Gran Turismo 7

Bwestbrook36

Haven't played a Gran Turismo in a long time and from all reviews and videos I've watched non-stop it looks to be amazing! Looks like they took the best from all the

Gran Turismo and rolled it into this one with some new stuff that also looks to be really good. 

Not sure who is gonna play this but, maybe we can get some conversation going on it. I have it downloaded and installed waiting for it to unlock at midnight Friday. 

• Like 2

Aye....... looks good. Man, I'm in my 50's......heck I played the 1st one..... this looks impressive.

• Like 1

Haven’t played them in a long time but I will be getting this. I won’t have the crazy graphics because I still have a PS4 but f it I need a good racing game. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Haven’t played them in a long time but I will be getting this. I won’t have the crazy graphics because I still have a PS4 but f it I need a good racing game. 

From what I've seen the PS4 version looks just as good. You are just going to have to deal with the awful load times lol. 

• Sad 1

20220303_115741.thumb.jpg.c1c56c83d6798ab2cba73da4d200de20.jpg

My dad loves these games. I saw the 25th Anniversary Edition comes with a free DLC PS4 copy as well as the PS5 disc. I'll probably get him that since he hasn't got the PS5 yet so he can play and then have the upgrade ready to go

1 hour ago, Mat said:

My dad loves these games. I saw the 25th Anniversary Edition comes with a free DLC PS4 copy as well as the PS5 disc. I'll probably get him that since he hasn't got the PS5 yet so he can play and then have the upgrade ready to go

Damn man! How many copies you buying!? Lol. 

Nice gift though, I hope he enjoys it. I'm so freaking pumped

10 hours ago, Mat said:

you're a good son..... care to teach my freaking kids a thing or two ? Think they would do that ?...... Noooooo I had to go buy my own PS5, my own GT7,Vanguard, MLB the Show, etc.

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Steve 17 said:

you're a good son..... care to teach my freaking kids a thing or two ? Think they would do that ?...... Noooooo I had to go buy my own PS5, my own GT7,Vanguard, MLB the Show, etc.

Damn kids!

I really wish they still had the Tues release of games! Gave you a whole week to prepare and mess around with the game and set it up for the weekend. 

On 3/3/2022 at 2:09 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

Damn man! How many copies you buying!? Lol. 

Nice gift though, I hope he enjoys it. I'm so freaking pumped

They just shipped in at work so not all mine :lol:

I gave it to him last night and he is pretty happy. He hasn't downloaded it yet since he has no space on his console and his external died. So now I need to sort that problem out

1 minute ago, Mat said:

They just shipped in at work so not all mine :lol:

I gave it to him last night and he is pretty happy. He hasn't downloaded it yet since he has no space on his console and his external died. So now I need to sort that problem out

I dabbled in it a bit at midnight and just now for a bit, really liking it so far. They are mostly taking me through all the menus and tutorials. That's fun too! 

Me rikey!! Yeah it's a grind. ....... but, the mist blinding you on wet tracks..... the l2 button giving resistance for braking.... and on and on. I only wish I could upload music.

2 hours ago, Steve 17 said:

Me rikey!! Yeah it's a grind. ....... but, the mist blinding you on wet tracks..... the l2 button giving resistance for braking.... and on and on. I only wish I could upload music.

I'm sure you can turn the music down or off in the race and then just play your own separately? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm sure you can turn the music down or off in the race and then just play your own separately? 

Lol.... too much work.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Steve 17 said:

Lol.... too much work.

I agree, are you on the PS5? I'm almost positive you can play your Spotify as the in game music for PS5 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I agree, are you on the PS5? I'm almost positive you can play your Spotify as the in game music for PS5 

Don't do da spot.

Man...... so far I have no complaints about the game.  I would just rather blast Radar Love and other such fast driving classics through the headphones along with the engine noise. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Steve 17 said:

Don't do da spot.

Man...... so far I have no complaints about the game.  I would just rather blast Radar Love and other such fast driving classics through the headphones along with the engine noise. 

https://attackofthefanboy.com/guides/gran-turismo-7-how-to-turn-off-music/

Well here is this information anyways. I'm sure they will find a way to stream line it as more people grow tired of the games track list and want to customize it. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Steve 17 said:

Ok @Bwestbrook36...... so far, whaddya think?

Well so far I collected the compact Japanese cars and the European compact cars. I was like really this is it ... That however unlocked the tuning and I was able to enter the club car races ..

now I'm hooked ! I got freaking lapped the first time then I went back through and did some tuning to my car and I stayed in the pack all the way down to the last turn and I got greedy and went off the track and got passed by everyone!! 

It was so intense! Like one minor mistake can cost you the race but, it makes it so much fun! Even in a mini Cooper with 70 horsepower lol. Now I can't wait to collect some more cars and parts and tune them up! 

I haven't unlocked online races yet. I'm taking my time. I'm probably gonna try to collect the next 3 cars tonight. 

So right now I'm loving it! 

What do you think of it? 

• 4 months later...

Walked away from this for a time........ just jumped back into it..you really have to eff with the tuning to win races....still a good game but a grind game for sure.

16 hours ago, Steve 17 said:

Walked away from this for a time........ just jumped back into it..you really have to eff with the tuning to win races....still a good game but a grind game for sure.

I've enjoyed it but, I haven't played in awhile. I wanted to start over now that I have a better understanding of the game and what I want to do but, all your info is saved to their servers so you can't do a complete start over 😡

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/2/2022 at 1:15 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

I've enjoyed it but, I haven't played in awhile. I wanted to start over now that I have a better understanding of the game and what I want to do but, all your info is saved to their servers so you can't do a complete start over 😡

Yeah I got it launch day and I just dip in and out when I see an update that gives a new track or cars has come out. The online mode is still a godawful mix of hardcore addicts who can go 10 seconds a lap faster than any casual player or a-holes who nerf you into the weeds every other turn, when you get a clean race it can be great fun though.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just got a PS5 a few months ago and gt7 was one of the first games I downloaded.  It’s incredible!  I even went and got a wheel and pedal setup with a racing stand.  All I need now is a good comfortable gaming/racing chair to go with it and I’ll be all set.