Trade possibilities

Rob331

Ok - it's the dead zone in the NFL schedule. Not much to talk about and all we have to do is speculate.

One of the things that comes with a deep roster is the possibilty for trades. So who on our roster are potential or even likely trade candidates?

• Andre Dillard - he CAN play left tackle, a premium position. If someone loses a left tackle before opening day Howie can probably get a conditional 3rd round pick for him. His value is decrease because he's in the last year of his contract. 
  • Isaac Seumalo - another player in the last year of his contract. With his contract someone will have to need a starter. A possible 4th round pick, unless Baltimore decides he's better than their guards and will give up Chuck Clark. Given his salary he's a candidatre he's a candidate to be cut and other teams know that making a trade even less likely. 
  • Gardner Minshew - less likely than it would appear. going into the Super bowl year the Eagles told us that havng a very good backup quarterback was important. The Superbowl results reinforced that notion. Nevertheless, if someone's QB goes down in camp AND Carson Strong looks fairly good there is a possibilty. He's another player in the last year of his contract so a 3rd day pick is all that's in the cards. 
  • Jalen Reagor. Don't laugh! Here's an example - look at some starters around the league. Baltimore's starting receirver? Bateman and who? The answer is Devin Duvernay and James Proche. Even Reagor would be an upgrade. Houston starts Nico Collins. The Falcons - Bryan Edwards and Olamide Zaccheaus. I'll admit it, I have no clue about the possibile value. Another player in the last contract year so 3rd day pick it is. 
  • One of the backup corners - McPhereson, Moorehead, Scott, James, Gowan, Vincent, McCain, Goodrich. All it would take is a couple of non-starters on another team going down and the Eagles depth would be cause to knock on our door. A 6th or 7th would be a possibility. 
  • SURPRISE POSSIBILITY! Fletcher Cox. We al know he won't be here next year. Our DT position is deep, but admittedly unproven so it would take 2nd day pick to shake him loose. Take a look at the Steelers. They were interested last year and made a play for Cox. This year they've lost Tuitt. Admittedly they drafted DeMarvin Leal, but he's a 3rd round prospect, not a sure thing like Jordan Davis. If Leal doesn't look like the real thing this could happen. 

Miles Sanders at the deadline if the team sucks. He shouldn't be getting another contract from us so if they can get a 3rd or 4th I'd do it. That's if he's even healthy enough to be traded after week 2

Doubt any of our backup corners could fetch anything in a trade unless it's one of those late training camp trades where one team trades a bottom of the depth chart player they are likely cutting to another team for a bottom depth chart player they are likely cutting at a different position. 

5 hours ago, Rob331 said:

SURPRISE POSSIBILITY! Fletcher Cox. We al know he won't be here next year. Our DT position is deep, but admittedly unproven so it would take 2nd day pick to shake him loose. Take a look at the Steelers. They were interested last year and made a play for Cox. This year they've lost Tuitt. Admittedly they drafted DeMarvin Leal, but he's a 3rd round prospect, not a sure thing like Jordan Davis. If Leal doesn't look like the real thing this could happen. 

Fletcher Cox can not be traded with his new deal.

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

Fletcher Cox can not be traded with his new deal.

Do you mean that he has a no-trade clause, or do you merely mean that the terms of his contract are highly unconducive to trading him from the front office's perspective?

Trade Jalen Hurts to a team where their QB1 goes down in preseason. Muscles and mechanics are one thing, but making decisions as a passer in the pocket and seeing the entire field is something else completely.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Reno Mahe for Urlakkerzz, championship!

Bro I spotted Larry Fitz at the airport...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BayAreaLennie said:

Do you mean that he has a no-trade clause, or do you merely mean that the terms of his contract are highly unconducive to trading him from the front office's perspective?

His new contract has multiple dummy years and was set up for a post June 1 cut next year.  Cap hit is 4 million, if traded, cap hit becomes 14 million.

I do not see anyone on this team worth trading...at this point in the season...? 

A backup WR, to me, has a higher probability of being traded ..as far as positions go. We will see after the training camp.

3 hours ago, downundermike said:

His new contract has multiple dummy years and was set up for a post June 1 cut next year.  Cap hit is 4 million, if traded, cap hit becomes 14 million.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the full cap amount is going to hit regardless of whether he is kept, cut or traded, it is just a matter of the timing, i.e., which year(s) it hits in.  I do not see that as fatal to the chances of a trade.

Minshew won't be traded.  We have nothing reliable behind him.

Seumalo won't be traded either.  He's our starter.

13 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Reno Mahe for Urlakkerzz, championship!

Haven't seen you in the forum for a long time. 

Cox won't be traded with that contract, Minshew is the only reliable backup QB and won't be traded, Seumalo is a starter and needed even for depth if he were replaced by a rookie, all the backup corners are scrubs no one wants them, Reagor is a bum no one would trade for him unless "maybe" a 7th round pick or a player swap of equally disappointing player who needs a new scenery during preseason.  

Dillard is the only realistic trade bait but then you lose depth and what are you getting in return?  Better to keep O line depth through this year, see how injuries go and how the backups develop before getting rid of depth.

• Like 1

Jalen Reagor is trash, and he's not an upgrade over anybody.

• Like 2

Most guys aren't worth anything in the nfl. But I remember years ago they got a pick for FB Josh Parry. Seems almost random at times who can get a late pick.  It's like a perfect storm.

15 minutes ago, RastaPasta said:

Jalen Reagor is trash, and he's not an upgrade over anybody.

I mean, he sucks, but he is an upgrade on someone, like this guy for example.

image.png.012cef5ac95171d3133a530bb075ce9b.png

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I think Wallace will outperform Reagor in 2022. 

3 hours ago, Rob331 said:

Haven't seen you in the forum for a long time. 

I'm on the board every day, just haven't posted a lot. Got a lot going on at home, which occupies much of my time. But I'm here every day, even if only briefly. 

• Like 1

I don't think any of those players will be traded.

I would like to keep the depth, not trade it away.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2022 at 3:18 PM, devpool said:

Miles Sanders at the deadline if the team sucks. He shouldn't be getting another contract from us so if they can get a 3rd or 4th I'd do it. That's if he's even healthy enough to be traded after week 2

Rbs do not get 3rd or 4th rounders in a trade, esp one on the final year of his deal that has been injury prone. 

You'll be lucky to get a 5th or 6th

12 hours ago, pgcd3 said:

Most guys aren't worth anything in the nfl. But I remember years ago they got a pick for FB Josh Parry. Seems almost random at times who can get a late pick.  It's like a perfect storm.

We traded AJ Feeley for a second to the dolphins. That will always be my benchmark for sheety trades. 

On 6/14/2022 at 6:58 PM, matchew88 said:

Trade Jalen Hurts to a team where their QB1 goes down in preseason. Muscles and mechanics are one thing, but making decisions as a passer in the pocket and seeing the entire field is something else completely.

it's weight, height, 40 time other combine numbers.

making the qb position worse seems idiotic

18 hours ago, downundermike said:

I watch the Ravens a lot and they didn't have a WR suck as bad as Reagor.  None of that "throw 3 passes to Reagor in the last minute of the game, and if he catches 1, the Eagles win, and Reagor catches none and the Eagles lose" stuff.  The Ravens drafted 2
TEs and it's expected the Ravens will be using more TEs, fewer WRs this year.