3rd draft- what I hope happens

Freshmilk

Good morning!

Like most of us, I want to boost our defense on get another WR.  I'm an inside out guy.  I'd like to come away with 2 DL, 2DB, a LB and a WR from this draft.  I do think a trade up in the 1st with one of our 1sts will be necessary to get a starting DL, while a trade back with the other will be needed to fill out the rest.

If we are going after Davis at DT I think we have to get ahead of the Ravens.  We can then trade back for either WR or DB.  I hope.

Trade #1

Eagles trade #18, #101, #154 to Houston for #13.  Houston collecting more picks to help rebuild their crumbling house

Trade #2

Eagles trade #15 to Dallas for #24 and #56.  Dallas moving up for OL- Johnson, Green, or Penning.

Eagles now have #13, 24, 51, 56, 83, 124, 162,166, 237.

#13- Jordan Davis - DT

#24- Kamir Elam- CB

#51- Alec Pierce- WR

#56- Cameron Thomas- DE

#83- Nick Cross- Safety

#124- Jelani Woods- TE

#162- Jerome Ford, RB

#166- Dare Rosenthal- OT

#237- Chasen Hines- OG

I miss out on the LB.  

• Like 5

Thanks.  I don't love trading with Dallas but both teams have been willing in the past.  I think Dallas will need to get ahead of Saints if they want Penning, maybe Johnson too.  

3 hours ago, Freshmilk said:

Good morning!

Like most of us, I want to boost our defense on get another WR.  I'm an inside out guy.  I'd like to come away with 2 DL, 2DB, a LB and a WR from this draft.  I do think a trade up in the 1st with one of our 1sts will be necessary to get a starting DL, while a trade back with the other will be needed to fill out the rest.

If we are going after Davis at DT I think we have to get ahead of the Ravens.  We can then trade back for either WR or DB.  I hope.

Trade #1

Eagles trade #18, #101, #154 to Houston for #13.  Houston collecting more picks to help rebuild their crumbling house

Trade #2

Eagles trade #15 to Dallas for #24 and #56.  Dallas moving up for OL- Johnson, Green, or Penning.

Eagles now have #13, 24, 51, 56, 83, 124, 162,166, 237.

#13- Jordan Davis - DT

#24- Kamir Elam- CB

#51- Alec Pierce- WR

#56- Cameron Thomas- DE

#83- Nick Cross- Safety

#124- Jelani Woods- TE

#162- Jerome Ford, RB

#166- Dare Rosenthal- OT

#237- Chasen Hines- OG

I miss out on the LB.  

Good trades (though I think you could do 162 or 166 instead of 154 for HOU), and solid draft. Don't worry about missing out on the LB, we have a very young LB corps and I think White proves it on his prove it deal and stays around, he's a local kid. Edwards, White, Reddick, Taylor, Bradley, Johnson is the best LB group we've had in a while. Davis has become my #1 target in R1, and I believe you're right that we will have to get ahead of BAL to get him. BUT, the Vikings or Texans could be eyeing him as well. I like Elam, but he's a raw tools guy not necessarily a technician like Booth. But the last Gator CB we drafted R1 worked out pretty well. LOVE Pierce, like Thomas, LOVE Cross, LOVE Woods, like Ford. Rosenthal is interesting, and I like Hines as a guy with higher round talent who dropped due to some personal stuff. Overall, very well done.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Good trades (though I think you could do 162 or 166 instead of 154 for HOU), and solid draft. Don't worry about missing out on the LB, we have a very young LB corps and I think White proves it on his prove it deal and stays around, he's a local kid. Edwards, White, Reddick, Taylor, Bradley, Johnson is the best LB group we've had in a while. Davis has become my #1 target in R1, and I believe you're right that we will have to get ahead of BAL to get him. BUT, the Vikings or Texans could be eyeing him as well. I like Elam, but he's a raw tools guy not necessarily a technician like Booth. But the last Gator CB we drafted R1 worked out pretty well. LOVE Pierce, like Thomas, LOVE Cross, LOVE Woods, like Ford. Rosenthal is interesting, and I like Hines as a guy with higher round talent who dropped due to some personal stuff. Overall, very well done.

Thank you.  I'm guessing Texans are more willing to make a trade than MN and MN goes CB, but I think several teams beforw the 15th pick are eyeing Davis.

I agree with your LB assessment but I would also love a guy that just oozes tough SOB LB.  Lloyd, Muma, and Chenal are those guys for me in this draft.

10 minutes ago, Freshmilk said:

Thank you.  I'm guessing Texans are more willing to make a trade than MN and MN goes CB, but I think several teams beforw the 15th pick are eyeing Davis.

I agree with your LB assessment but I would also love a guy that just oozes tough SOB LB.  Lloyd, Muma, and Chenal are those guys for me in this draft.

Lloyd isn't happening. Chenal or Muma would have to be 51 or 56, if they're there. I would consider only taking one OL guy in R5, and maybe passing on Woods for a 5th round TE like Kolar, Bellinger, Turner, etc. and taking your LB at 124, like a Troy Andersen, Darrian Beavers, etc. if you really want to fit one in. But they'd have to be a better prospect than Bradley (MIKE backup) or Johnson (Reddick hybrid role backup). 

For example, just did this on PFN (their rankings have been updated more recently than PFF and the trading is more realistic):

Trades:

15, 101, 2023 3rd for 13
18 for 39, 48, 71
83 for 98, 120

Draft:

image.png.08360bf87c2d18fa9b170cf1755219dd.png

image.png.49b6ea97fab8de8c394a39fc513d0067.png

That gets us 6 top-100 picks, 5 on defense which is great for a rebuilding team...more lottery tickets:

A stud NT

2 young EDGE rushers with good production and great measureables

A bonafide X WR

A high potential 2-high FS who can also cover slot WR's

Potential #2 CB to compete with the other youngbucks for the spot across from Slay

A MLB prospect to compete with Edwards

Really solid #2 TE with nice size and athletic profile

A Sanders replacement who can play all 3 downs

The PUNT GOD to replace that stiff Siposs

And a really nice late OL prospect for Stoutland to play with

The value of the draft for me isn't really in 18-32, it's in that 40-100 range. So, the more picks there the merrier in my opinion.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

For example, just did this on PFN (their rankings have been updated more recently than PFF and the trading is more realistic):

Trades:

15, 101, 2023 3rd for 13
18 for 39, 48, 71
83 for 98, 120

Draft:

That gets us 6 top-100 picks, 5 on defense which is great for a rebuilding team...more lottery tickets:

A stud NT

A bonafide X WR

Potential #2 CB to compete with the other youngbucks for the spot across from Slay

The value of the draft for me isn't really in 18-32, it's in that 40-100 range. So, the more picks there the merrier in my opinion.

I'd like this draft.  Especially like the 3 DL.  I have a hard time seeing the Eagles select 12 guys, though I wouldn't mind .

15 minutes ago, Freshmilk said:

I'd like this draft.  Especially like the 3 DL.  I have a hard time seeing the Eagles select 12 guys, though I wouldn't mind .

Only 11, but I agree...their sweet spot is probably 10. Though if they manage to trade away a Dillard or Reagor, they may be more apt to go higher. We've got a lot of holes. I'd be ecstatic if the above draft happened. The 53 would be nice, turned over, and young with a lot more potential than we have today:

QB[2]: Hurts, Minshew

RB[4]: Sanders, Strong, Gainwell, Scott

WR[6]: Smith, Pickens, Watkins, Paschal, Reagor, Ward

TE[3]: Goedert, Kolar, Stoll

OL[10]: Mailata, Dickerson, Kelce, Seumalo, Johnson, Dillard, Herbig, Driscoll, Munford, Opeta

DE[5]: Graham, Sweat, Ebiketie, Williams, Jackson/Barnett [TC battle]

DT[4]: Hargrave, Cox, Davis, Williams

LB[5]: Edwards, White, Reddick, Taylor, Beavers [cut Johnson and Bradley]

CB[6]: Slay, Emerson, McPhearson, Maddox, Gowan, Scott

S [5]: Pitre, Harris, Epps, Chachere, Wallace

ST[3]: Elliott, Araiza, Lovato

Yep. That would be an awesome draft. Probably better than what Howie is going to actually do. :D

39 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

Yep. That would be an awesome draft. Probably better than what Howie is going to actually do. :D

Most likely. Lol

Forgive me but why not trade 15 to 13 and 18 to whatever?

20 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Trades:

15, 101, 2023 3rd for 13
18 for 39, 48, 71
83 for 98, 120

Draft:

A stud NT

A bonafide X WR

I really like this one from @Outlaw :thumbsup:

I almost laughed out loud when I read it yesterday though, as I was already working on my own Mock which is eerily similar, especially early on!

I will still publish mine, but it's clear that we are on a similar wavelength.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Couch Potato said:

I really like this one from @Outlaw :thumbsup:

I almost laughed out loud when I read it yesterday though, as I was already working on my own Mock which is eerily similar, especially early on!

I will still publish mine, but it's clear that we are on a similar wavelength.

Thanks man. Just the more I look at this draft, the more R 2 and 3 picks I want. If they can get Davis and then trade down for a lower 1 and an additional 2 I’ll be ecstatic. 

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

Thanks man. Just the more I look at this draft, the more R 2 and 3 picks I want. If they can get Davis and then trade down for a lower 1 and an additional 2 I’ll be ecstatic. 

Hold my beer.......

13 hours ago, matchew88 said:

Forgive me but why not trade 15 to 13 and 18 to whatever?

15 gets more in return trading back.  

very nice - I'd be thrilled with this. Welcome to the board.  

On 4/13/2022 at 4:36 PM, Outlaw said:

On 4/13/2022 at 5:06 PM, Freshmilk said:

I like this draft a lot, but no way does 101 and 154 get us from 18 to 13. Howie is good, but he’s not that good.

26 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I like this draft a lot, but no way does 101 and 154 get us from 18 to 13. Howie is good, but he’s not that good.

True. Would have to be 15. 

Interesting. I think Davis will drop because He's a big load, who isn't going to pile up sacks. Eagles fans will love the pick and when he doesn't get sacks they will say he's a bust. I believe Devante Wyatt has better pass rush potential as a DT. I mean, people complain that Cox doesn't get sacks. Am I right?