Slay Injury

st0n3r

Towards the last interception you could see Slay appeared injured and the commentators mentioned it as well. Has there been any word on his status or his injury? Hopefully he just tweaked something that will be fine in a few days.

We have needed that type of secondary play for awhile. Lito and Sheldon are the last tandem of backs that made our secondary great, so hopefully this current setup can carry us defensively for a change.

looked like he landed on his hip while trying to intercept the first pass in the end zone.......hopefully nothing serious, maybe a hip pointer.....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

He went to the blue tent to take a piss.  He said he was fine.  

I thought AJ was the one who said he went to the tent to piss.

41 minutes ago, st0n3r said:

Towards the last interception you could see Slay appeared injured and the commentators mentioned it as well. Has there been any word on his status or his injury? Hopefully he just tweaked something that will be fine in a few days.

We have needed that type of secondary play for awhile. Lito and Sheldon are the last tandem of backs that made our secondary great, so hopefully this current setup can carry us defensively for a change.

He was dinged up. McPhearson actually came to replace him but Slay waived him off

25 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

Slay said he's a tough guy and will be ready on Sunday.

No way in hell he's going to miss the 2 picks from Wentz.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, judunno said:

No way in hell he's going to miss the 2 picks from Wentz.

Only 2???;)

• Like 1

His nuts are so big that his back started getting tired of carrying them around

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

He was dinged up. McPhearson actually came to replace him but Slay waived him off

McPherson did replace him on the next set of downs.   I suspect it’s not serious because if it was, we would know by now. 

I’m convinced He faked being banged up to bait Cousins into going at him again and it worked because he immediately intercepted the ball on the next play. Veteran move!  

Zach McPherson has been flashing especially on special teams but he did have a excellent pass break up on Justin Jefferson late in the game. Honestly I don’t think Slay should play if it’s a hip pointer. Let him rest because Carson is bound to throw 3-4 interceptions and get sacked 5 times. Let the young pup show what he has and get some real experience on the outside 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SlimReaper4Six said:

Zach McPherson has been flashing especially on special teams but he did have a excellent pass break up on Justin Jefferson late in the game. Honestly I don’t think Slay should play if it’s a hip pointer. Let him rest because Carson is bound to throw 3-4 interceptions and get sacked 5 times. Let the young pup show what he has and get some real experience on the outside 

And if he's not hurt, ok to play?

6 hours ago, downundermike said:

I thought AJ was the one who said he went to the tent to piss.

maybe they went together to cross streams.

23 minutes ago, Procus said:

And if he's not hurt, ok to play?

I have had hip pointers and they are extremely painful. Let slay decide yes or no. However I do want to see McPherson get some more playing time because   Bradberry and Slay both need extensions and if Hurts gets paid idk if we can afford both. Slay said Zech was the most improved player in TC and I want to see it 

41 minutes ago, SlimReaper4Six said:

I have had hip pointers and they are extremely painful. Let slay decide yes or no. However I do want to see McPherson get some more playing time because   Bradberry and Slay both need extensions and if Hurts gets paid idk if we can afford both. Slay said Zech was the most improved player in TC and I want to see it 

Who said he had a hip pointer?  Some guy on the boards here who was guessing?

8 hours ago, Procus said:

Who said he had a hip pointer?  Some guy on the boards here who was guessing?

Yep! lmao

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm pretty sure he stayed on the field even after limping didn't he?

He did stay on, initially. Then he was off for the final series, and McPhearson replaced him. almost had a pic, dropped it. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

He did stay on, initially. Then he was off for the final series, and McPhearson replaced him. almost had a pic, dropped it. 

Yeah I thought that's what happened. I figured they pulled him because they knew the game was over at that point and no need to risk him. 

On 9/20/2022 at 6:30 PM, DBW said:

I’m convinced He faked being banged up to bait Cousins into going at him again and it worked because he immediately intercepted the ball on the next play. Veteran move!  

He learned from the great Jim Brown!