November mock

Rob331

With the number of free agents and the limited number of draft picks it will be hard to do a mock without some trades for additional picks. So - here we go.

Let's assume the Saints 1st round pick is #10. The Eagles trade that pick for a 1st (somewhere in the 16 to 20 range) and a 2nd. 

Then they trade their own 1st round pick (28-32, remember there are only 31 1st rund picks this year) for a mid 2nd, a  mid 3rd and a 6th. Someone is likely going to pay a value chart premium for that pick in order to get the 1st round 5th year. 

Re-sign:

• One of the DT's, Cox or Hargrave, preferably Hargrave
  • One of the safeties, CGJ or Epps
  • One of the linebackers, White or Edwards
  • Scott, because he'll be inexpensive
  • Pascal, becasue he too will be inexpensive
  • BG so ling as he gives us a team friendly deal
  • One of the guards, Seumalo or Opeta
  • Lovato

Need replacements for:

• Minshew
  • Sanders
  • A DT
  • A DE
  • A LB
  • A safety
  • A CB

Draft

• 1  mid first - DT Gervon Dexter, Florida 6'6" 313.  It's unkikely both Cox and Hargrave come back so he replaces the one who leaves. 
  • 2 RB Zach Evans, Mississippi 5'11"195 4.49. Both Sanders and Scott are free agents. Sanders is likely to want the big bucks the Eagles don't spend on running backs. 
  • 2 CB Emmanuel Forbes, Mississippi State 6'0"1804.48. Even if we re-sign Bradberry, having 2 corners over 30 is not ideal and McPherson has not shown he's a starter
  • 3 DE Andre Carter, Army, 6'6"250 4.70. Whether it's Barnett, Quinn, or BG we're going to need a degensive end.
  • 3 S Trey Dean, Florida, free agency is killing this defense. Both Epps and CGJ are free agents and while signinhg both isn't out of the question, it's not realistic. 
  • 6  T/G Matthew Bergeron, Syracuse 6'4" 324. With Dillard surely moving on and 2 guards, Seumalo and Opeta being free agents we'll need to replenish with someone who can be versitile. 
  • 7 C Ricky Stromberg, Arkansas, 6'3" 310. Jurgens will need a back up
  • 7 QB Dorian Thompson-Robinson, UCLA (stole this idea from the reaper) 6'1" 205.  No matter what we'll have to sign a veteran to replace Minshew, but DTR is certainly an upgrade over Ian Book. 

I can see us not drafting a center and playing musical oline if Jurgens goes down. Dickerson to center, Driscoll to LG. I’d say we need to bring back CGJ before Epps even thinks about coming back. Hell I’d expect Epps to be a damn near a mini deal. 

On 11/7/2022 at 11:35 AM, Rob331 said:

With the number of free agents and the limited number of draft picks it will be hard to do a mock without some trades for additional picks. So - here we go.

Let's assume the Saints 1st round pick is #10. The Eagles trade that pick for a 1st (somewhere in the 16 to 20 range) and a 2nd. 

Then they trade their own 1st round pick (28-32, remember there are only 31 1st rund picks this year) for a mid 2nd, a  mid 3rd and a 6th. Someone is likely going to pay a value chart premium for that pick in order to get the 1st round 5th year. 

Re-sign:

• One of the DT's, Cox or Hargrave, preferably Hargrave
  • One of the safeties, CGJ or Epps
  • One of the linebackers, White or Edwards
  • Scott, because he'll be inexpensive
  • Pascal, becasue he too will be inexpensive
  • BG so ling as he gives us a team friendly deal
  • One of the guards, Seumalo or Opeta
  • Lovato

Need replacements for:

• Minshew
  • Sanders
  • A DT
  • A DE
  • A LB
  • A safety
  • A CB

Draft

• 1  mid first - DT Gervon Dexter, Florida 6'6" 313.  It's unkikely both Cox and Hargrave come back so he replaces the one who leaves. 
  • 2 RB Zach Evans, Mississippi 5'11"195 4.49. Both Sanders and Scott are free agents. Sanders is likely to want the big bucks the Eagles don't spend on running backs. 
  • 2 CB Emmanuel Forbes, Mississippi State 6'0"1804.48. Even if we re-sign Bradberry, having 2 corners over 30 is not ideal and McPherson has not shown he's a starter
  • 3 DE Andre Carter, Army, 6'6"250 4.70. Whether it's Barnett, Quinn, or BG we're going to need a degensive end.
  • 3 S Trey Dean, Florida, free agency is killing this defense. Both Epps and CGJ are free agents and while signinhg both isn't out of the question, it's not realistic. 
  • 6  T/G Matthew Bergeron, Syracuse 6'4" 324. With Dillard surely moving on and 2 guards, Seumalo and Opeta being free agents we'll need to replenish with someone who can be versitile. 
  • 7 C Ricky Stromberg, Arkansas, 6'3" 310. Jurgens will need a back up
  • 7 QB Dorian Thompson-Robinson, UCLA (stole this idea from the reaper) 6'1" 205.  No matter what we'll have to sign a veteran to replace Minshew, but DTR is certainly an upgrade over Ian Book. 

So hey thanks man for the shout out for DTR. I’m glad you agree with the selection. I appreciate your insights as well. One think about this forum is we have some serious talented people who know the game of football as us as fans. A lot of times I trust your all’s opinions more so than I do the websites when it comes to prospective and guys as we see fit to be taken as future Eagles.

Now on the mock I am all for your first round pick Gervon Dexter. He reminds me of Fletcher Cox’s Alumni prodigy Jeffery Simmons in body and potential. The kid is definitely a top 13-15 player and well Howie loves his Alumni talent in Florida. He’s a excellent complement to Jordan Davis. Those two would be absolute nightmares for offenses. So well done with pick number one and I’d be all for it. Carter is better but I don’t see it as wide as some might think.

Zach Evans - honestly I’m not a fan of spending a top pick on a back that isn’t even 200lbs. He’s good but I wouldn’t spend a 2nd on one unless it was The Alabama RB he reminds me of a mixture of Alvin Kamara and Dalvin Cook hybrid.  I think spending a 2nd on a RB is too early honestly we have a lot of pressing needs and this is a deep class so late day 2 early day 3 is where I would address the need.

CB is a good way to go early, however not him, I’m tired of seeing terrible tackling going on with Bradberry and Slay. Trust me I love them and their ball skills but , Philly is known to have incredible tackling secondary players. Sheldon Taylor Vincent Jenkins MCleod . So I’d go in a different direction than him. 
Trey Dean I can be on board, good pick.

Andre Carter - Excellent talent , raw and not the most productive though. I love him if we had some more immediate help in the rotation. I think regardless we’re going to have to draft at least 3 DL someway some how all within the top 4 rounds somehow.

I think we will have to address OT in free agency or trade somehow. Driscoll is very good on the right side. He can play LT but maybe we can have Matt Toth come back again. He knows this system down Pat and has been on IR all season. Somewhere we are going to lose talent somewhere. I don’t see us being as complete next season as we are this season. Just to many people need extensions and not enough resources in draft picks unless we tap in to the 2024 picks as ammunition considering we should have a lot of compensation picks with Dillard Cox Sanders Epps Samuelo Bradberry Edwards, White , CJ Johnson  Graham Hargreave. No way we can keep all of them so we should get some serious returns in 2024  we already have an extra 2, 4/5, 7 I think . So add on 3 or so more comp picks id say. 

all in all good job bro

10 hours ago, SlimReaper4Six said:

Zach Evans - honestly I’m not a fan of spending a top pick on a back that isn’t even 200lbs.

Got it. I was bach and forth between Evans and Charbonnet. If you want bigger, Charbonnet would be the pick. 

10 hours ago, SlimReaper4Six said:

CB is a good way to go early, however not him,

Sinc this will be a mid 2nd round pick, who would you pick. We'll need a starting caliber corner since it's very unlikely Bradberry won't be back. 

My RB selections between late day 2 and early day Chris Rodriguez 5-11 223 LBe 4.38 40. My sleeper if the RB room. He’s extremely fast and physical, he hardly goes down and can also be a excellent third down option in the backfield as a pass catcher.
The stable of horses at Georgia are also excellent options for using a potential 1st year starter. Kendall Milton and Kenny McIntosh. Both are talented and physical players who would fit in well with our physical offense we play.

Israel Abanikanda  who turns just 21 and he is already 5-11 215 and had a 320 yard 6TD performance against Virginia Tech. He could be a perfect piece for us who can be a starter for us for years to come.

Tank Bigsby  is another RB from Auburn who can take over for Miles Sanders and replace the production as well as have less wear and tear.

Roschon Johnson is also 6-2 218 4.46 has been behind playing behind one of the best RBs to come out in 7-10 years. He would start in majority of teams had he transferred. He has little tread on the wheels so he will be all fresh and ready coming out of the draft. He has size speed and above average hands in the passing game. 

Now on to the CBS 

Jaylon Jones CB Texas A&M 6-2 205 4.42 - the perfect complement of speed and physicality. He plays to his size and is a excellent tackler and he has excellent man coverage skills. 

Tyrique Stevenson Miami CB 6-0 213 4.47 Another perfect replacement to James Bradberry  they both have similiar coverage skills using their bodies and length to their advantage. He’s just as good stopping the run

.Jay Ward 6-2 194 LSU - He has been the best piece in their secondary and he was a huge reason why they won against Alabama.  Any of these 3 I would be happy with over Emanuel Forbes. 

• Like 1