Is next week the most important game of the year?

opa-opa

Is the next game the most important game of the season?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Is next week the most important game of the season?

• Yes, it will tell us how the rest of the season will go
    • Nah, it's just another game

This poll is closed to new votes

Losing that first game is not a big deal if you use it as motivation and bounce back from it.

But I feel that if we lose to Indy, we prob lose another 3 or 4 the rest of the way, and it's a quick one and out in the playoffs.

If we bounce back and have a massive game like the Chiefs did against the 49ers, then this team can go much further.

• Like 1

It will be an instant KO from the playoffs if the Eagles meet the BUCS. This team is not going to the Superbowl this year.

The impression of this team, certainly externally….maybe internally…hinges upon the Colts game.

Blow them out (or at least have a good week and win with the A game) and all is restored.  Lose…and doubters, haters, etc start piling on.  They’ll be just another team that got hot during a putrid stretch of schedule.  

• Like 1

To me, every game that is next on the schedule is the most important game.  But I definitely see your point ... would hate to see the feeling and confidence built up after such a great start to the season get washed away with a 2 game losing streak, both to far lesser teams.  

We are going to have trouble with every team that runs well until Davis comes back from injury.  Unfortunately, that's pretty much every team left on the schedule (except the Saints).  We could easily have a very bad second half of the season.

• Sad 1

I said this is another thread yesterday. This is a big game. We see how this division is. If we were 5 games up I would say no it’s just another game. Injuries are piling up. Get a big road win Sunday. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

This game is the real test. 

It's a trap game. 

The camp body of games.

By the time you read this, the Eagles have lost.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, eagle45 said:

The impression of this team, certainly externally….maybe internally…hinges upon the Colts game.

Blow them out (or at least have a good week and win with the A game) and all is restored.  Lose…and doubters, haters, etc start piling on.  They’ll be just another team that got hot during a putrid stretch of schedule.  

All season long I felt them trying to crawl from under the Rock. But they couldn't say shiittee like If we only Did this! We would be Better than 5-0! LOL. We need to crush the Colts, and keep them in their place. Under the Rock.

1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

Not the superbowl

Not a playoff game

Not the game with the saints that'll determine a top 5 pick

Not a conference game

Not a divisional game

Honestly, with being 8-1, this could be the most pointless game of the year

I’m sure they still hope to get HFA. They no longer have the one game buffer over Minnesota. They need to stay equal of better. They also only have a one game lead over the Giants, with two game to play against them. No game is pointless. 

3 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Not the superbowl

Not a playoff game

Not the game with the saints that'll determine a top 5 pick

Not a conference game

Not a divisional game

Honestly, with being 8-1, this could be the most pointless game of the year

That Saints pick will be top 7 when all said and done. Figure 3 qbs go top 4 or 5. Andersonzzzz!

• Like 1

Yes I think it is. I think Sunday is must win if they want to get the #1 seed. If they lose to Indy then they could lose the next 2 to GB and Ten. And before you know it we could be 8-4 and with more tricky games to come. 

Monday nights loss was ugly. It wasn't a good game but either offense or defense and those things happen. We have to put that behind us and move on and beat a bad Indy team. 

My worry wasn't the loss to Washington but the manner of it. 3 turnovers (I'm going to ignore that last one), sloppy play, more missed tackles and an inability to stop the run. The last 2 there we have seen all year. The turnovers we now have what 5 in the last 2 games? Are we going to see more turnovers in the coming weeks? If so it is going to be hard to win games. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

It's a very important game. 

I could see the Washington loss spider webbing into 2, 3, or even 4 losses, with the injuries mounting for the Birds. And now, with the blueprint being fully published on how to beat the Eagles, yeesh. We'll see how good this Coaching Staff is, as well as the players.

• Like 1

Every game is important but this game is the more importanter, until the week after when everyone says this is the most importantest game and then playing the Cowboys in Christmas Eve will be the Ultimate Important Game in the History of Games Ever Played.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Every game is important but this game is the more importanter, until the week after when everyone says this is the most importantest game and then playing the Cowboys in Christmas Eve will be the Ultimate Important Game in the History of Games Ever Played.

:furious:

This 3 game stretch is against teams with great RBs or overall running games. It can easily be a 1-2 or 0-3 stretch. No goedart and the blueprint is to run it down their throats. Its gonna be rough

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

How come no one sees the blue print on the Geeky Giants? You just need to stop Barkley and Jones from running. Pressure Jones so he goes back to turnovers and somehow score on the overrated Giants D. Do not let them milk the clock.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wrestlevessel said:

How come no one sees the blue print on the Geeky Giants? You just need to stop Barkley and Jones from running. Pressure Jones so he goes back to turnovers and somehow score on the overrated Giants D. Do not let them milk the clock.

So they've got the blue print to beat us then... Which is a concern. 

• Like 1

On 11/16/2022 at 2:33 PM, NOTW said:

It's a trap game. 

The camp body of games.

By the time you read this, the Eagles have lost.

Well said!

People are of course reacting in a panicked fashion to the loss. But massive overreactions.

The offense is still elite. The D has some concerns, but you can’t ignore that they have been very good for most of the season.

We have injury issues. We may lose to the Colts and may lose 2 of our next 3. But I still believe this is a really good team and we will win our division. If we get the 2 seed, does anyone really fear Kirk Cousins in the playoffs?

6 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

We have injury issues. We may lose to the Colts and may lose 2 of our next 3. But I still believe this is a really good team and we will win our division. If we get the 2 seed, does anyone really fear Kirk Cousins in the playoffs?

I mean there's a couple of things there bud. If we lose 2 of the next 3 I'm not sure we win the division. The Giants have a nice schedule and I'm not sure they are going to lose that many games. I also think they have the kind of scheme and players that are going to cause us issues and they will at least split with us. 

And no I don't necessarily fear Coupons but that's a pretty good Vikings team. And Jefferson does scare me.

• Like 1

You have to think at this point 12/24 is the biggest game of the season as far as regular season games are concerned.  

• Like 1

Eagles were ranked 17th against the run allowing 1,123 yards but hopefully the signing of the 2 DTs will help.