Josh Jacobs (Raiders RB) -- NOT TRADED

Godfather

On 9/29/2022 at 4:08 AM, nipples said:

I like Jacobs, but I’m never a fan of drafting RBs in the first round or giving out big contracts to them. If he comes cheap then sure, but I just thing RB is one of the easiest positions to fill with an effective player. 

I don't agree that that. Easiest to fill? Sure. Effective? Hell no. Plenty of teams find gem RB's in later rounds and UDFA, but that still doesn't make it easy. The Eagles sure as hell haven't had a lot of success in the draft despite drafting one nearly every season in the 3rd round or later. Sometimes multiple.

That being said, I like Jacobs as a pure runner. Not sure about his receiving chops. He also tends to get banged up, but that is the nature of the position. Right now Sanders has been playing quite well, so I'm not necessarily sure the team needs to make a move there. Would appear to be like more of a lateral move to me.

10 hours ago, Devaster said:

I don't agree that that. Easiest to fill? Sure. Effective? Hell no. Plenty of teams find gem RB's in later rounds and UDFA, but that still doesn't make it easy. The Eagles sure as hell haven't had a lot of success in the draft despite drafting one nearly every season in the 3rd round or later. Sometimes multiple.

That being said, I like Jacobs as a pure runner. Not sure about his receiving chops. He also tends to get banged up, but that is the nature of the position. Right now Sanders has been playing quite well, so I'm not necessarily sure the team needs to make a move there. Would appear to be like more of a lateral move to me.

Disagree all you want, but NFL teams clearly tend to agree with me considering how rarely RBs are drafted in the first round anymore. The offensive line is much more responsible for the success of the running game than the RB himself, unless it's one of the best 2 or 3 backs in the league. Just look at the Eagles last year. All four running backs averaged a minimum of 4.3 yards per carry.

35 minutes ago, nipples said:

Disagree all you want, but NFL teams clearly tend to agree with me considering how rarely RBs are drafted in the first round anymore. The offensive line is much more responsible for the success of the running game than the RB himself, unless it's one of the best 2 or 3 backs in the league. Just look at the Eagles last year. All four running backs averaged a minimum of 4.3 yards per carry.

The offensive line has always been much more responsible. That wasn't what I disagreed with. You ignored what I was responding to and must have ignored most of my message. I also didn't disagree with what round they were drafted in. The position is devalued, but that doesn't mean you can get RB's anywhere.

On 9/28/2022 at 5:41 AM, Road to Victory said:

I’d rather just re-sign Sanders than sign Jacobs. He’s a nice fit and you know what you’re getting. Both guys are always nicked up. I don’t really see the upgrade. 

Jacobs is a proper 250 tote a year Tail back and he's way better at getting in the end zone too. Even though he's never had a true bell cow workload in a season Sanders hs never started a full slate of games in any of his first 3 years, missing 5 games a season, Jacobs has missed 7 games total.

I wouldn't sign Jacobs either but he'd be a monster behind our line and a clear upgrade on Sanders.

• 3 weeks later...