Lane Johnson Injury

wrestlevessel

1 minute ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Said concussion last night. Post Tua league is taking 0 chances w those

Yeah if the Tua situation didn't happen I think he would have been back in... I didn't see the play it happened but he didn't look bad when they showed him walking... My guess is he is back for the Pittsburgh game but we'll see... Concussions are being scrutinized more now than ever 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aspiritfall said:

Yeah if the Tua situation didn't happen I think he would have been back in... I didn't see the play it happened but he didn't look bad when they showed him walking... My guess is he is back for the Pittsburgh game but we'll see... Concussions are being scrutinized more now than ever 

Seemed ok but we have no idea watching on TV if he's fit to return to the game so better to go cautious. Good timing for the bye

• Like 1

As long as he passes protocols he should be fine. I expect to see him against the Steelers. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

As long as he passes protocols he should be fine. I expect to see him against the Steelers. 

Especially since it's two weeks away. 

• Like 2

He's got 2 weeks to rest up and recover so I'm pretty sure he'll be ready to go against the Steelers. If we had a game this week I would be more concerned but I think he'll be fine. 

• Like 2

I read an article recently about Lane and it said this was his third concussion. Makes one wonder how long will Lane continue to go. I hope he doesn’t leave at the end of the year, but if he and Kelce win another bowl what more do they along with Graham and Cox need to accomplish? 

Because of the Tua incident, I'm expecting a lot more players to be pulled from games going forward.  

6 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

He got Tua'd I think. It's going to happen often now. Thanks Dolphins. 

The way the Dolphins handled that situation was pathetic. If I were him I wouldn’t want a contract to stay there. 

• Like 2

I'm not so sure this is a small thing.  It's his 3rd (official) concussion in 5 seasons.  Brain trauma is no joke anymore.  I think this is the story you're referring to. 

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/philadelphia-eagles-lane-johnson-concussion-cte-20221017.html

9 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I read an article recently about Lane and it said this was his third concussion. Makes one wonder how long will Lane continue to go. I hope he doesn’t leave at the end of the year, but if he and Kelce win another bowl what more do they along with Graham and Cox need to accomplish? 

15 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

I'm not so sure this is a small thing.  It's his 3rd (official) concussion in 5 seasons.  Brain trauma is no joke anymore.  I think this is the story you're referring to. 

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/philadelphia-eagles-lane-johnson-concussion-cte-20221017.html

Yeah I agree. Concussions are not a joke. He’s basically already done it all so if he wants to retire after this he’s earned it. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yeah I agree. Concussions are not a joke. He’s basically already done it all so if he wants to retire after this he’s earned it. 

Agreed.  He's a warrior and the team is as good as it's been in his career, but he's made almost $100 million in his career and wants to be healthy enough to enjoy it.  

From a pure football standpoint, however, he's borderline irreplicable.  If he's out for a while do you move Mailata to RT and put Dillard at LT?  I would hate to do that but I'm not sold on Driscoll yet. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

They need to think like Tom Brady. What more do they need? Multiple more Super Bowls wins....

11 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

More bank and a legacy.

27 minutes ago, mihailo said:

More bank and a legacy.

Not worth being turned into a jello-brain.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

He might not even have a concussion. He might have gotten the Tua protocol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ilikepargo said:

Not worth being turned into a jello-brain.

If I was an NFL player and had the talent to play a lengthy career, I think I would retire after my second contract. You don’t really make enough money to retire after your rookie deal.

2 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

He might not even have a concussion. He might have gotten the Tua protocol. 

I haven’t heard anything other than he was out with a concussion. My guess is he had a concussion. Kelce had a moment after Tua where he was forced off the field with supposed concussion protocol, because his helmet came off. He was let back in the game. I don’t think Lane is faking it nor do I think he’s being held out if he didn’t have one. 

1 hour ago, vaff said:

If I was an NFL player and had the talent to play a lengthy career, I think I would retire after my second contract. You don’t really make enough money to retire after your rookie deal.

Lane has made plenty of money and has already won a SB. If he wins another one this year his legacy is cemented and he’s probably a first ballot guy. 

7 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Lane has made plenty of money and has already won a SB. If he wins another one this year his legacy is cemented and he’s probably a first ballot guy. 

He only has 1 1st team all pro one 2nd team and 3 pro bowls. Plus the PED suspension. He isn't touching 1st ballot. 

21 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

He only has 1 1st team all pro one 2nd team and 3 pro bowls. Plus the PED suspension. He isn't touching 1st ballot. 

Man Lane hasn’t even given up a sack since 2020 though he has missed some time too. Okay maybe not 1st ballot, but he’s been one of the best if not the best RT in the league for sometime now. Two SB rings with the same team really puts a nice ring on it so to speak. 

18 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Man Lane hasn’t even given up a sack since 2020 though he has missed some time too. Okay maybe not 1st ballot, but he’s been one of the best if not the best RT in the league for sometime now. Two SB rings with the same team really puts a nice ring on it so to speak. 

It was said that o lineman need at least 4 1st team all pros to get in because there is no lineman in with less than that. That's why everyone was pumped that kelce got his 4th last year to help him get in. Lane has missed time and has had struggles the last few years. I just don't see it. I think he belongs in the hall of very good.