Infam's final mock

Infam

Been waiting if there was another shoe to drop before the draft but nothing so far so here it goes:

Eagles sign Tyrann Mathieu after the draft for a fair deal at 2-3 years.

Eagles trade their first round pick in 2023 after the draft and sign Deebo Samuel, 4 years 90 M. This is based on what we have shown we were looking for and scheme fit. With yet another flexible weapon plus vet leadership we should maybe do better than a Chris Olave.. I think Jameson Williams is a really good receiver and it's a tough toss up if you had to decide between these two but for my last draft I'll just assume that Williams is picked before that and thus we didn't get that choice and traded for Samuel after draft day. Maybe some sweetener picks are involved in this?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eagles trade up #15 with Andre Dillard to #9 with the Seahawks. Early rush on OT made them do it.

Eagles trade down #18 for #29 and #62 with the Chiefs. They get to pick their favorite receiver.

Eagles trade up the seventh with Minshew for a fourth. A team that missed out on day two uses a fourth to get Minshew.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

1- Ahmad Gardner, CB: The Eagles really want to pair Slay with a premium pick while he is still in his prime and it's possible he is there at 9 so that would be really good value for us.

1- Daxton Hill, S: While DL would have been maybe the bigger need we went safety for the first time ever in the first to pair him with the honey badger and finally employ a premier secondary.

2- Daniel Faalele, RT: Another well invested second rounder in the future of our OL. He might just lock up the tackles with Mailata for a long time after Lane is gone.

2- David Ojabo, DE: Arguably a top ten talent his injury made him fall to the second where we are ready to gamble on his huge upside on the DL adding a lineman on the other side in round two. Alternative pick here would be Leal.

3- Drake Jackson, Edge: Despite signing Reddick, who will be fun to watch we really need two guys that can do this - not only because of depth but because we open up a lot if we can rotate or even use both in certain situations. Yes Milton is another piece to move around but this is different. Drake started out the process as a potential first round pick but now is projected day two because just like Reddick he is a bit of a tweener and needs to be used the right way to generate production. Which is what Gannon is looking for. At the third he would be a huge bargain though.

3- Tariq Woolen, CB: We finish out day two with another corner, bit raw but great potential to really change up the corner room even more.

4- Bryan Cook, S: Then we pick another safety with high potential to add depth to Epps and Wallace.

4- Jelani Woods, TE: Great athlete with tremendous combine. He would really improve our TE room behind Goedert.

5- Breece Hall, RB: He is supposed to go earlier, but the way it goes with RBs that have great moments but show they need some work to get where they need to be he may be available a bit later. While some will argue we need more of a bruiser back it's not what the Eagles usually search for. I think we want to go with someone that has vision and patience to use with Gainwell. If he realizes his potential he could end up a really good player.

5- Skylar Thompson, QB: So with Minshew just traded in the fourth we picked a developmental prospect that for some weird reason is very overlooked. Or atleast that's what it seems like before the draft. Because this QB has really big potential in my opinion.

So there you go, double picks in every round. Only normal picks next year which seems bad if we need another QB, but we improved the team to a level here that we get to really see what we have and be attractive to QBs out there again (really think so). Let's take a quick look at the depth chart:

QB- Hurts + Thompson

WR- Samuel, Smith, Watkins + Pascal, Ward, Reagor

RB- Sanders + Hall, Gainwell, Scott

TE- Goedert + Woods, Stoll

OL- Mailata, Dickerson, Kelce, Seumalo, Johnson + Faalele, Driscoll, Herbig, Toth

------------------------------

CB- Slay, Sauce, Maddox + Woolen, McPhearson

S-   Mathieu, Hill + Cook, Epps, Harris, Wallace

LB- White, Reddick + Jackson, Taylor, Edwards

DT- Cox, Hargrave + Williams, Tuipulotu

DE- Graham, Sweat + Ojabo, Barnett

= 48 + 3 special teams + two surprise candidates

If Hurts gets to stay target for next year would be DL.

Alternative route for all those that don’t want to go that all-in: You don’t trade for Samuel (if that’s even an option), stay put at 18 and pick your favorite receiver (mine would be Jameson Williams if available). And you only get Faalele or Ojabo (if either is there in the second)… Less investment at safety would be the Eagles way I guess.

I doubt we trade a 2023 first round pick... Unless they surprise us and take a qb early this year I see them evaluating Hurts and using the 2 picks in round 1 to move up for a qb if he doesn't improve 

6 minutes ago, Aspiritfall said:

I doubt we trade a 2023 first round pick... Unless they surprise us and take a qb early this year I see them evaluating Hurts and using the 2 picks in round 1 to move up for a qb if he doesn't improve 

Like I said there are other options, I went with best team this year for fun. And a first next year is a bit of a gamble, we might get lucky and it’s lower than expected.

Another idea would be to take Hamilton instead of Sauce and Elam for Hill.

Seems like a wasted draft, then we dip into next year’s resources (a better QB draft/high valued pick trades) and cash out a guy who may not want to be a versatile playmaker anymore. 

We add Sauce, and a 3rd round CB even though we have Slay and Maddox as or nickel package. 

I don’t mind Ojobo, but immediately after him going with another Edge? Sweat, Reddick, Graham, Barnett, Jackson, Williams can move all over the line, Ojobo replaces Graham/Barnett next year when he’s healthier and their contracts are done. 

Then signing Honey Badger, spending a first on a safety, and then drafting another safety in the 4th. 

Then we move veteran experienced young QB for a 4th to then draft a rookie QB in the 5th?!? 

Breece Hall in the 5th is wild, but if it happens I’m not mad. 

Taking a OT in the 2nd round when we have Lane Johnson, who’s only 32 and under contract, just seems like another wasted high pick. 

This draft is deep at safety and Edge rushers, and we used 4 of our top 6 picks on the position, after adding valuable starting caliber FA’s at those positions. Just seems like we’re trying to plug holes with multiple players playing the same position instead of spreading out impact over the entire roster. 

It’s a head scratcher for me. 

58 minutes ago, GoEagles614 said:

Seems like a wasted draft, then we dip into next year’s resources (a better QB draft/high valued pick trades) and cash out a guy who may not want to be a versatile playmaker anymore. 

Like I said, if you can’t deal with using next years pick too there’s options. I went with best possible team this year. 

We add Sauce, and a 3rd round CB even though we have Slay and Maddox as or nickel package. 

Sure, Slay + Sauce + Maddox and a third as backup/developmental guy. Seems like a good idea to me.

I don’t mind Ojobo, but immediately after him going with another Edge? Sweat, Reddick, Graham, Barnett, Jackson, Williams can move all over the line, Ojobo replaces Graham/Barnett next year when he’s healthier and their contracts are done. 

Well yes, Ojabo and Jackson are very different though. Even put Jackson down as a Edge/LB.

Then signing Honey Badger, spending a first on a safety, and then drafting another safety in the 4th. 

I wish I had more trust in our safeties. Honey Badger + Hill would really change things. And a fourth as backup.

Then we move veteran experienced young QB for a 4th to then draft a rookie QB in the 5th?!? 

I think Minshew wants to leave.

Breece Hall in the 5th is wild, but if it happens I’m not mad. 

Taking a OT in the 2nd round when we have Lane Johnson, who’s only 32 and under contract, just seems like another wasted high pick. 

I don’t agree at all. This is a rare opportunity.

This draft is deep at safety and Edge rushers, and we used 4 of our top 6 picks on the position, after adding valuable starting caliber FA’s at those positions. Just seems like we’re trying to plug holes with multiple players playing the same position instead of spreading out impact over the entire roster. 

It’s a head scratcher for me. 

Look at the depth chart. Looks perfectly spread out to me. And all players with great value.

Thanks pal, this is one of the more interesting drafts to analyze. 

About Samuel - one of the things folks are saying about his desire to leave SF is that he doesn't want to be a combo WR/RB. That significantly limits the flexibility I think you are referring to. 

i really don't think Gardner last until #9

Love the Hill pick - hate the Faalele pick. Hill is a stud, but 2nd round picks should be contributors immediately. With Mailata and Johnson, Faalele's turn would be at least 2 years away. 

Love the Ojabo pick but hate the Jackson pick. I completely agree that if we take Ojabo, we should take another DE. I just don't like Jackson and would prefer Cameron Thomas or Sam Williams. 

If Woolen is there, run to the podium. 

Cook, Hall, and Woods are all terrific picks. Great job!

Personally, I prefer EJ Perry to Thompson. 

Infam - it's been a great off season. Thanks for all of your thoughts and input. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rob331 said:

Thanks pal, this is one of the more interesting drafts to analyze. 

About Samuel - one of the things folks are saying about his desire to leave SF is that he doesn't want to be a combo WR/RB. That significantly limits the flexibility I think you are referring to. 

If he truly wants to play receiver and receiver only that should make him cheaper though.

i really don't think Gardner last until #9

True, this one is wishful thinking. For more realism maybe swap Sauce for Hamilton and Hill for Elam.

Love the Hill pick - hate the Faalele pick. Hill is a stud, but 2nd round picks should be contributors immediately. With Mailata and Johnson, Faalele's turn would be at least 2 years away. 

Agree to disagree. We already used the firsts to help the secondary, finding two top notch linemen in round two would be perfect. As for Faalele he is just crazy huge but a bit raw. All he needs is time with Stout, Mailata and Lane. He can play at RT if Lane takes time off and will ultimately take over.

Mailata and Faalele could be crazy moving forward. That second would be well worth it.

Love the Ojabo pick but hate the Jackson pick. I completely agree that if we take Ojabo, we should take another DE. I just don't like Jackson and would prefer Cameron Thomas or Sam Williams. 

I‘d be fine with Thomas, but Drake is very much in the Reddick mold. So a better fit for us in my opinion.

If Woolen is there, run to the podium. 

Agreed. He‘s underrated.

Cook, Hall, and Woods are all terrific picks. Great job!

Thanks.

Personally, I prefer EJ Perry to Thompson. 

Thompson has sky high potential and some headscratching fails. Makes him a very good fifth round backup.

Infam - it's been a great off season. Thanks for all of your thoughts and input. 

Thank you, too!

I like a lot of these picks. I'm not sure on Hill in the first but then you've traded up to get Sauce. And look Hill absolutely fills a need and he's one of the best Safeties in this draft. 

Ojabo in the second would be great but I'm not sure he's going to slide that far? I think he could still go late first.

Lots of good picks though and heavy on defense which we need. 

My concern is the Deebo trade. A first next year for him? I mean yeah sure it's going to take that (and probably more) but then we are really leaving ourselves with Hurts as our QB and I'm not sure I like that. 

• Like 1