Eagles win total projection - revised

Hawkeye

The Eagles over/under win totals preseason was around 9 (8.5 to 9.5 depending on your book). The Athletic posted a story yesterday based on 100,000 game simulations and the new projection is almost 14 (13.6)!  They also have a 99.7% chance to make the playoffs - tied with the Bills - and a 14.4% chance to win the Super Bowl (Buffalo is 16.1).

The point is, from a sports wagering perspective, all of us who took the Eagles to win the division, the conference, the Super Bowl or more than 9 games are in a great spot a third of the way through the season.  So check those open bets folks.  And don't cash out!

Edit:  adding link, although you might need a subscription to access the article.

https://theathletic.com/3709342/2022/10/19/nfl-super-bowl-odds-playoff-chances

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.5b0c222cd19562fa4497aae0646ea364.png

Which team is going to beat the Eagles left on the schedule (if the Eagles remain healthy overall)?
I mean the Steelers 2-4 with negative 49 points and a rookie QB starting?

Probably not the 1-3-1 Houston Texans, we saw what the Eagles did to the 2-4 Commanders the first time, maybe the 3-2-1 colts if the Eagles don't find a better way to stop the run but just keep Jordan Davis in and that will probably solve the problem. Maybe the 3-3 Packers if by that time they fix their problems can never really count Rodgers out.

The 3-2 titans maybe because of the run game I mentioned earlier with Colts. Had you asked at the start of the season I think most fans would've had the Eagles easily sweeping the NY Giants (5-1) but again Eagles need to really focus on stopping the run.  The 2-4 bears don't scare us, either do the saints.. and Cowboys & Giants you just never know.. but NFC East games aside I really think the Eagles have a good chance of going undefeated.

• Like 1

I saw an article (I forget where), that predicted 16-1, with the one loss being to the Giants in week 17, and only because we'd have nothing to play for at that point and would rest everyone. 

If we're 16-0 going into week 17, there's something to play for. Would that 'something' be a strong enough incentive for them to play full tilt? Undefeated is a pretty big incentive. 

4 hours ago, JournalistMic said:

image.thumb.png.5b0c222cd19562fa4497aae0646ea364.png

Which team is going to beat the Eagles left on the schedule (if the Eagles remain healthy overall)?
I mean the Steelers 2-4 with negative 49 points and a rookie QB starting?

Probably not the 1-3-1 Houston Texans, we saw what the Eagles did to the 2-4 Commanders the first time, maybe the 3-2-1 colts if the Eagles don't find a better way to stop the run but just keep Jordan Davis in and that will probably solve the problem. Maybe the 3-3 Packers if by that time they fix their problems can never really count Rodgers out.

The 3-2 titans maybe because of the run game I mentioned earlier with Colts. Had you asked at the start of the season I think most fans would've had the Eagles easily sweeping the NY Giants (5-1) but again Eagles need to really focus on stopping the run.  The 2-4 bears don't scare us, either do the saints.. and Cowboys & Giants you just never know.. but NFC East games aside I really think the Eagles have a good chance of going undefeated.

Who would have thought at the beginning of the season if the Eagles swept the East it would be a major accomplishment? I certainly didn’t, but the Giants are a lot better than any of us thought they would be so far. Rodgers and the Packers can always be a challenge especially in the regular season. The Titans are a concern with their ability to run. Matt Ryan always gets up to play the Eagles and we all know the connections between the coaching staffs. Of course there’s the Giants waiting too. If the Eagles run this gauntlet and considering how bad/mediocre the NFC has been as a whole the Eagles could potentially have the entire NFC locked up by the next Cowboys game. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I saw an article (I forget where), that predicted 16-1, with the one loss being to the Giants in week 17, and only because we'd have nothing to play for at that point and would rest everyone. 

If we're 16-0 going into week 17, there's something to play for. Would that 'something' be a strong enough incentive for them to play full tilt? Undefeated is a pretty big incentive. 

I believe Sirianni has already shown he’s willing to shut things down. This organization has already shown that health is more important than winning insignificant games. Frankly I think they will go into preseason mode once they lock things up. You probably see the starters start some games and get out of there quickly. This team believes that health is what matters most and so far they have been right. On top of that we have a quarterback who get hit often, an a running back with an injury history. As soon as the Eagles lock up the NFC they’re going to power down and gear up for the playoffs. 

• Like 1

Good news is if the Eagles lock things up by the Bears game that could give some of these younger players (like Nakobe Dean) some valuable NFL experience for a few weeks. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Good news is if the Eagles lock things up by the Bears game that could give some of these younger players (like Nakobe Dean) some valuable NFL experience for a few weeks. 

Queue the " we need to lose there is to much hype around this team" dopes. Or we have to lose so we don't flame out later in the season! Lol.

I don't see Hurts or Sirianni letting the winning get to their heads. They don't seem content with where the team is at right now which is great. Hurts actually looks pissed off at the end of every game because he feels it still wasn't good enough. 

I have noticed that about Hurts as well. In small doses, it's a positive - but I worry that if he continues to put so much pressure on himself it might affect his confidence a little. But that's just me and I'm probably overly sensitive.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, kiwinavega said:

I have noticed that about Hurts as well. In small doses, it's a positive - but I worry that if he continues to put so much pressure on himself it might affect his confidence a little. But that's just me and I'm probably overly sensitive.

A TRUE EAGLES OLD GENERTION FAN RIGHT THERE. Our coat of arms should be the eagles logo with one shoe on the ground and the other  in the air waiting to drop. 

• Haha 1

I don't see more than 2 losses on the schedule.  But as Buddy Ryan used to say, "it's a short trip from the penthouse to the outhouse."

• Like 1

Any given Sunday. Would love to see them go undefeated but they’ll likely lose a few. At this point I’ll say it’s the Packers that ruin the streak.

• Sad 1

They will lose around 3 or 4 games. 

It’s nice to already have the 6 wins banked though.

Hell, go 6 - 5 the rest of the season and they finish 12 - 5, which may be a #2 seed or a #3 seed.  I am NOT saying that they will lose 5 games. But the NFL is funny.