Weird: The Al Yankovic Story

iladelphxx

Looks interesting. I remember when "My Bologna" came out. I was 10 or 11 at the time... it was Weird... but we all liked it lol.  

Loved Al when I was a kid. Obsessed. As an adult, def still have crazy respect for him. To stay this relevant and keep putting out great videos and parodies since the late 70’s and being a seemingly great guy on top is just cool. It’s nice to see down to earth successful people. 

10 hours ago, homerpat said:

Loved Al when I was a kid. Obsessed. As an adult, def still have crazy respect for him. To stay this relevant and keep putting out great videos and parodies since the late 70’s and being a seemingly great guy on top is just cool. It’s nice to see down to earth successful people. 

you and chickie should secret santa each other. she already has plans to take my second youngest daughter to his concert in SA. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

So, Harry Potter is actually secretly Weird Al? 

Honestly his casting threw me, but based on what I’ve seen him in post HP I’ve been impressed. And I legit despise Harry Potter. Bunch of adults who’ve never read another book besides that series acting like it’s the greatest thing ever written, when it’s average at best. 

3 hours ago, homerpat said:

Honestly his casting threw me, but based on what I’ve seen him in post HP I’ve been impressed. And I legit despise Harry Potter. Bunch of adults who’ve never read another book besides that series acting like it’s the greatest thing ever written, when it’s average at best. 

I don't think I've ever seen him in anything other than a few Harry Potter movies (I haven't seen them all). 

I love the idea that the Weird Al Biopic is just a parody of Musical Biopics.  It's completely on brand. 

4 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I don't think I've ever seen him in anything other than a few Harry Potter movies (I haven't seen them all). 

4 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

check out Horns and Guns Akimbo. Horns is odd, but it’s a Joe Hill (Stephen Kings kid) story and Guns Akimbo was super fun and I’ve grown to look past his kid movie past. 

• 1 month later...

I watched this last night. I didn't realize that it was going to be 98% parody and only about 2% biopic. It makes sense, being that it's about Weird Al, and it was ok. I think I'd have liked it more if it was more about reality than fantasy though. But for what it is and who it's about, it was entertaining (mostly). 

This was pretty much exactly what you'd expect from Weird Al writing a movie about himself and, you know what?, I was pretty ok with that.  Apparently the deep ensemble cast that he put together for it was too.  They were all in.  Surprisingly amusing.

48 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

This was pretty much exactly what you'd expect from Weird Al writing a movie about himself and, you know what?, I was pretty ok with that.  Apparently the deep ensemble cast that he put together for it was too.  They were all in.  Surprisingly amusing.

Yeah, it was what you should expect from him and exactly what you'd expect from him lol. 

I did fast forward a few times during some of the Madonna stuff, just to get past it, though. I thought they'd touch on a bit more of his reality, though. Like his parents being found dead from carbon monoxide poisoning in 2004.

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yeah, it was what you should expect from him and exactly what you'd expect from him lol. 

I did fast forward a few times during some of the Madonna stuff, just to get past it, though. I thought they'd touch on a bit more of his reality, though. Like his parents being found dead from carbon monoxide poisoning in 2004.

He didn’t seem to like his dad too much 

20 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I’ll bet Madonna fast forwarded through those parts too lol. He waited an awful long time to air those grievances but did so like that wound is still fresh.