Who would you re-sign/extend

Rob331

21 hours ago, Kz! said:

As a general rule, I'm not ever giving a RB significant money on a second contract. Just replenish that position through the draft. 

With that thinking, RBs should go to the NFLPA to restrict their rookie contracts to  2 year deals, all the punishment those guys take and no one wants to pay them is total BS.  

Besides, show me a team with no running game and I'll show you a cellar dweller.

3 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

With that thinking, RBs should go to the NFLPA to restrict their rookie contracts to  2 year deals, all the punishment those guys take and no one wants to pay them is total BS.  

Besides, show me a team with no running game and I'll show you a cellar dweller.

Yeah, it sucks for them, but most running backs that get a high-priced second contract end up fizzling out and being a cap-burden to whatever team ponied up the money. Much better off going with cheaper, younger alternatives at the position.

5 minutes ago, Kz! said:

Much better off going with cheaper, younger alternatives at the position.

Cheaper rookie deal and no high-priced second contract....they need to go to the NFLPA ASAP!! BTW, the don't fizzle out they get beatup.

7 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Cheaper rookie deal and no high-priced second contract....they need to go to the NFLPA ASAP!! BTW, the don't fizzle out they get beatup.

Yes, the result of them getting beat up causes them to fizzle out. 

5 hours ago, Rob331 said:

Understood, but didn't they extend Mailata, Goedert, and Maddox earlier than that?

Those three guys were extended midway through their fourth year. 

The potential problem is going into the off-season losing 10 starters, several key back ups, and one of your 3 special teamers.

• Starters - Kelce, Sanders, Seumalo, Hargrave, Cox, White Edwards, Bradberry, and 2 of the safeties (Epps, Harris, and Tartt are all FA's)
  • Key back ups - Minshew, Scott, Pascal, Opeta, Dillard, Graham, and the thrid of the safeties. 
  • Lovato

Here's what I would do - 

Re-sign Opeta, White, Edwards, Epps, Pascal, Scott, Lovato and Graham.

Celebrate the carreers of Kelce and Cox. Kelce reitres and Cox moves on. Kelce's replacement os on the roster. Draft a back up center on day 3. Davis and Williams will start. Tuipolotu, Marvin Wilson and a draft pick fill out the DT room. 

Let Sanders, Seumalo, Hargrave, Edwards, Bradberry, Harris, Tartt, Minshew, and Dillard go the free agent route. 

My answer is based on signing before the season starts, so my opinion could change within next 6 months. 
Would be all good with them re-signing Seumalo, Hargrave, Lovato, and Graham tomorrow. Just because they’re all proven solid to great starters for the Eagles, But probably not to any long term deals. Would be all aboard with Kelce but it’s his last year most likely. 

Epps, Edwards, White are three players who have all had encouraging camps and seem to have good trajectories. They’re all also going to be 26-27 entering next season. Could become great value signings like Mailata, or could backfire. I wouldn’t hate it but I’d be skeptical. 

Bradberry I have to wait and see. If he plays well, bring him back but not to any long term deals. He’ll be 30 entering next season  

No to everyone else

Sanders, Hargrave, White, Harris, Bradberry. Only Hargrave to a longer term deal.