Prescott needs surgery (hand)

pisceschica

1 hour ago, Vee said:

I'm not a fan of McCarthy, but this one is not him.  There's just not enough pieces to make it work.  Dak wasn't good enough when he had the weapons, he's certainly not good enough now.

Talent wise they are Micah Parsons away from being Seattle and Seattle is the worst team in the NFL.  Whatever smattering if talent extra they have over Seattle they lose back because at least Caroll's teams are disciplined.  It's the pieces and it's McCarthy.

2 hours ago, paco said:

ESPN Power Rankings are out

Dallas dropped from 10 to 26  :roll:

Seems a little low, but I'll take it. 

Eagles a bit overrated right now, which I love. Aside from an insanely efficient RPO and AJ Brown, what other part of that team impressed?  

Giants are probably in the right spot. I wouldn't have argued with a spot or two lower. Will be interesting to see what this defense looks like with both starting edge rushers back in the mix. They held up against Henry, which is a surprise with such weak LB play. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Eagles a bit overrated right now, which I love. Aside from an insanely efficient RPO and AJ Brown, what other part of that team impressed?  

Giants are probably in the right spot. I wouldn't have argued with a spot or two lower. Will be interesting to see what this defense looks like with both starting edge rushers back in the mix. They held up against Henry, which is a surprise with such weak LB play. 

I mean it’s hard for anyone else to really impress when the Lions couldn’t stop AJ Brown so they just kept going to him all day. But Goedert is legit. Smith is a top-notch #2, just had no opportunities because Brown was read #1 all day and was pretty much always open. 

Also Sanders had 96 yards on just 13 Carrie’s. 

55 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

I didn't see that coming.  Schmoopie has him in our $ league and is pissed.

Barkley was my DFS flex  :flex: 

35 minutes ago, nipples said:

I mean it’s hard for anyone else to really impress when the Lions couldn’t stop AJ Brown so they just kept going to him all day. But Goedert is legit. Smith is a top-notch #2, just had no opportunities because Brown was read #1 all day and was pretty much always open. 

Also Sanders had 96 yards on just 13 Carrie’s. 

Yea fair enough. AJ is a monster. The Titans are stupid for trading him. That said, Hurts is not great at the "second read" and defenses with eventually double Brown. We'll see how he responds. 

Sanders doesn't impress me. I think I could run for 80 yards behind that OL. Very impressive group. Imagine Barkley behind that line. He'd average 200 a game. 

2 minutes ago, paco said:

I didn't see that coming.  Schmoopie has him in our $ league and is pissed.

Barkley was my DFS flex  :flex: 

Speaking of Barkley, that MOFO is back. Barring any injuries (which of course is always possible and maybe even likely) this could be his best season yet. He's learned how to put his shoulder down and get the dirty yards.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Yea fair enough. AJ is a monster. The Titans are stupid for trading him. That said, Hurts is not great at the "second read" and defenses with eventually double Brown. We'll see how he responds. 

Sanders doesn't impress me. I think I could run for 80 yards behind that OL. Very impressive group. Imagine Barkley behind that line. He'd average 200 a game. 

Speaking of Barkley, that MOFO is back. Barring any injuries (which of course is always possible and maybe even likely) this could be his best season yet. He's learned how to put his shoulder down and get the dirty yards.  

I'm not a huge fan of Sanders but he looked good. He ran the ball with conviction and got some extra yardage a few times when it looked like they had him done. 

5 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Dallas at 26 seems low?

Who else is down below them?

Jets.  Jacksonville?  Carolina?  Houston?  I'm thinking it might be a couple of spots too high.  I wouldn't bet $5 on Dallas if they had to play any of these teams.

2 hours ago, Vee said:

Dallas at 26 seems low?

Jets.  Jacksonville?  Carolina?  Houston?  I'm thinking it might be a couple of spots too high.  I wouldn't bet $5 on Dallas if they had to play any of these teams.

The Giants are below them until we prove otherwise. We’ll see them in 2 weeks. 

23 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Aren't we getting a little bit too excited about Barkley having 1 good game?  The first good game in several years?  I'd like to see him string together a few good games.

18 hours ago, Vee said:

Dallas at 26 seems low?

Right now I wouldn't bet on Cooper Rush to beat any of those teams.  I can't wait until they rush Dak back with a weakened grip strength, already gimpy ankle.

11 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Aren't we getting a little bit too excited about Barkley having 1 good game?  The first good game in several years?  I'd like to see him string together a few good games.

No. He was arguably the best back in the league before the injuries. Plus the Giants have a semi competent OL. It’s fair to get excited about him. The Giants on the other hand are still a rebuilding team. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

No. He was arguably the best back in the league before the injuries. Plus the Giants have a semi competent OL. It’s fair to get excited about him. The Giants on the other hand are still a rebuilding team. 

Really, I don't blame you for getting excited about him.  if I was a Giants fan I would be screaming about him leading the league in rushing.  Barkley had a crazy good game,  9.1 yards per carry last week.  His average last year was 3.7.  I just don't know that's sustainable. 

I'm curious to see how it goes for him.  I mean, as an Eagle fan I'm pretty much sworn to hate the Giants, but not so much that I don't like seeing a good story like Barkely having a bounce back year after being down for so long.