Chuck Clark (Ravens S) -- Potential Trade?

Godfather

Potential trade option to fill the void at S

• Like 2

It would appear that Clark becomes the odd man out after the team drafted Kyle Hamilton in the 1st and already signing Marcus Williams to a big deal in free agency. However, they could elect to keep him as their 3rd safety. The Ravens need a WR badly, but Jalen Reagor has virtually no trade value at this time so the Eagles essentially are stuck between dealing 2023 picks versus moving Andre Dillard.

Interestingly Dillard was not moved this draft despite him rumored to be on the block, which leads me to believe his trade value is likely not as high the Eagles had hoped. I wonder if the Ravens consider a straight Dillard for Clark swap, or whether the Eagles would be okay with such a move? This wouldn't quite be the same as the Dennis Kelly/DGB trade from a while back, since both guys would project as starters for their new teams right away. I know the Ravens drafted Daniel Faalele in the 4th round and signed Morgan Moses from the Jets to play RT, but they could potentially view Dillard as an upgrade.

Isnt Chuck Clark the guy Jordan Mailata threw to the ground a few years ago ?

• Like 1

I think the idea makes a lot of sense. Not sure what we would have to give up but it makes sense. We desperately need to do something at S in the worst way and now Mathieu is off the board. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

It would appear that Clark becomes the odd man out after the team drafted Kyle Hamilton in the 1st and already signing Marcus Williams to a big deal in free agency. However, they could elect to keep him as their 3rd safety. The Ravens need a WR badly, but Jalen Reagor has virtually no trade value at this time so the Eagles essentially are stuck between dealing 2023 picks versus moving Andre Dillard.

Interestingly Dillard was not moved this draft despite him rumored to be on the block, which leads me to believe his trade value is likely not as high the Eagles had hoped. I wonder if the Ravens consider a straight Dillard for Clark swap, or whether the Eagles would be okay with such a move? This wouldn't quite be the same as the Dennis Kelly/DGB trade from a while back, since both guys would project as starters for their new teams right away. I know the Ravens drafted Daniel Faalele in the 4th round and signed Morgan Moses from the Jets to play RT, but they could potentially view Dillard as an upgrade.

Agreed. I am a fan of Faalele but he is not ready to start in the NFL right away.

I start to think though if the offers for Dillard are low day three picks they will just keep him. It’s not like we have to get rid of him, he has value for our team.

Unlike Agh.. ehr.. Reagor.

8 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think the idea makes a lot of sense. Not sure what we would have to give up but it makes sense. We desperately need to do something at S in the worst way and now Mathieu is off the board. 

Plus I think they really wanted Davis and ended up with Hamilton. Still good for them but that should make Clark available.

Then again maybe we find someone even better. It’s still a lot of time left..

If we can add to the secondary we should be good to go for this year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Infam said:

Plus I think they really wanted Davis and ended up with Hamilton. Still good for them but that should make Clark available.

Then again maybe we find someone even better. It’s still a lot of time left..

If we can add to the secondary we should be good to go for this year.

Yeah I mean I'm sure they'd like to keep Clark as their third S but if the offer is good enough then they'll take it. The big question is what would that offer need to be. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah I mean I'm sure they'd like to keep Clark as their third S but if the offer is good enough then they'll take it. The big question is what would that offer need to be. 

I can even see them start Epps and McPhearson. It’s a weakness but both have shown a lot of promise last season.

Wallace not so much.

At least they know it. We are obviously looking for a safety right now.

Just now, Infam said:

I can even see them start Epps and McPhearson. It’s a weakness but both have shown a lot of promise last season.

Wallace not so much.

I think they like Epps enough to start him. I think that's a risk but yes I can see that. 

And I like McPhearson but again it's a risk. Can they really have big question marks at both positions?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think they like Epps enough to start him. I think that's a risk but yes I can see that. 

And I like McPhearson but again it's a risk. Can they really have big question marks at both positions?

I’d rather we didn’t. Then again sometimes when you give your guys a shot good things happen.

But Wallace starting at safety is a recipe for desaster.

• Like 2

Just now, Infam said:

I’d rather we didn’t. Then again sometimes when you give your guys a shot good things happen.

I think Epps is a good #3 but not sure he's a good starter. And if he or Harris get hurt then Wallace is in. So S is a real issue. 

As for McPhearson, I mean I like the kid but can they really risk it? Especially given S is going to be a potential issue. Not sure you can cover the issues at both positions.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think Epps is a good #3 but not sure he's a good starter. And if he or Harris get hurt then Wallace is in. So S is a real issue. 

As for McPhearson, I mean I like the kid but can they really risk it? Especially given S is going to be a potential issue. Not sure you can cover the issues at both positions.

Secondary is our big weakness.

Honestly I liked Epps better than Harris but both are most likely not going to give us high caliber play.

I hope for one really good safety signing. We still got money, we were in the Honey Badger sweepstakes..

If we find a safety, Epps, Harris and Wallace can fight for the other spot.

Then go DE + CB next year if Hurts works out for us.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Infam said:

Secondary is our big weakness.

Honestly I liked Epps better than Harris but both are most likely not going to give us high caliber play.

I hope for one really good safety signing. We still got money, we were in the Honey Badger sweepstakes..

If we find a safety, Epps, Harris and Wallace can fight for the other spot.

Then go DE + CB next year if Hurts works out for us.

We definitely should look at their actions this year and have hope that they are going to add to the S position. They've been active in trying to bring in a S. They were apparently in the discussions to sign Williams. They were apparently in the race to sign the Honey Badger. I think they may have had interest in Reid. They've tried to address the position and I'm sure that's not going to stop now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Infam said:

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Completely agree with Infam here.

They stacked the roster with mid, late rounders and UDFA DB’s. At some point you have to evaluate what you have in them before you add a vet.

Like Infam said; maybe one or two of those kids grab the bull by the horns and run away with the job but if you don’t give them a shot you’ll never know.

The Eagles gave up to soon on multiple guys in the past. For example; Douglas wasn’t a good fit in Schwartz’s defense but was pretty good in GB last year, Poyer carved out a nice career in Buffalo, Rowe is an okay safety in Miami etc, etc.

IMO it’s all about fit, scheme and being able to do your job. Some of these kids have the potential to turn into something here. Give it time, we have plenty of that to evaluate what we have and if necessary sign a vet (Rhodes, Fuller, King, Moreau, Alexander etc all looking for a job) or trade for one (Reagor straight up for Ravens safety Chuck Clark?). No worries here!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jeep_man said:

Isnt Chuck Clark the guy Jordan Mailata threw to the ground a few years ago ?

Mailata throws a lot of guys to the ground.  :flex:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

Mailata throws a lot of guys to the ground.  :flex:

I mean Mailata throws DEs and DTs to the ground. Safeties don't tend to be big huge 300lb guys. 

• 2 weeks later...

Screenshot_20220512-131604_Instagram.thumb.jpg.df1b462334fb4877db1dbedb89044449.jpg

Dillard for Clark would be a solid move at this juncture if the Ravens are interested. Probably more valuable than the pick the Eagles would get straight up for Dillard, which is probably a Day 3 pick at this point.

• Like 1

Dillard and Reagor for Clark and a 4th 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, What The F said:

Dillard and Reagor for Clark and a 4th 

It shouldn't really even take that. If Baltimore have a need at LT then Dillard for Clark should be enough. 

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

It shouldn't really even take that. If Baltimore have a need at LT then Dillard for Clark should be enough. 

They need wr also. Reagor for Clark should be enough

• Like 1

On 5/12/2022 at 7:18 PM, Godfather said:

They probably don't want Reagor's contract

On 5/12/2022 at 10:18 PM, Godfather said:

If Reagor gets you Clark then I don't want Clark.

On 5/15/2022 at 7:28 AM, Freshmilk said:

If Reagor gets you Clark then I don't want Clark.

I get what you're saying but Clark actually played decently well for the Ravens. I don't think they would actually do Reagor for Clark straight up, but if they somehow offered this trade I'd take it.

Dillard for Clark seems more realistic, although it may take a little bit more than Dillard to seal the deal.

I don't know that I'm sold enough on Clark that I'd want to give up meaningful future assets.  Feels more like a stop-gap addition.  But if we could get him in exchange for a player who isn't really expected, at this point, to add much to the Eagles, then yes.  And that does include Reagor (sadly).  I think I'd want more for Dillard. He's a viable starting LT.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, ilikepargo said:

I don't know that I'm sold enough on Clark that I'd want to give up meaningful future assets.  Feels more like a stop-gap addition.  But if we could get him in exchange for a player who isn't really expected, at this point, to add much to the Eagles, then yes.  And that does include Reagor (sadly).  I think I'd want more for Dillard. He's a viable starting LT.

I wouldn't want to give up meaningful assets but Reagor definitely falls in to that category. And yeah I'd agree Dillard is more valuable but perhaps they could swing a third or fourth back?