CB Jimmy Moreland Claimed by Eagles from Washington

Vee

Who's posting the first Super Bowlzzzz.

Then we need someone with "camp body" for a response.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-claim-cb-jimmy-moreland/

Moreland is still on his original rookie contract. Because he played in at least 35 percent of his team's defensive snaps in two of his first three seasons in the NFL, he is eligible for the "Proven Performance Escalator," and is scheduled to make $2,433,000 in 2022, which is non-guaranteed. In other words, the Eagles at least like Moreland enough to keep him on their books for now at that level of pay.

The Eagles now have 13 cornerbacks on their roster.

• Haha 1

I like the move... I think he could compete to make the roster but that cap hit needs to come down surely?

• Sad 1

Low risk move. Can't fault it.

One thing I find interesting is I remember his name being floated around last year as someone Eagles were interested in before Texans claimed  him. They have been wanting to bring him for a while so someone in the FO is clearly high on the guy. Reasonable chance he makes the roster based on that I think.

14 corners on the roster (13 if you call Chachere a safety). Going to be releasing several who catch on with other teams. 

8 hours ago, Rob331 said:

14 corners on the roster (13 if you call Chachere a safety). Going to be releasing several who catch on with other teams. 

Certainly lot of bodies competing for #4, #5 and #6 (if they keep that many).

I don't think they have a real good idea who that will be yet - let them compete in camp and see who stands out.

On 5/24/2022 at 10:46 AM, Vee said:

Who's posting the first Super Bowlzzzz.

Then we need someone with "camp body" for a response.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-claim-cb-jimmy-moreland/

Moreland is still on his original rookie contract. Because he played in at least 35 percent of his team's defensive snaps in two of his first three seasons in the NFL, he is eligible for the "Proven Performance Escalator," and is scheduled to make $2,433,000 in 2022, which is non-guaranteed. In other words, the Eagles at least like Moreland enough to keep him on their books for now at that level of pay.

The Eagles now have 13 cornerbacks on their roster.

Super bowlllllzzzzzz camp body!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe Moreland is trade material to a team that has injury issues to corners in training camp.