TRAINING CAMP RUMORS: TEAMS STILL INQUIRING ABOUT WR JALEN REAGOR

time2rock

TRAINING CAMP RUMORS: TEAMS STILL INQUIRING ABOUT WR JALEN REAGOR

August 4, 2022

Jalen Reagor

Jalen Reagor’s productive training camp must be working wonders for his trade value.

On the heels of another disappointing season, the Eagles tried to move their former first-round pick during the NFL Draft to no avail. However, with camp getting underway around the league, teams have lost receivers due to injuries, and interest for Reagor may resurface in the near future.

According to NFL Insider Geoff Mosher on the latest Inside The Birds podcast, teams are still checking in the Eagles’ receiver.

"In the last 48 hours alone Van Jefferson has gone down, Tim Patrick’s gone down, James Washington’s gone down, Quintez Cephus has gone down. I know Tee Higgins got hurt. There’s a rash of injuries going on around the NFL. We reported back at the draft that Baltimore had called just to check in on Jalen Reagor. I’ve heard teams have continued to call in and just check in and inquire about Jalen Reagor.

Whether or not the Eagles feel compelled to move him right now or what the price is, couldn’t tell you that. But that’s gonna happen. They know the situation at hand; they see the moves that the Eagles made. They know Jalen Reagor is sitting there running with the second team. So it’ll be interesting to see his fate by the time camp ends.”

Mosher noted that Reagor has looked more like a "complete receiver” this summer compared to his camp performance last year. I can echo that sentiment; Reagor has been impressive in individual work and team drills, routinely beating the second-team corners and making the most of his first-team reps.

During the Eagles’ exit interview in January, Sirianni stated he wants more production from Reagor and that the team still intends to utilize him moving forward:

"As we head into year three, we expected more from Jalen [Reagor] at this point. We had a chance to sit down with him after the season and had an honest conversation about the things that he needs to develop and the things that we can help him develop to continue his growth.

We want more production from Jalen Reagor, and he has all the talent to do so. I like him in that number three spot right now, to be able to make plays, because he has skill. He has talent. It’s just our jobs as coaches to get that skill and talent out of him.”

With the top four WRs solidified at the position, Reagor’s best-case scenario is carving out a rotational splash role in the offense. At just 23 years of age, Reagor still has time to unlock his potential in the NFL — if he can stay off social media.

w1.jpg.7bd3371cb9cbffb70d47238ff8cdbe40.jpg

https://thelibertyline.com/2022/08/04/teams-still-inquiring-jalen-reagor/

• Haha 1

I’ve heard teams have continued to call in and just check in and inquire about Jalen Reagor

"Hey Howie, we might have some interest in Reagor.  How about a 2056 7th rounder?  No?  Wait, you want at least a 2048 6th?  Too steep for my blood, see ya buddy"

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, EaglesAddict said:

"Hey Howie, we might have some interest in Reagor.  How about a 2056 7th rounder?  No?  Wait, you want at least a 2048 6th?  Too steep for my blood, see ya buddy"

Look Howie, how about I throw in a bag of Funyans that expired 8 years ago along with that 2056 7th ... does that work?  

OK seriously, I heard we reached out to LV to inquire about Jacobs.  I would be interested in a straight up swap ... Reagor for Jacobs.  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Look Howie, how about I throw in a bag of Funyans that expired 8 years ago along with that 2056 7th ... does that work?  

OK seriously, I heard we reached out to LV to inquire about Jacobs.  I would be interested in a straight up swap ... Reagor for Jacobs.  

I saw something about Jacobs to but nothing from any "reliable" source that I saw.  Would be an odd move for us to trade for someone like Jacobs when everyone has been raving about Sanders and Gainwell.  

I do hope we can trade Reagor though.  Our top 4 WRs are set.  The question is if we will keep 5 or 6 WRs on the 53.  With all the buzz about Covey so far, it almost seems like he may very well make the team.  So, if we can't trade Reagor and can't cut him due to cap hit, we'd have to keep 6 WRs in order to keep Covey

• Like 1

Do not forget that Nelson Agholor was not a good player for a couple of years before he became a SB hero.  Not saying that's in the cards for Reagor, but there is precedent for other Eagles like Brandon Graham to have solid careers after bumpy starts.

I'm not a big Reagor fan, but I do like the spotlight being off of him, and would not be surprised if he stays with the team and contributes.

• Like 3

I have not lost faith in Reagor like I have JJAW. Even though I think JJAW may surprise us this year at TE. Too early to give up on Reagor imo. Especially since like the article has pointed out. WRs getting injured.

Trade him for whatever you can get. JJaw is worthless also. We have enough so cut ties and give younger talent a shot....