Draft Offense at the top

rafflee

Support the QB with Talent--WR's.  Draft defense after the first round.  If it works,  you have two #1's to reload the d in 2023.....otherwise,  you're starting with a rookie QB surrounded by talent...and you keep drafting defenders to rebuild the d

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Really groundbreaking stuff

Clearly Adam Schefter's burner account

15 hours ago, rafflee said:

Support the QB with Talent--WR's.  Draft defense after the first round.  If it works,  you have two #1's to reload the d in 2023.....otherwise,  you're starting with a rookie QB surrounded by talent...and you keep drafting defenders to rebuild the d

With a young team you get the best talent available regardless.  If you're looking at higher rated defensive players you don't reach for an offensive player just because.  Ultimately you take the best talent to build a great roster.  This draft seems to have good O lineman in the 1st but they have much greater needs on defense and can get O lineman later.  The only other need on offense is WR.  But with the talent available they need to take defense in the 1st and 2nd rounds.  They have one good starting WR already and yes they do need another, but they have desperate needs for high draft picks used on corner, safety, DT, DE and LB...yes every position on defense needs attention.  I would flip your model and take advantage of a strong defensive class this year high, then in mid to late rounds add O lineman, RB for depth, and if possible to get a WR that too.  I wouldn't mind using one of the 1sts on a WR if they then follow up by drafting mostly defense the rest of the way.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rafflee said:

Really an a-hole

Maybe you should read the board FAQ's before you start a thread with a topic that has been covered at length.

7 hours ago, downundermike said:

Maybe you should read the board FAQ's before you start a thread with a topic that has been covered at length.

3 weeks from the Draft,  and I shouldn't discuss this?  I don't see the topic discussed....  would you like me to search every page on this board?  I do agree with NOTW,  as Im a BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE guy...but talk radio and all the talk ive heard is focused on D. 

Maybe we should discuss all the topics you don't want discussed? Tell us what you don't want to discuss..maybe you should should tune out for awahile instead of playing Crossing Guard. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NOTW said:

With a young team you get the best talent available regardless.  If you're looking at higher rated defensive players you don't reach for an offensive player just because.  Ultimately you take the best talent to build a great roster.  This draft seems to have good O lineman in the 1st but they have much greater needs on defense and can get O lineman later.  The only other need on offense is WR.  But with the talent available they need to take defense in the 1st and 2nd rounds.  They have one good starting WR already and yes they do need another, but they have desperate needs for high draft picks used on corner, safety, DT, DE and LB...yes every position on defense needs attention.  I would flip your model and take advantage of a strong defensive class this year high, then in mid to late rounds add O lineman, RB for depth, and if possible to get a WR that too.  I wouldn't mind using one of the 1sts on a WR if they then follow up by drafting mostly defense the rest of the way.

I'm a best Player Guy as well... I'm ok if they are not position focused.  I do expect a QB somewhere in their Draft--that's what they've done,  and it's a lottery ticket in and out of the first round,  so may as well throw a dart at a QB if they like one.  The Draft has good WR Depth,  so I'm hoping for an addition there.

7 minutes ago, rafflee said:

3 weeks from the Draft,  and I shouldn't discuss this?  I don't see the topic discussed....  would you like me to search every page on this board?  I do agree with NOTW,  as Im a BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE guy...but talk radio and all the talk ive heard is focused on D. 

Maybe we should discuss all the topics you don't want discussed? Tell us what you don't want to discuss..maybe you should should tune out for awahile instead of playing Crossing Guard. 

1st off you are in the wrong forum, secondly this is not really a topic starter, and has been discussed at length in the BLOG.

https://www.eaglesmessageboard.com/topic/1751-new-emb-guidelines/

Since the new EMB was created, many have wondered what we can "get away with" now that we're not associated with the official Eagles site.  We've also had questions about etiquette, rules, how to handle trolls or annoying posters, the report function, etc.  So we want to address some guidelines.   

We are all thankful to have a new home here; we want to continue a strong community with good ongoing discussions.  Our goal was to run things just like the old EMB as much as possible.  Below is a list of guidelines, not necessarily rules.  The moderating team may make subjective calls.  There also may be history with certain posters so while it seems to you someone was suspended for something minor, or someone else did something similar in another forum you may not know the history.  We also allowed some posters here who were banned from the old EMB with the understanding they’d be on a short leash.  

Use existing topics instead of creating duplicates.  Use the appropriate forum.  There are 2 long ongoing topics where you can talk anything Eagles:  the TATE EMB Blog and the 411 Ongoing News Discussion. 

[/quote}

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

1st off you are in the wrong forum, secondly this is not really a topic starter, and has been discussed at length in the BLOG.

CrossingGuardMike-  how in the world would I identify TATE EMB as an identical topic.  Let's talk again when you're feeling better

2 minutes ago, rafflee said:

CrossingGuardMike-  how in the world would I identify TATE EMB as an identical topic.  Let's talk again when you're feeling better

You posted in the sub forum "I Want the Eagles to get"  This forum is for a specific player, not a broad topic.

A little learning for you @rafflee, if you click on the link to "I want the Eagles to get" it will take you to that sub forum

image.png.d5efa7a6297efd1bfbcf25cb9f9c02e6.png

You will then notice when you are in that forum, all topics are about a specific player.  Just trying to help you out so your topic does not get moved, or even bounced into R&R.

image.png.25cd05dcf05ab255d13d6da4ed07e358.png

I disagree with the idea we need more young players on offense. What we need on offense is experience and cohesion. We are still missing a starting CB and S on defense and have quite a few defensive linemen that aren't expected or guaranteed to be here after this season. 

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

@VaBeach_Eagle this goes back to exactly what I was talking about in our conversation. New person comes to the board, gets hammered on for not looking in that stupid blog for all things Eagles related and likely leaves. TATE IS the blog. To have a single post in it that contains 80% of the boards subjects and conversations is dumb. Add on top of it, if someone DOES start a new topic, you get arseclowns like this that talk ish to them and tell them iTs BeEn DiScUsSeD In ThE BlOg...

Ish gets old. If the blog is kept it needs it own sub forum. I cant even imagine how many people have found this site and the lack of threads/topics in TATE that only do not exist because everything is buried in that one 500 page blog and don't bother joining on engaging in conversation. Its stunting the growth of this board.... 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, What The F said:

@VaBeach_Eagle this goes back to exactly what I was talking about in our conversation. New person comes to the board, gets hammered on for not looking in that stupid blog for all things Eagles related and likely leaves. TATE IS the blog. To have a single post in it that contains 80% of the boards subjects and conversations is dumb. Add on top of it, if someone DOES start a new topic, you get arseclowns like this that talk ish to them and tell them iTs BeEn DiScUsSeD In ThE BlOg...

Ish gets old. If the blog is kept it needs it own sub forum. I cant even imagine how many people have found this site and the lack of threads/topics in TATE that only do not exist because everything is buried in that one 500 page blog and don't bother joining on engaging in conversation. Its stunting the growth of this board.... 

It has expanded to 1,500 pages since this post. 

• Haha 1

On 4/5/2022 at 6:16 PM, rafflee said:

In all seriousness, I think Howie has emphasized in his interviews that they need to get Jalen more talent around him. They have also tried to get more WRd via trade and FA so it is reasonable to assume we go WR. There are no 1st round TE prospects. I think Eagles will need to target Wilson, Williams or Olave at 15 or 18. All 3 imo can play on the outside. If they trade down, I would target George Pickens 

16 hours ago, What The F said:

None of that changes the fact that he started a topic, in the wrong sub forum, and the topic has been discussed at length in the blog and the Jalen Hurts thread.

Don’t reach for need, draft the best players available. If they’re on defense, then they’re on defense. We play both sides of the ball.

Well, this wasn't a waste of my time

Top 10 QBs can move the ball with far less than we have…and with worst OLs…If Hurts can’t develop as a passer, Tyreek Hill, Cooper Kupp, and Davonte Adams COMBINED wouldn’t help his cause…homie can’t see the field…

This is a D-heavy draft. Load up and get the ball back for Hurts and the run game more times than you did last year…

On 4/6/2022 at 6:34 PM, rafflee said:

3 weeks from the Draft,  and I shouldn't discuss this?  I don't see the topic discussed...

I appreciate your intention to add to the discussion BUT this forum is for mock drafts not generic draft discussion. There is a forum for generic draft discussion. 

On the other hand, one of the best things about this forum is it's civility. It is very rare that folks thoughts aren't treated seriously and with a good dose of respect. 

On 4/5/2022 at 8:20 PM, downundermike said:

Really groundbreaking stuff

Mike was likely just being sarcastic and maybe you're a bit off put by it, but let's stay civil and respectful. 

Thanks