Weekly line thread: Eagles - 10.5 vs. Commanders

Hawkeye

Another week, another double-digit point spread.  This time, the Commanders roll into town without Carson Wentz, who - go figure - is injured.  As any Eagles fan knows, that could be a good thing for Washington as they're playing noticeably better with undrafted Taylor Heinicke under center and came close to upsetting (+3 at home) the Vikings yesterday but settled for the push.  Washington is 4-4-1 ATS while the Eagles are 5-3.  

This stretch of the Eagles schedule is an odd one:  14 days off for the bye, then 2 games in 4 days, then 10 days off before the prime time game Monday night.  

Spread: Eagles -10.5
Total: 44.5
Moneyline: Eagles - 500/Commanders +375

50 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

Eagles 31

Commandos: 20

Replay of the Mike Vick game in 2010? That was fun lol

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Lebron cigarette  |  TAYLOR HEINICKE, TIM HEINICKE, TRON HEINICKE, DON'T MATTER; EAGLES WINNING | image tagged in lebron cigarette | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

Money line, step line, drum line, hair line, Birds ftw

• Haha 1

NFC East game........eagles rolling and washington trying to save their season.

Seen so many NFC East games where the prediction seemed so easy, yet it was a nail biter or crazy finish.

With that being said.....not this time:

Eagles 34  foreskins 16

Normally I'd be a little worried about this one but we are catching them at a good time with all the off field controversy hitting this team in the past week.  Has to be a major distraction for everyone in that building. 

3 hours ago, weko said:

Take Washington and all those points.  They love playing for Heinicke

Defense has been quietly hot for a month or so, I also think Commanders with the points is an excellent play.

It's not foreskins or Commanders, it's Commode Doors... get it right! :smoke:

That whole place is a toilet...:lol:

4 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Defense has been quietly hot for a month or so, I also think Commanders with the points is an excellent play.

If I were playing Washington, I'd consider a same-game 6-point teaser with the Commanders +16.5/under 50.5. 

7 hours ago, weko said:

Take Washington and all those points.  They love playing for Heinicke

we stink and don't have a QB and haven't played a complete game yet take all them points and fly with the Eagles...BUT that terrible Commanders team might keep it close BET at your own risk...

On 11/7/2022 at 1:31 PM, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Replay of the Mike Vick game in 2010? That was fun lol

Which game was worse for the Washington Redskins/Commanders?

1.) MNF - 15NOV2010 Michael Vick 59 to 28 humiliation game.

2.)  MNF- 12NOV1990  - Body Bag game 28-14 but all the Redskins QBs were injured in the game and their HB had to throw.

3.) Some other game you state, so many to pick from...

23 minutes ago, JournalistMic said:

Which game was worse for the Washington Redskins/Commanders?

1.) MNF - 15NOV2010 Michael Vick 59 to 28 humiliation game.

2.)  MNF- 12NOV1990  - Body Bag game 28-14 but all the Redskins QBs were injured in the game and their HB had to throw.

3.) Some other game you state, so many to pick from...

Being that I was all of 4 days old for the 1990 game I'm gonna go w 2010 😂😂😅😅

• Like 1

Hopefully Texans playing us close wakes the Eagles up a bit to not overlook this. I think Washington plays better with Heinicke, good enough to at least cover. I like their odds with him more than Wentz. 

This is the one game that has me a bit nervous about an upset. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Hopefully Texans playing us close wakes the Eagles up a bit to not overlook this. I think Washington plays better with Heinicke, good enough to at least cover. I like their odds with him more than Wentz. 

Agreed with you on being nervous, the commanders D has been playing really well and their O has been much better with Heinicke. Eagles need to get out to a fast start and put them down early, can’t let them get too confident or it could be a game we can easily lose.

At 8-0 everyone wants to be the first to take you down.

3 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Say What a EAGLE fan acknowledging it could be a upset its possible but your EAGLES are the better team...THE key for my Commanders is Heinicke playing at a high level if he does this will be a UPSET...

On 11/13/2022 at 4:13 AM, Dwide Schrude said:

I take very little away from the Houston game. Short week, Thursday nights tend to be bad football regardless of the teams.