In light of Ian, would you move Jaguars-Eagles to Sunday Night Football?

Wallyhorse

Moving Jaguars-Eagles to SNF  

27 members have voted

1. 1. In light of Hurricane Ian, would you move Jaguars-Eagles to Sunday Night Football on NBC and Chiefs-Buccaneers (the scheduled SNF game) to a 7:00 PM Monday game on ESPN/ABC (with Rams-49ers moved from 8:15 to 10:30 PM ET, also on ESPN/ABC)

• Yes
    • No

Given what is going on in Tampa with Hurricane Ian:

Instead of moving Chiefs-Bucs to Minneapolis unless the game can't be played by Monday night, assuming if an extra day is needed to get everything in order to have it on Sunday Night Football, would you move Jaguars-Eagles into the Sunday Night Football slot on NBC while creating a Monday Night Doubleheader on ESPN/ABC with Chiefs-Bucs becoming the early game at 7:00 PM and Rams-49ers, the scheduled MNF game on ESPN moved from 8:15 to 10:30 PM ET and also on ESPN/ABC (one game in this case would air on ABC depending on region).  It just happens we have a west coast game on MNF this week and the NFL could get away with doing this since Eagles-Jags is a 1:00 PM game and I'd be looking to avoid having to move Chiefs-Jaguars to Minneapolis (where it would move to) at all costs even if I have to make such changes. 

From what I've been seeing, Jacksonville isn't going to get hit, so moving the game to Sunday night makes no sense.

3 minutes ago, Procus said:

From what I've been seeing, Jacksonville isn't going to get hit, so moving the game to Sunday night makes no sense.

Jacksonville is playing HERE against the Eagles.  It's TAMPA that is taking the direct hit.  I just think it'd be better for everyone involved if you moved Jags-Eagles to SNF and Chiefs-Bucs (scheduled SNF game) to what would become the first half of a Monday Night Football doubleheader on ESPN/ABC. 

10 minutes ago, Procus said:

The Sunday night game is getting hit is the point. We’d be the replacement game

10 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

Jacksonville is playing HERE against the Eagles.  It's TAMPA that is taking the direct hit.  I just think it'd be better for everyone involved if you moved Jags-Eagles to SNF and Chiefs-Bucs (scheduled SNF game) to what would become the first half of a Monday Night Football doubleheader on ESPN/ABC. 

Actually, Tampa is being spared for the most part, and the latest news is looking much better for Jacksonville.

27 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

Given what is going on in Tampa with Hurricane Ian:

Instead of moving Chiefs-Bucs to Minneapolis unless the game can't be played by Monday night, assuming if an extra day is needed to get everything in order to have it on Sunday Night Football, would you move Jaguars-Eagles into the Sunday Night Football slot on NBC while creating a Monday Night Doubleheader on ESPN/ABC with Chiefs-Bucs becoming the early game at 7:00 PM and Rams-49ers, the scheduled MNF game on ESPN moved from 8:15 to 10:30 PM ET and also on ESPN/ABC (one game in this case would air on ABC depending on region).  It just happens we have a west coast game on MNF this week and the NFL could get away with doing this since Eagles-Jags is a 1:00 PM game and I'd be looking to avoid having to move Chiefs-Jaguars to Minneapolis (where it would move to) at all costs even if I have to make such changes. 

Have you consulted all local law makers, the NCAA, and checked area hotels to make sure there are no dungeon and dragons conventions in town ??

14 minutes ago, Procus said:

Actually, Tampa is being spared for the most part, and the latest news is looking much better for Jacksonville.

The game is in Philadelphia, what happens in Jacksonville isn’t a concern as per the thread

• Like 3

No I'd like to see ravens-bills get moved because that's going to be a hell of a game

• Like 1

16 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

No thanks... 6pm is late enough for me. 

I used to love the Sunday night and Monday night games, not so much anymore, give me 1 and 4pm Sunday games all yr long

• Like 1

Hey Wally, how about a compromise? What if we keep the game at 1PM, but we delay kickoff 5 minutes while they light the tree at Rockafeller Center?

8 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Hey Wally, how about a compromise? What if we keep the game at 1PM, but we delay kickoff 5 minutes while they light the tree at Rockafeller Center?

As long as the game is over before 60 min

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

NFL should move the game to Gillette Stadium in NE.  Patriots play in Green Bay so the stadium is open and available. 

It gives those Patriots fans one last time to see the GOAT in person so you know you will have a packed stadium rooting for the "home" team Bucs especially since they are going against their in conference Chiefs.  

Much better option than moving to Minneapolis where it will be a half empty stadium of apathetic fans who will be rooting for the Chiefs if anything. 

I'd prefer the Eagles play no night games at all except postseason - a 10.30pm finish is quite late enough, thank you

21 hours ago, Procus said:

21 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

21 hours ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

The Sunday night game is getting hit is the point. We’d be the replacement game

21 hours ago, Procus said:

:roll:

Given that the game is in Philly and the hurricane is hitting Florida, it would only make sense to change the time of the game if they also move the entire season to next year due to the war in Ukraine. 

I don't need a weather-related reason.  When it's the early game, I can't watch.  Sunday night games are easy for me.

It won't happen, but I'd take it.

BTW - I knew a guy named Ian when I was in college.  He was a funny critter.  I wonder whatever happened with him.

2 hours ago, olsilverhair said:

I used to love the Sunday night and Monday night games, not so much anymore, give me 1 and 4pm Sunday games all yr long

Do those night games interfere with your senior citizen massage and pickle tickle sessions?  

• Haha 1