lions board may provide some entertainment too, since Stafford won. 

https://thedenforum.com/

6 hours ago, Aspiritfall said:

The Bengals deserved to lose by watching their qb getting murdered and not run the ball 

Vintage Reid. Mixon was getting yards, they couda ran clock and got more points.  They did it to themselves 

I thought it was a good game. Until the end of the Rams' final drive, when all the refs wanted to make it known they still had yellow flags in their pockets.

9 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Overall that wasn't the best SB. The moment the Rams got their hands on the Lombardi was a major anti climax too. I'm not sure I've seen such a lack of emotion to be honest. 

The Rams looked relieved. As a franchise they put everything into this Super Bowl, to be able to win it at their home stadium.

2 hours ago, toolg said:

I thought it was a good game. Until the end of the Rams' final drive, when all the refs wanted to make it known they still had yellow flags in their pockets.

Refs did a GREAT job.  Let them play all game but the Bengals were just trucking L.A. receivers at the end.  The first def holding was really a make up call for the previous play which was a crazy egregious non call.  The 2nd call the DB frickin' tackled the guy.

Worst thing about the game was THE ROCK doing that cheesy WWE intro.

NBC should be banned from ever doing the SB again.

44 minutes ago, eaglegenius said:

And he keeps going like "FINALLY we will play the game," and then just keeps on ranting

1 hour ago, eaglegenius said:

LA did another stupid intro a few weeks ago, with the guy who introduces fights:  "Let's get ready to rumble"

I guess it's one of those stupid LA things.

2 hours ago, toolg said:

LA did another stupid intro a few weeks ago, with the guy who introduces fights:  "Let's get ready to rumble"

I guess it's one of those stupid LA things.

That guy has actually done that a few times this year. The league is trying to sell the world on a team in LA but LA natives themselves seem to be quite…meh. 

Archived