Weekly upsets picks

dawkins4prez

The wife is in a Survival League and is asking me who she should pick.

Ugh.

I was thinking of helping her by picking an upset. Cards over the Chiefs? 

2 hours ago, LacesOut said:

Ugh.

Survival I'd go with denver.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LacesOut said:

Ugh.

3 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Ravens

7 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Ravens

Ravens are a team you want to save for later because they are so dependable against teams they should beat.  Denver could be erratic (maybe even under .500) and stuck with a tough schedule but they will annihilate Seattle.

• Like 1

Just now, dawkins4prez said:

Ravens are a team you want to save for later because they are so dependable against teams they should beat.  Denver could be erratic and stuck with a tough schedule but they will annihilate Seattle.

People always do this in survivor pools.  You take the sure thing every week and let other people make mistakes.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

People always do this in survivor pools.  You take the sure thing every week and let other people make mistakes.

I stay away from division games if I can, those can always go either way 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Ravens are a team you want to save for later because they are so dependable against teams they should beat.  Denver could be erratic (maybe even under .500) and stuck with a tough schedule but they will annihilate Seattle.

I think Seattle will have the worst record this season.

• Like 1

I would go with Carolina Panthers, the hatred that Baker Mayfield has for the Cleveland Browns makes me think its a lock.

6 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I stay away from division games if I can, those can always go either way 

I've been bounced from survivor pools so many times by division games. Even the saddest dogs like Houston steal wins from their division opponents.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, downundermike said:

yeah but if you got two teams that are equally sure things, you save one for later.  That's the case here.  You can pretty much just follow Seattle around all year and slay half your survivor picks.  I expect Denver to win by more than Baltimore.

9 hours ago, JournalistMic said:

I think Seattle will have the worst record this season.

Yup. Geno Smith behind one of the worst OLines in the league forced into shootouts by an abysmal pass D.  Throw in a hot mad Wilson looking for vengeance this is the blow out of the week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, JournalistMic said:

I would go with Carolina Panthers, the hatred that Baker Mayfield has for the Cleveland Browns makes me think its a lock.

I wouldn't touch that game in a bet much less survivor.  Browns have got plenty of talent on that roster and Brissett is no chump.  Should be a nail biter.

• Like 1

I'm hoping Atlanta starts off the season by launching the saints to an 0-16 season......😀

And with the first pick in the 2023 NFL draft, the philadelphia eagles are on the clock......

9 hours ago, birdman#12 said:

I'm hoping Atlanta starts off the season by launching the saints to an 0-16 season......😀

And with the first pick in the 2023 NFL draft, the philadelphia eagles are on the clock......

What about the 17th game?

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

What about the 17th game?

Geez, I forgot about that......still stuck in the past I guess.

Yes, 0-17

On 9/8/2022 at 7:06 PM, dawkins4prez said:

She went with the Titans over the Giants.

And the funny thing is she was a Giants fan. Then she started dating me and many years later, she is now an Eagles fan. 😎

On 9/8/2022 at 5:01 PM, LacesOut said:

Yeesh. Glad I didn’t suggest this.

On 9/9/2022 at 9:06 AM, dawkins4prez said:

Did you go with this?

On 9/8/2022 at 7:06 PM, dawkins4prez said:

I took the Colts keeping me at the top of my throne as the WORST survivor pool player ever.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Mat said:

Did you go with this?

Well i don't actually play survivor and I guess I shouldn't start...

Unbelievable what happened last night.  It was like Denver watched Cincy's mistake riddled mess for the ages and said 'hold my Coors".  It was like they watched the Cincy game and used it as film study.  Even before the two fumbles at the 1 yd line and the WTF sequence for the 64yd miss, the defense decided to not show up in 1st half.  GENO frickin' SMITH and that horrible OLine looked like juggernauts against one of the most loaded D's in the league.

Good Grief.  Football man, football.  Thank God Im not a betting man cuz I would have laid the house, the car, my daughter's dog and my own virgin arsehole on Denver last night.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, paco said:

I took the Colts keeping me at the top of my throne as the WORST survivor pool player ever.

Dunno about that. I was in two pools and was eliminated in both after picking San Francisco and Denver. 

• Haha 1

On 9/9/2022 at 8:23 AM, dawkins4prez said:

I wouldn't touch that game in a bet much less survivor.  Browns have got plenty of talent on that roster and Brissett is no chump.  Should be a nail biter.

Week 1 is always the hardest, the most unexpected circumstances seem to occur. Not to mention a few teams surprise people with how much they've improved or fallen since the offseason.

• Like 1