Eagles Claim WR Josh Hammond from Jaguars

time2rock

So close

image.png.eaac52dd8611249fdd88e63047e76055.png

I just want to say,  Welcome to Jurassic Park.

I also Picture Howie imitating him when signing this guy,  as John says in the movie about 50 times,  "We spared no expense!"

I know it's only a camp body but surely there has to be more upside in an UDFA from this year who might spring a surprise in camp than a UDFA from 2019 who's had 2 years doing nothing on other teams and proven he doesn't have it as a receiver or special teamer.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I know it's only a camp body but surely there has to be more upside in an UDFA from this year who might spring a surprise in camp than a UDFA from 2019 who's had 2 years doing nothing on other teams and proven he doesn't have it as a receiver or special teamer.

Well that and also I'm sure there were more UDFAs this year than previous years? More prospects declared I guess due to covid over the last couple of years? So in prior years maybe some of these guys would have been later round picks. 

19 hours ago, Godfather said:

We need some more speed wrs

FIXED, 4.53 ain't speed at the WR position.

12 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

His speed, contradicts with his performance for the Jaguars. He did very well for them in preseason games. I see a guy who at the very least can improve our special teams.

17 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Howie loves speed

2 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Apparently not.

Why do you think he went Reagor over Jefferson?  

13 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

His speed, contradicts with his performance for the Jaguars. He did very well for them in preseason games. I see a guy who at the very least can improve our special teams.

He was on the field for 0.46% of special teams snaps for the Jaguars last year, the Jaguars had 4 receivers go to IR and this dude got 13 offensive snaps, Jacksonville signed a special teams /  returner from the Buccs practise squad rather than promote this guy to the active roster. If the Jags didn't fancy him after his preseason  I doubt he improves anything.

I'd rather they signed Calvin Turner or Emeka Emezie, they were both potential late round flyers, Turner in particular was a decent tailback who suddenly became a receiver his final year, he's a decent returner too. I think he got invited to minicamps by a couple of teams though so I dunno about his availability.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, time2rock said:

Why do you think he went Reagor over Jefferson?  

Because he's a dumb sheet.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Because he's a dumb sheet.

I mean that's the answer ultimately, you look at the stats for Higgins, Aiyuk, Jefferson and Claypools 2019 college seasons next to Reagor's and Reagor is nowhere near any of them, it's amazing he was able to spin his 'bad QB play' story and get it past the scouts.

18 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I mean that's the answer ultimately, you look at the stats for Higgins, Aiyuk, Jefferson and Claypools 2019 college seasons next to Reagor's and Reagor is nowhere near any of them, it's amazing he was able to spin his 'bad QB play' story and get it past the scouts.

That and the GPS clocking story is what sold the dumbarse.  I watched his "highlights" and knew immediately he wasn't gong to be worth a damn.

On 5/18/2022 at 4:49 PM, Godfather said:

Howie loves speed

Howie has been a pendulum on speed.  Even though Howie was not GM, he was here when we drafted Maclin in round 1 with Jackson in the fold.  That was a massive commitment to speed.  

Many years later, he committed to the slowest offense in the NFL with 12 personnel, Jeffery, and drafting JJAW.  They had a token modest investment in a predictable, spacer/speed guy who was past his prime.  That was a revolving door between Torrey Smith, Mike Wallace, Desean, even DGB.  All basically flea market additions.

When that failure was thrown in his face, he sorted his 2020 draft board according to 40 time and mostly got guys that couldn't play football.

Now we are drifting back with 2 non burners in Smith and Brown.  Watkins is fast, but he won't be used much.

I wouldn't say this offense is S-L-O-W, but it's probably somewhere a bit below average in terms of speed.