Draft Rules Quirks

RPeeteRules

I’m in a few leagues, and I’m always intrigued by various draft rules that leagues have.  In one league I’m in, we do a snake draft, but in round 3, it starts with the 10th guy to pick first in the round.  So the 10th guy gets 10, 11, 21, 40, 41, and so on.

Another rule we have is that you can keep one player a year, with a few caveats.  The player must have been drafted by you the prior year (or was a previous keeper by you) and kept on your roster the entire year.  The player had to be drafted in the 6th round or later.  If you keep a guy, he costs the round prior to when he was taken.  You can use the same keeper twice.  So when I took Mahomes in the 13th round, I kept him as 12th rounder the following year, then an 11th rounder the year after that.

Any other odd rules your leagues have?  I like adding some out of the box ideas to the leagues I’m in.

I haven't done a live fantasy draft in a couple of years, since Covid. I'm not sure we will ever go back. It's a shame, since online drafts killed some of the leagues I was in before.

Game of darts determines draft order. One dart per team, highest number wins. Or play a round of Hi Lo until everyone is eliminated. Winner gets to pick their place in the draft, 2nd place is next, etc. (Winner may not get #1 pick. They might decide to pick #2 or #5... Or last pick, to get the double picks....)

If you draft a player already taken, you forfeit the pick.

We did the sticky labels on the poster board draft. There was an extra sheet for write-ins. Once you placed the label the pick is locked. If you write-in a player already taken, see above rule.

Last place from the year before brings the beverages.

• Like 1