Eagles sign DT Ndamukong Suh to 1 year deal

Procus

29 minutes ago, nipples said:

So what do they do when Davis comes back from IR after adding two DT? Milton Williams to the PS?

They rotate the linemen and keep them fresh which is what they like to do in an ideal sitution

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't think you can do anything but like this to be honest. He may be 34 but he's a good DT, gives us depth and he's good against the run. Hard not to like it really. 

I hate it.  Signing big names to shore up a legitimate hole in the defense?  This reeks of desperation. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

I hate it.  Signing big names to shore up a legitimate hole in the defense?  This reeks of desperation. 

C'mon man. The team is 8-1, in the driver seat for #1 seed. Now is the time to go all in. Get it done. 

• Like 7

56 minutes ago, nipples said:

I get that he’s older, but I’m surprised he was even still a free agent. Something I’m not aware of? He did have 6 sacks last year so it isn’t like he was totally washed up.

He was probably just waiting for a situation like this where a team with a legitimate chance to compete was willing to pony up an acceptable amount of money to sign him, rather than taking a lower offer on the market during the summertime. 

• Like 2

Too bad he won't be ready in time to help stop Jonathan Taylor...

Still a great signing! Lets goooooooo

• Like 1

Another great move by Howie.

1 hour ago, nipples said:

I get that he’s older, but I’m surprised he was even still a free agent. Something I’m not aware of? He did have 6 sacks last year so it isn’t like he was totally washed up.

Suh played in all 17 games last year too. No lingering injury issue that I am aware of. Probably waiting for the right offer to fall into his lap.  

Suh and Joseph are not here to get sacks, their only purpose is to tackle the RB. That's all I expect. 

• Like 6

It's a one year  deal.  Not too much downside here for the team.  Not sure what the complaints are well founded

Just now, jsdarkstar said:

Suh and Joseph are not here to get sacks, their only purpose is to tackle the RB. That's all I expect. 

Or clog up the running lanes

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

What do you suggest they do? Nothing and hope its all ok? 

They're being proactive and moves like this tell us they're serious about improving.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Portyansky said:

LMFAO. I just asked about him about an hour ago in the "I want" thread. 

Wanna make a thread there for another Lombardi 

:ph34r::ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

What? Why? They have an issue there and Suh is very likely better against the run than the other options they had. Plus he'll be able to help Davis.

Both of these signing feel like they would have been much better 4 years ago, but maybe they can help hold the line till the big kid is back.

• Like 1

So what do they do when Davis comes back from IR after adding two DT? Milton Williams to the PS?

Yes reading the t leaves from these 2 DT signings and one must assume that the FO is not at all pleased with Williams.  USC DT was

playing lousy too.  If both these guys have gas left and Davis returns, Williams is up in the press box

5 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Hmmm sure ok. 

Need some production from all these old dudes!! :rolleyes:

Lets hope these 2 are better than the last one we signed.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Both of these signing feel like they would have been much better 4 years ago, but maybe they can help hold the line till the big kid is back.

4 years ago they would have got bigger deals in the off-season. Two vets who can clog lanes and let the LBs pound the RB. Hopefully Dean can start getting some playing time to help in coverage. 

I will praise Howie for this type of stuff:  he is ALWAYS on the lookout for any player he can add at any point in the year to try and improve the roster.  Building the roster and being aware of potential options is a year-round activity and when the need arises he moves fast.  Unfortunate situation with the DT injuries happening but he was on it.  Nice job.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Reminds me of Dorsey Levens a few years back.  The guy was way past his prime when he signed with the Eagles.  But he was still good for 3 or 4 good plays a game.  Kind of what I expect from these latest signings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain F said:

Davis Nose

Suh and Joseph tackles

Whoever at DE

No moar run

While watching the secondary get torched in soft zone defense.  

He's started every game every season for the last decade, including 17 last year.  All the nonsense about his conditioning is just that.  And if his goal is to play it smart and maximize his shot at winning another ring, well, he did.  Per NFL.com:

Suh's decision to join the Eagles comes after a lengthy waiting period in which the veteran knew his services were desired by plenty of NFL clubs, but remained patient before picking his next employer. Though the five-time All-Pro was clear he intended to play in 2022, he wasn't about to latch onto a team that wasn't headed in a worthwhile direction.

The wait paid off with an opportunity to join the one-loss Eagles, a team that expressed confidence in its defensive tackle depth after losing rookie Jordan Davis to injury, then failed in short-yardage situations against Washington, leading to Philadelphia's first defeat of the season.

• Like 6