Super Bowl Tickets

EaglesAddict

If...and I know it's a big IF...the Eagles make the Super Bowl this year, what is the best way to go about getting tickets for the cheapest price?  Do season ticket holders get first dibs via a lottery?  How do non-season ticket holders get tickets...as in, any other way vs Stubhub, etc.

SB ticket prices right now are ridiculous...they start at $5400 and go up from there.  I imagine prices will skyrocket even more once it's confirmed who is in the Super Bowl.

Season ticket holders enter a lottery, but the odds aren’t good. There might be about 10,000 tickets that go to ticket holders. Probably less, now that I think about it.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2022 at 12:52 PM, EaglesAddict said:

SB ticket prices right now are ridiculous...they start at $5400 and go up from there. 

Take that $5400 and buy a new, big screen TV (using the EMB's Amazon link). 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Season ticket holders enter a lottery, but the odds aren’t good. There might be about 10,000 tickets that go to ticket holders. Probably less, now that I think about it.

Ugh...they make it such a pain in the arse for actual fans of the teams to attend a Super Bowl.  

6 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Take that $5400 and buy a new, big screen TV (using the EMB's Amazon link). 

Already have one, lol.  Going to a Super Bowl is a bucket list thing for me and would obviously love to fulfill that if the Eagles were in it.  But damn, the cost to do it is out-friggin-rageous.

• Like 1

I did some quick research. Last year both teams were given 18.5% of the tickets which comes to about 14,000 each. Execs probably get a half dozen each. Players probably get four each. Then all the business people they deal with. Advertisers. Maybe a couple thousand there. My guess is that the season ticket holders get around 3,000 to 5,000. I know that each account, no matter how many tickets you have, are only eligible to win two tickets. Figure there are about 20,000 ticket accounts and only about 2,000 will win, so the lottery odds would be about 10%. That’s just a ballpark estimate. Probably half of them will go. The other half will try to sell them for maximum value, which I have no issues with.

5 hours ago, EaglesAddict said:

Already have one, lol. 

So take that money and buy a new one anyway. 

By the way, check your PMs for my shipping address... :angel

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/14/2022 at 9:39 AM, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I did some quick research. Last year both teams were given 18.5% of the tickets which comes to about 14,000 each. Execs probably get a half dozen each. Players probably get four each. Then all the business people they deal with. Advertisers. Maybe a couple thousand there. My guess is that the season ticket holders get around 3,000 to 5,000. I know that each account, no matter how many tickets you have, are only eligible to win two tickets. Figure there are about 20,000 ticket accounts and only about 2,000 will win, so the lottery odds would be about 10%. That’s just a ballpark estimate. Probably half of them will go. The other half will try to sell them for maximum value, which I have no issues with.

My dad has season tickets.  He won the SB lottery for the 2004 season.  Back then, they made him sign some paperwork saying he wouldn’t re-sell the tickets (with threat of forfeiture of season tickets going forward).  Im not sure if it’s the same or not though, or if the team actually does follow through with the threat.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/10/2022 at 12:52 PM, EaglesAddict said:

If...and I know it's a big IF...the Eagles make the Super Bowl this year, what is the best way to go about getting tickets for the cheapest price?  Do season ticket holders get first dibs via a lottery?  How do non-season ticket holders get tickets...as in, any other way vs Stubhub, etc.

SB ticket prices right now are ridiculous...they start at $5400 and go up from there.  I imagine prices will skyrocket even more once it's confirmed who is in the Super Bowl.

Look. What. You. Did.  

• Like 1