Devin Leary (NC State QB) -- TRANSFERRED TO KENTUCKY

Godfather

On 9/12/2022 at 6:02 AM, Godfather said:

Potential draft pick for the Eagles

Started a thread here on him last year. I still don’t know what to make of him tbh, that week 1 game wasn’t particularly encouraging, seemed to get on track last week though. 

I actually think Shrader from Syracuse has just as good a chance as Leary of climbing the draft boards this year though. Prototypical size, athletic, and his accuracy seems to be drastically improved this year. especially on the deeper throws. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, nipples said:

Started a thread here on him last year. I still don’t know what to make of him tbh, that week 1 game wasn’t particularly encouraging, seemed to get on track last week though. 

I actually think Shrader from Syracuse has just as good a chance as Leary of climbing the draft boards this year though. Prototypical size, athletic, and his accuracy seems to be drastically improved this year. especially on the deeper throws. 

Seems like a few of the top rated guys have had a bad/rough game within the first 2 weeks. Stroud and Leary both bounced back. We will see what Young does this week. Levis has played well. At season end I believe we will be sitting here talking about Leary being a top 15 pick maybe even higher

No QB high in the draft this year. With all their free agent they'll have too many other holes to fill. Hurts will have to play out his last year without a new deal. We'll likely draft a QB in the 4th round to be a backup since we don't have a 5th or 6th. 

On 9/13/2022 at 8:21 PM, nipples said:

Really, all I saw was a guy no taller than Hurts who couldn't hit the broadside of a barn reliably if was running down the sideline, the defense he was up against was almost comedically bad, on his two longest TD's he had a full 5 seconds to release the ball (and one of the worst missed sacks I've ever seen on the 40yarder) and he needed all of them, there's no way he gets that time in the pro's, he'll get levelled.

He'll be mid round at best.

Timber Creek kid , rooting for him but unless he starts tearing it up probably a 4th to 7th round pick

On 9/17/2022 at 7:01 PM, Godfather said:

Imo, he doesn't get out of the 2nd rd. Lot of season left

I'm not quite there yet. I want to be, but I need to see more. I watch their games weekly, mostly because I'm moving to NC in a couple years and want to get to know one of the local teams. I keep waiting for him to take that next big step.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, nipples said:

I'm not quite there yet. I want to be, but I need to see more. I watch their games weekly, mostly because I'm moving to NC in a couple years and want to get to know one of the local teams. I keep waiting for him to take that next big step.

I might be a little over ambitious with him

• Like 1

Didn’t see the game but the stat line looked good. 320 yards with 4 TDs. Of course, it was UConn. Next week will be a bigger test against Clemson. 

Still keeping an eye on Leary but right this minute I’m in on sticking with Hurts. Lots of season left for that to change though. 

10 hours ago, nipples said:

Didn’t see the game but the stat line looked good. 320 yards with 4 TDs. Of course, it was UConn. Next week will be a bigger test against Clemson. 

Still keeping an eye on Leary but right this minute I’m in on sticking with Hurts. Lots of season left for that to change though. 

He should do well against Clemson. Hartman just threw 6 on them

• 1 month later...