Eagles Start Work Week with Lengthy But Manageable Injury Report

Procus

https://www.si.com/nfl/eagles/news/eagles-start-work-week-with-lengthy-but-manageable-injury-report

Eagles Start Work Week with Lengthy But Manageable Injury Report

The Eagles injury report was 13 deep on Wednesday but there's no need for alarm

PHILADELPHIA - The Eagles were without star receiver A.J. Brown and Pro Bowl cornerback Darius Slay as preparation for the return of Doug Pederson and the improved Jacksonville Jaguars ramped on Wednesday

Brown, who is expecting the birth of his second child this fall, was not in attendance due to personal reasons while Slay was sidelined with a back injury that isn't believed to be too serious because the CB1 was on the field and shadowing the rest of the defensive backs when they ran through individual drills.

Starting left guard Landon Dickerson (foot) also didn't participate but was on the field taking mental reps with the rest of the offensive linemen. The second-year player was added to the injury report last Friday with that designation but played in the 24-8 win over Washington. 

However, he missed 11 of the offensive snaps in favor of backup Sua Opeta.

Also missing practice Wednesday due to injury was running back Boston Scott (rib).

Players who were limited in practice due to injury were RB Miles Sanders (hip), receiver DeVonta Smith (back), and defensive tackle Milton Williams (knee).

Both Sanders and Williams were spotted in the locker room and seemed fine while Smith injured himself on a great 44-yard reception on Sunday against the Commanders when he knocked the wind out of himself falling flat on his back.

The fact that all three got on the field in a limited fashion is a positive sign that each is on track to play against the Jaguars.

The Eagles also continued what is expected to be a season-long maintenance plan for veteran players and younger ones with troubling injury histories. 

Working in a limited fashion while given the designation of "rest" Wednesday were DT Fletcher Cox, edge rusher Brandon Graham, the reigning NFC Defensive Player of the Week, right tackle Lane Johnson, right guard Isaac Seumalo, and edge rusher Josh Sweat.

I don't think at this point there's anything to worry about for this week. But I guess if any of those guys are not healthy then they could get hurt during the game. I think that's the biggest worry right?

I don't see the concern with limiting participation for some of the older players during occasional "rest" days - I think the criticism over his soft camps is overblown and unwarranted (clearly they are doing something right if we sit here at 3-0).  I also think it is better to err on the side of caution with those players with minor injuries (e.g. Dickerson) and limiting them as well ... better to give them rest to recover and be closer to 100% on game day.  

My biggest worry is Dickerson. He had a foot issue in training camp also. If this is a chronic thing that will linger throughout the season it could be an issue. Where's Big V when you need him. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rob331 said:

My biggest worry is Dickerson. He had a foot issue in training camp also. If this is a chronic thing that will linger throughout the season it could be an issue. Where's Big V when you need him. 

Well and of course we know Dickerson had injury issues in college. Last year he stayed relatively healthy but during college he had a lot of injuries. In fact wasn't he injured when we drafted him?

20 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

In fact wasn't he injured when we drafted him?

You're right - he was coming off a knee

The injury reports around the league are pretty much the same........ a lot of aches and pains...nicks and dings......

Teams rest guys and they get treatment all week......sometimes they miss a game or have their play limited.......it's a long season.....

Dickerson will always be an injury concern - it was known when we drafted him. I wanted injury free, Creed Humprey, later in the second who became an immediate all pro in his rookie year for KC and is considered one of the best draft picks in recent years. 

11 minutes ago, eggs said:

Dickerson will always be an injury concern - it was known when we drafted him. I wanted injury free, Creed Humprey, later in the second who became an immediate all pro in his rookie year for KC and is considered one of the best draft picks in recent years. 

You do realize that Humprey is a center and does not fit the mold that the Eagles look for in their centers