RUMOR: AFC TEAM INTERESTED IN WR JALEN REAGOR

time2rock

RUMOR: AFC TEAM INTERESTED IN WR JALEN REAGOR

August 9, 2022

Jalen Reagor

Eagles WR Jalen Reagor has seemingly rebuilt his trade value during training camp.

On the heels of another disappointing season, the Eagles tried to move their former first-round pick during the NFL Draft to no avail. However, with camp getting underway around the league, teams have lost receivers due to injuries, causing them to look into players who may be available.

According to NFL reporter Matt Lombardo of Heavy.com, the Denver Broncos have "shown interest” in Reagor in the wake of WR Tim Patrick tearing his ACL:

"Paton and the Broncos have shown interest in Reagor, league sources have told Heavy, so perhaps Denver can find a way to maximize the TCU alum, and the Eagles can add yet another asset to Howie Roseman’s bountiful 2023 NFL draft war chest.”

Reagor has looked more like a complete receiver this summer, impressing in individual work and routinely beating corners in team drills. Most of his work has been with the second-team, but Reagor has made the most of his first-team reps, hauling in a 70-yard TD pass from Hurts during last week’s practice.

With the top four WRs solidified at the position, Reagor’s best-case scenario in Philadelphia is carving out a rotational splash role in the offense. A mutual split seems beneficial for both sides.

"We have great depth at the wide receiver position, and so, he’s battling for a spot,” Nick Sirianni said of Reagor’s roster status.” He is working with (the second string) right now. He’s gotten a lot of balls (thrown in his direction) over the past two days. He’s done a nice job. He’s worked hard in the offseason to come back in great shape [he failed a conditioning test in 2021].”

https://thelibertyline.com/2022/08/09/afc-team-interested-jalen-reagor/

• Haha 1

I'm sure Tim Patrick was definitely part of the Broncos' offensive plan, but they still have Sutton, Jeudy and Hamler.  Kinda surprised by the interest on their part...unless they have concerns about Hamler.  Of course, "showing interest" doesn't mean much.  Sure, they'd maybe give up a late pick, but Howie is probably looking for at least a 3rd for Reagor.

For real, I'm not really interested in trading Reagor.  He could still win the slot receiver job and might actually end up benefitting from having a veteran like Brown here.  Trading him now is selling low.  Keep him.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

For real, I'm not really interested in trading Reagor.  He could still win the slot receiver job and might actually end up benefitting from having a veteran like Brown here.  Trading him now is selling low.  Keep him.

I agree.  We saw in 2017 how important depth on the team is.  Unless somebody steps up with significant compensation, it's better to keep him at this stage and take the comp pick when he signs elsewhere

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

12 minutes ago, Procus said:

I agree.  We saw in 2017 how important depth on the team is.  Unless somebody steps up with significant compensation, it's better to keep him at this stage and take the comp pick when he signs elsewhere

If we'd only net a late day 3 pick in return, then I agree ... it is better to keep him as an insurance policy.  If we were able to get say a round 3 pick though (highly doubtful, but for the sake of this argument ... ), then I'd take the pick and move him and use that spot on someone like Covey.  

• Like 5

During season I was in the addition by substraction camp.

But agreed, he is 23 and had a real rough time recently. And it’s not even uncommon for a receiver to need a few years for the transition to the NFL.

It’s a cheap contract for two more years, so it has to be at least a fourth.

• Like 1

He could turn out to be our 2017 Nelson Agholor and play an important role in our upcoming Super Bowl run. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

He could turn out to be our 2017 Nelson Agholor and play an important role in our upcoming Super Bowl run. 

He’s one of the players I am most interested in watching during the upcoming preseason games.  Once Smith is back on the field Reagor will likely be seeing a lot more snaps since he’ll be running with the 2s.