Robert Woods (Rams WR) -- TRADED TO TENNESSEE

Ray75

82E8D19D-EDA2-4130-B894-8A814D9622BC.jpeg

Reportedly on the trade block after Rams signed Robinson.

Though 29 and coming of an ACL, he’s exactly the type of veteran receiver we need in the room.

In nine games last season, Woods recorded 45 receptions for 556 yards and four touchdowns plus a rushing score.

• Like 2

Depending on asking price which shouldn't be bad I like this, he is a perfect vet WR that plays a team game... 

• Like 1

Wow, I guess if they are still trying to sign OBJ after bringing in Robinson they don't have much choice but to clear up some space elsewhere.

Injury aside, I agree that he'd be a very solid pickup for the right price.

Do you think Dillard (Whitworth retired) and Minshew (big upgrade over Bryce Perkins and John Wolford) get's a deal done?

1 minute ago, Rob331 said:

Do you think Dillard (Whitworth retired) and Minshew (big upgrade over Bryce Perkins and John Wolford) get's a deal done?

Dillard might but I would not give up Minchew yet before the dust has settled.

1 hour ago, Ray75 said:

Dillard might but I would not give up Minchew yet before the dust has settled.

If the Rams insisted on both - I'd still do it

Traded to the Titans for a 2023 6th rounder. That's a great deal for the Titans.

I wonder if the Eagles were even in the mix or if they gave Woods the option to pick where he wanted to go from teams that offered trades?

36 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Traded to the Titans for a 2023 6th rounder. That's a great deal for the Titans.

I wonder if the Eagles were even in the mix or if they gave Woods the option to pick where he wanted to go from teams that offered trades?

Ohhh come on, man!

There’s a difference between being conservative / quiet and doing hardly anything at all.

This 1st week of FA is easily one of the most boring 1st weeks I‘ve ever witnessed.as an Eagle fan. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Ohhh come on, man!

There’s a difference between being conservative / quiet and doing hardly anything at all.

This 1st week of FA is easily one of the most boring 1st weeks I‘ve ever witnessed.as an Eagle fan. 

You were on board with trading for Woods. The Titans got him for a small price. So I'll ask, what on earth is Howie doing?

25 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You were on board with trading for Woods. The Titans got him for a small price. So I'll ask, what on earth is Howie doing?

Tell you what I think...

They’ll never say it out load but they’re truly rebuilding and relying completely on the draft.

Just read the thee leaves. Cutting Cox, re-signing him on a one year deal, no financial commitment beyond 2022 and on top of that inviting both Davis and Wyatt on pre-draft visits. Telling right?

Jordan Davis would be perfect for Gannon’s scheme. A big space eating mammoth of a man to free up guys like Reddick, Sweat, BG to get to the QB.

How about Wyatt?! Can’t find a better replacement for Cox in this draft IMO.

Harris on a one year cheap deal? Maybe they draft a stud safety relatively high.

No vet receiver yet? Maye they’re higher on the receivers on the roster than we are. Will they draft one high again? Very likely.

Not spending this year in FA means more cap space next year when they’ll enter year 3 of their rebuild/youth movement. Next year around this time, they might be only a few pieces away (QB?!) from competing with a very young and talented roster.

44 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

No vet receiver yet? Maye they’re higher on the receivers on the roster than we are. Will they draft one high again? Very likely.

Here's the thing with that... If they are then they are foolish. Smith is really good, he can be a top WR but that's still a projection at this point. Watkins is a really good #3 but he's not a 2. The rest? Is trash right now. 

16 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Here's the thing with that... If they are then they are foolish. Smith is really good, he can be a top WR but that's still a projection at this point. Watkins is a really good #3 but he's not a 2. The rest? Is trash right now. 

Think of it longterm, not short term.

Howie is on a 3 year deal. He’s on a mission. Laying a new foundation starting up front, in the trenches, the D-line. A new elite front 7.

Yes, I believe he’ll focus on the D-line and yes, I believe we’ll finally see him address both LB and Safety in the first two rounds.

I still believe Howie will sign a veteran WR or trade for one but his main focus will be getting this team in financially good shape and re-establishing a dominant D-line for the future.

Let’s face it. Even if we did trade for Watson or Wilson, this roster is still not good enough to compete against the big boys. We’re two years away. 

If he gets it right on defense, next year he might be only a QB and some other pieces away. Eagles will have more cap space around this time next year to get those pieces.

On 3/18/2022 at 1:01 AM, Ray75 said:

82E8D19D-EDA2-4130-B894-8A814D9622BC.jpeg

Reportedly on the trade block after Rams signed Robinson.

Though 29 and coming of an ACL, he’s exactly the type of veteran receiver we need in the room.

In nine games last season, Woods recorded 45 receptions for 556 yards and four touchdowns plus a rushing score.

Didn’t play a full season and was still better than Reagor. 

• Like 1

I said I would offer a 5th for Woods and he would be great for our young receivers Smith and Watkins, who Smith actually asked for VETERAN leadership at the position but Howie doesn't pull the trigger.... I'm all for not overpaying but this would not have been that. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Think of it longterm, not short term.

Howie is on a 3 year deal. He’s on a mission. Laying a new foundation starting up front, in the trenches, the D-line. A new elite front 7.

Yes, I believe he’ll focus on the D-line and yes, I believe we’ll finally see him address both LB and Safety in the first two rounds.

I still believe Howie will sign a veteran WR or trade for one but his main focus will be getting this team in financially good shape and re-establishing a dominant D-line for the future.

Let’s face it. Even if we did trade for Watson or Wilson, this roster is still not good enough to compete against the big boys. We’re two years away. 

If he gets it right on defense, next year he might be only a QB and some other pieces away. Eagles will have more cap space around this time next year to get those pieces.

Howie doesn't think long term because that doesn't fit with his MO and covering his own backside.

Howie doesn't build top rosters because he can't. He can't because he doesn't draft well enough. He has year after year built average rosters with the exception of one year which was a fluke year.

I agree he isn't a QB away which is why I never wanted him to trade for one of the veteran QBs. 

looks like we will have lots of holes come the draft so atleast that should be interesting… lots of players in the draft i like so we shall see what happens