Mediocre Fantasy QBs thread

toolg

2 minutes ago, Gannan said:

He salvaged a bad game with a garbage time TD. 17 points out of a starting QB is good enough in this season of bad QB play.

Gonna keep riding with Brady, will need a bye week replacement, hopefully he gets it turned around by fantasy playoff time.  My options are, and then there is Desaun Watson coming back from suspension, sucks its not in time for Brady's bye week.

image.png.d6fce646f6c7f59ae0975a8c3764f7f2.png

3 hours ago, downundermike said:

Gonna keep riding with Brady, will need a bye week replacement, hopefully he gets it turned around by fantasy playoff time.  My options are, and then there is Desaun Watson coming back from suspension, sucks its not in time for Brady's bye week.

image.png.d6fce646f6c7f59ae0975a8c3764f7f2.png

I have Dak to play when Brady is on bye, but I don’t really know what Dak is yet. Probably a bette option than what is available on waivers.

4 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

rodgers....lions d is really bad. 

3 minutes ago, toolg said:

So is the Raiders D. :lol:

Lions last in yards and points allowed, 2nd to last in turnovers.

• 1 month later...

Which QB should I target/add from waivers? Goff, Mike White, or Huntley?

I might need a spot starter if Trevor Lawrence can't play this week. 

• 2 weeks later...

Who do I start this week: Trevor Lawrence @Jets on Thursday, Daniel Jones in Minnesota, Jared Goff in Carolina, or Aaron Rodgers in Miami on Sunday?

1 hour ago, toolg said:

Who do I start this week: Trevor Lawrence @Jets on Thursday, Daniel Jones in Minnesota, Jared Goff in Carolina, or Aaron Rodgers in Miami on Sunday?

Minshew-fan GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

2 minutes ago, toolg said:

I left him out, but he's really not out of the question.  :crazy: :lol:

I am playing the Hurts owner this week, who has no other QB on his roster.  I have a higher waiver claim than him, so I put my claim in on Minshew.  Hoping that one of the 8 in front of me claim him though.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I am playing the Hurts owner this week, who has no other QB on his roster.  I have a higher waiver claim than him, so I put my claim in on Minshew.  Hoping that one of the 8 in front of me claim him though.

let your opponent have him. :lol: i'd be okay going against minshew playing at dallas in the fantasy playoffs. hell, i'd welcome it! 

Just now, downundermike said:

There is an unwritten rule in the league I'm in that eliminated teams can't make waiver claims. It would never happen! 

Just now, mr_hunt said:

let your opponent have him. :lol: i'd be okay going against minshew playing at dallas in the fantasy playoffs. hell, i'd welcome it! 

He also has AJ Brown, and the other QB options suck.  

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

He also has AJ Brown, and the other QB options suck.  

huge downgrade for aj with minshew at qb...so that should help you.  i have a feeling minchew will be running for his life this week. 

3 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

huge downgrade for aj with minshew at qb...so that should help you.  i have a feeling minchew will be running for his life this week. 

Cowboys defense is beat up, Vander Esch is out. I think the Eagles line can handle them. Can Minshew take care of the ball? 

14 hours ago, toolg said:

Definitely Lawrence.  He has been in that second tier with Justin Fields, Herbert, and Goff, but Goff isn't as good on the road.  I personally wouldn't touch Jones or Rodgers at all.

I think QBs are severely underrated in fantasy football.  If you don't get Mahomes, Allen, Hurts, or Burrow as a QB, you are at a disadvantage.

• Like 1

By the way, a lot of Hurts' points come from running, which Minshew wouldn't do, so expect an automatic drop in points even with the same offense if Minshew plays.

I am leaning Jones because he runs with the ball and it seems the Vikings give up gobs of points lately. On a neutral field Lawrence is better. But he is facing a tougher Jets defense with a sore toe. I am not convinced he is matchup-proof yet.

On 12/21/2022 at 12:01 AM, xzmattzx said:

I think QBs are severely underrated in fantasy football.  If you don't get Mahomes, Allen, Hurts, or Burrow as a QB, you are at a disadvantage.

Yes. At least for this year, you are at a disadvantage if you didn't get a top 4 QB. I am feeling it. In years past, it seemed like any of the top 10-12 QBs scored pretty close. So you didn't have to give up a premium draft pick at QB. This year I loaded up at RB and WR instead. I am stacked in those positions but I give up the advantage by starting a lousy QB each week. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

22 hours ago, toolg said:

Cowboys defense is beat up, Vander Esch is out. I think the Eagles line can handle them. Can Minshew take care of the ball? 

Well, no one else put in the claim, so my opponent in the semis is now starting Sam Darnold against me as I got Minshew.

14 hours ago, xzmattzx said:

Definitely Lawrence.  He has been in that second tier with Justin Fields, Herbert, and Goff, but Goff isn't as good on the road.  I personally wouldn't touch Jones or Rodgers at all.

Im in an 8 man. There used to be about 10 good QBs every year and not much difference between them. This year has been very different. There's a huge drop off after the top 4. Fields came on like gang busters midway through the season to make it closer between 4and 5. In my league scoring Hurts and Allen are at 27 ppg. Mahomes is right behind at 26. Then there's Burrrow at 24 ppg. Fields is at 22. After that good luck. Next year I'm making QB more of a priority. I prioritized RB too much this year. I have RB 1 and RB 3 on the season but still.