Two Days Off

EagleVA

Just now, Texas Eagle said:

Maybe some cliff notes or any context at all? I’m not listening to 3 hours of Silz.

His opening statements speaks on the 2 days off.

They play Monday night… taking an extra day off is reasonable. It just shifts their typical schedule back one day. 

• Like 2

On 9/15/2022 at 7:07 AM, nipples said:

They play Monday night… taking an extra day off is reasonable. It just shifts their typical schedule back one day. 

VA wants all lazy Americans to work 7 days a week no weekends off. He's old school. Like pre labor movement:)

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, judunno said:

VA wants all lazy Americans to work 7 days a week no weekends. He's old school. Like pre labor movement:)

I wonder if sleep is allowed? Or is sleep for the weak?

35 minutes ago, vaff said:

I wonder if sleep is allowed? Or is sleep for the weak?

"We'll get plenty of sleep ... when we're dead!!!"  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, judunno said:

VA wants all lazy Americans to work 7 days a week no weekends. He's old school. Like pre labor movement:)

I am guessing he has a collection of company scrip that he wants to cash in.

Yeah these new Monday games the NFL just installed this year for the first time ever is really weird, teams have never adjusted their schedules for non-Sunday games before.  We're really gonna need some time to adjust to these brand new developments! 

I heard they plan on even doing some Thursday games!

• Haha 3

Doesn't matter. Give them their 2 days off. After all, they were in tip top shape, ready to play, no penalties, tackled well, beat the hell out of a scrub team..... oh, wait...

And some fans condone a soft camp and a soft team. Why, you ask? Because THEY are soft. They are NOT the hard nosed Eagles fans that demand accountability. They don't count. 🤣

4 hours ago, nipples said:

If the team was in in midseason form taking a day off would be reasonable, they had little to no work during preseason and now they're going to double down on no work??

The team is not in midseason form, they're out of shape, they need to get their arses in shape before the any notion of taking a day off pops into anyone's head.  

And the idea of Howie being consulted (leading) the defensive game plan meetings is just crazy, what in the hell does he know about a defensive game plan??

I posted years ago that Howie was an attention seeking/ego maniac and boy was I right!  He need to get his Mr. Peanut Head out of defensive game planning meetings!! Dude is ruining the team!!!

3 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Doesn't matter. Give them their 2 days off. After all, they were in tip top shape, ready to play, no penalties, tackled well, beat the hell out of a scrub team..... oh, wait...

And some fans condone a soft camp and a soft team. Why, you ask? Because THEY are soft. They are NOT the hard nosed Eagles fans that demand accountability. They don't count. 🤣

You know they won, right? This crap is ridiculous. It was week 1. Six teams that made the playoffs last year played teams that missed the playoffs in Week 1 … we were the only team that won.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EagleVA said:

If the team was in in midseason form taking a day off would be reasonable, they had little to no work during preseason and now they're going to double down on no work??

The team is not in midseason form, they're out of shape, they need to get their arses in shape before the any notion of taking a day off pops into anyone's head.  

And the idea of Howie being consulted (leading) the defensive game plan meetings is just crazy, what in the hell does he know about a defensive game plan??

I posted years ago that Howie was an attention seeking/ego maniac and boy was I right!  He need to get his Mr. Peanut Head out of defensive game planning meetings!! Dude is ruining the team!!!

Yeah, and they also have a much smaller injury list than the vast majority of the league. That tends to happen when you aren’t constantly beating the crap out of your own players. 

Everyone ****ing about the light practices is going to be thankful when november roles around and this team is far healthier than their oppponents. 

1 hour ago, vaff said:

You know they won, right? This crap is ridiculous. It was week 1. Six teams that made the playoffs last year played teams that missed the playoffs in Week 1 … we were the only team that won.

THEY WON???? I didn't know that- thanks for breakin the news to me!!! 

5 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Are you normally this dense, or is today just a particularly bad day for you?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, nipples said:

Yeah, and they also have a much smaller injury list than the vast majority of the league. That tends to happen when you aren’t constantly beating the crap out of your own players. 

Everyone ****ing about the light practices is going to be thankful when november roles around and this team is far healthier than their oppponents. 

Let's see the record when November rolls around, currently they're out of shape and lucky to have the easiest part of their schedule early.

The Eagles are reworking the entrances and exits to their practice facility so that the players will have to walk uphill both ways.

5f66079b-1746-4a37-8c7b-b39878e9e372_tex

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, SkippyX said:

The Eagles are reworking the entrances and exits to their practice facility so that the players will have to walk uphill both ways.

5f66079b-1746-4a37-8c7b-b39878e9e372_tex

Remember when Chip required the players to not walk on the grass and wear their socks a certain way?  Ha ha good times.

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

The Colts got shut out by the Jags. So much for Doug being a spectator to the great Frank Reich. 😂

I still say Reich gets way to much credit for that super bowl. The fans have been sick of Reich for 2 years now

On 9/15/2022 at 12:01 AM, EagleVA said:

The Eagles are turning into a joke, listen to Dan Sileo tell it like it is.

Dan Sileo is the guy who said the Eagles were signing Clowney last season and the Sixers were on the cusp of trading for Kevin Durant.  So his credibility is impeccable…

Sileo aside (he has said a ton of nonsense), I'm not a fan of the light practices in general.   This team doesn't look prepared often under Sirriani. Even last year the start of each game I wondered most times if they put together a game plan at all. Obviously I'm hoping for better tonight

23 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I still say Reich gets way to much credit for that super bowl. The fans have been sick of Reich for 2 years now

Personally I think Pederson, Reich, and DeFillipo are a perfect example of the sum of the whole being greater than the individual parts. Add in Stoutland, and Mike Groh as the receivers coach, and our staff was well aligned in 2017. Howie, to his credit also hit it out of the park that year. Stars just aligned that season. 

• Like 2

I honestly do not like the way Nick has run his Training Camp. The camp Cupcake treatment leaves them; although healthy, unprepared for the season in terms of conditioning and hitting. The Eagles do not do enough man on man hitting. I want them healthy. I want them sound and impactful too.