Preparing for the Draft

Fran

Wanted to get thoughts on Eagle’s Coaching strategy going forward, in preparation for April’s Draft.

Eagle’s D was, and is a concern.

I am of the school with Coach Gannon getting other opportunities, I think it’s in the Bird’s best interests to look at a new D coordinator now.

Nick Fangio is out there, has a great resume, and now is the time to get him in the Eagle’s war room.

Develop our scheme, and start to create our free agent, and Draft lists to implement it.

Does anyone else agree ?

Eagle Fran

Gannon is reportedly out of the running for the HC spot with the Texans and highly doubt Sirianni fires him after one season so talking about other DC candidates is pointless  

• Like 1

Gannon is with the Eagles next year. I'm looking more at the director of player personnel/personnel people- the Giants made a move on us.

2 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Gannon is with the Eagles next year. I'm looking more at the director of player personnel/personnel people- the Giants made a move on us.

As did the Bears when they poached Cunningham.  

• Like 1

Desperately need to get someone who can rush the passer in the draft since it doesn't seem like Gannon is able to scheme pressure.  

• Like 2

Since Gannon is back, I hope Howie deals with the huge hole at LB.  At least, give the guy one stud LB to work with.

• Like 1

Really, really, hating the mocks out there a this time. Projecting to the Eagles, combos of: a midget LB, end of season torn ACL RB, "wins contested balls" WR, Tweener DE, "burner" WR, A guard to replace Brooks, a project safety, etc. In different permutations, theses mocks have them passing on CB Stingley, Jermaine Johnson, Linderbaum, Karlatkis, and Lloyd. I'll be ready to vomit in case any of these mocks come to pass.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2022 at 7:26 PM, Next_Up said:

Really, really, hating the mocks out there a this time. Projecting to the Eagles, combos of: a midget LB, end of season torn ACL RB, "wins contested balls" WR, Tweener DE, "burner" WR, A guard to replace Brooks, a project safety, etc. In different permutations, theses mocks have them passing on CB Stingley, Jermaine Johnson, Linderbaum, Karlatkis, and Lloyd. I'll be ready to vomit in case any of these mocks come to pass.

Mocks are just mocks. They're wrong all the time. Everyone hopes a great player falls to the Eagles but that doesn't happen very often. It's more likely the reason a guy falls is why he stinks when you take him and the Eagles notoriously take "that guy" far too often.

Even if it's uncomfortable, here's a better way to look at the draft.  Make a list of who you think are the top 20 prospects and put them in order from 1-20 to make a BPA list. Now, cross off the first 14 names. The Eagles have three picks within the group that remains, so see if you can be OK with any three of those. If not then you either pick for need, which is usually a bad strategy, or you're trading for an existing player (might work out), or trading into 2023, which is what I want to see with one of those 1st round picks.

In the end, Howie's gonna Howie like he always does. We'll see what that brings in a couple of months.

1 hour ago, PoconoDon said:

Mocks are just mocks. They're wrong all the time. Everyone hopes a great player falls to the Eagles but that doesn't happen very often. It's more likely the reason a guy falls is why he stinks when you take him and the Eagles notoriously take "that guy" far too often.

Even if it's uncomfortable, here's a better way to look at the draft.  Make a list of who you think are the top 20 prospects and put them in order from 1-20 to make a BPA list. Now, cross off the first 14 names. The Eagles have three picks within the group that remains, so see if you can be OK with any three of those. If not then you either pick for need, which is usually a bad strategy, or you're trading for an existing player (might work out), or trading into 2023, which is what I want to see with one of those 1st round picks.

In the end, Howie's gonna Howie like he always does. We'll see what that brings in a couple of months.

I trust Dickerson's knees much more than I do Howie's drafting strategy.  

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I trust Dickerson's knees much more than I do Howie's drafting strategy.  

Me too.

• Like 1

We just had 2 dlineman play in the pro bowl not named Cox or Graham.

Despite this, I would be A-okay with spending all 3 1sts on the Dline. In 2017 we were 8 guys deep on a crazy rotation, 1st round picks after 15 are 50/50 anyway, and our two top guys will be grey beards before these rooks reach their second contract.

These playoffs have had some insane QB pressure, and I want that again

25 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

We just had 2 dlineman play in the pro bowl not named Cox or Graham.

Despite this, I would be A-okay with spending all 3 1sts on the Dline. In 2017 we were 8 guys deep on a crazy rotation, 1st round picks after 15 are 50/50 anyway, and our two top guys will be grey beards before these rooks reach their second contract.

These playoffs have had some insane QB pressure, and I want that again

Yeah totally. There definitely was a pattern of winning teams being able to generate pressure with just 4 D linemen.