If you can do it over, would you have drafted Devonta?

opa-opa

18 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

Why stop there? Go back a few more decades and build a super dynasty, the likes of which this planet has never seen!

The point, is we knew JJAWful and Reagor were bad picks when they were made.  Even just picking Jefferson, they would not had to have kept chasing WR and could have used those resources elsewhere.

Jefferson and Parsons is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Devonta Smith

10 hours ago, GroundAttack said:

ooff. don't know if you're being sarcastic or not but let's slow down with that. I know you said eventually but kid has a long way to go.

just witness the talent.

10 hours ago, downundermike said:

The point, is we knew JJAWful and Reagor were bad picks when they were made.  Even just picking Jefferson, they would not had to have kept chasing WR and could have used those resources elsewhere.

Jefferson and Parsons is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Devonta Smith

So if the Eagles weren’t taking Smith the Cowboys aren’t trading with them. There really isn’t a clear shot to Parsons for the Eagles. Was he on the board at that moment? Yes. Would the Cowboys have traded with the Eagles or the Giants if they knew the were after a linebacker? Nope. People need to let this go. 

I would still take him. I just want Hurts to continue to go through his progressions and get him the ball more. 2 targets last night is not enough for our No. 2, #1 WR. Last night clearly was a Goedert advantage against the TXns D.

Its an interesting scenario to think through but no I don't think so. This defense is very good and makes plays. And this offense is such a machine because of the weapons they have. Smith is a huge part of that and this offense is absolutely not as good without him. 

17 hours ago, downundermike said:

If I could do it all over, the Eagles would have Metcalf, Jefferson and would have drafted Micah Parson instead of Devonta.

Then I would have drafted Trevon Walker and Tariq Woolen with the picks used to acquire AJ Brown.

So ... I'm guessing the Metcalf  and Jefferson picks wouldn't have worked out for us since we still would have had at least the 10th pick in the 2021 draft. Where did these extra picks in 2022 come from in your perfect world?