Odell Beckham Jr. (unsigned WR) -- SIGNED WITH BALTIMORE

Procus

I'm not a huge fan, especially at this stage.  But Florio says to watch out for the Eagles.

Doubtful. Isn't he looking for a long term contract anyways? 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Stop Dallas getting him...

Dallas probably stopped themselves from getting OBJ after leaking medical info about his knee (and further expressing concerns saying they don’t think he’ll be ready to play this year).  

https://dailysnark.com/2022/12/06/odell-beckham-jr-leaves-dallas-without-deal-after-cowboys-leak-medical-info-about-his-knee/

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Godfather said:

Doubtful. Isn't he looking for a long term contract anyways? 

He can look all he wants. Doubtful anyone would give him one. Thirty years old... multiple injuries... head case.... beggars can't be choosers.

No OBJ.  Dude thinks he can just walk onto a playoff team after having done no work to get them there!  f him!

9 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Do we know the extent of Watkins injury yet?

No results being made public yet of his MRI but he was a limited participant in yesterday's practice, so that seems to be a good sign.

image.png.294b2899ebf5d2af36b4d4c619374afe.png

I'd only entertain the idea of adding him IF either Brown or Smith got injured.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Limited: Quez Watkins (shoulder), Kyzir White (ankle)

while it was limited, he did practice.

10 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I heard on one of the podcasts that OBJ had a should sprain of this sort, really bad 3rd degree whatever and he didn't miss a game.  Will it degrade Quez' effectiveness, likely yes, but he can probably play through it if needed.

33 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I'd only entertain the idea of adding him IF either Brown or Smith got injured.  

This.  AND IF that injury was severe enough that they would be out for at least several weeks.  Barring something like that, I don't think that OBJ would make the team better.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ilikepargo said:

Whose targets would he be getting?

No one's. He's not wanted here

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

One could point to his time in New York and Cleveland and decide he's not worth potentially disrupting locker room chemistry. However, he was able to contribute to the Rams Super Bowl win and didn't make a big stink about being second fiddle to Cooper Kupp. On the fence regarding this one.

The fact that the Eagles have a hole at TE with Dallas Goedert on IR and with Quez Watkins now hurt, it might not be a bad idea to at least explore the possibility of bringing him in, especially with the Cowboys and Giants linked to signing him. The Cowboys publicly have made it known they are concerned about his health, but a reunion with the Giants isn't out of the realm of possibility. Both of these division rivals are also in the mix for playoff spots, so bringing in OBJ to prevent a rival from benefitting could be worth it.

On 12/8/2022 at 12:52 PM, Waiting4Someday said:

I heard on one of the podcasts that OBJ had a should sprain of this sort, really bad 3rd degree whatever and he didn't miss a game.  Will it degrade Quez' effectiveness, likely yes, but he can probably play through it if needed.

Sit Watkins for a week and let him get healthy. If we can’t beat Chicago without him we have problems. 

Why would anyone think OBJ would be a good idea here in Philly?

From a chemistry point of view?  He's been shown the door everywhere he's been.  

From a needs point of view?  WR is not a need right now...at all.

From a salary point of view?  Why would we waste valuable salary cap space on OBJ when there are so many other positions that will need help?

I mean, seriously, how does that make any sense at all?

15 hours ago, Vee said:

Why would anyone think OBJ would be a good idea here in Philly?

I think it's a Madden thing... In theory how exciting would it be to have OBJ added to this offense. He's a really good WR and he would be the 3rd best on this team. That's exciting in theory. But you're right about the whole chemistry thing. Although I don't think he's as bad as some make out. 

Giants dumped him at the peak of his young career.  For a first and a third.  That was around the time they drafted Saquon.  Doesn't make sense to dump a Top 5 WR at that point in the team's plans.

Three years later, the hapless Browns dump him too.  Still a great WR for a team that needed one.

I guess he may not be as bad as some make out, but geez, that's a lot of moving around for a top talent in this league...

2 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

Isn’t he signing with Dallass?

The word is he won't be ready to play until the play offs and wants a deal for next season too, or the other take floating around is he might wait for 2023 Free Agency.

The Cowboys are favourites to sign him as it stands.  I think a few teams might kick the tyres if he waits for next year but it's hard to see a guy knocking on the door of 31 coming off a full years absence with an ACL being that popular an option. He was OK for the Rams but hardly earth shattering.

3 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

Cool, one more receiver for Dak to toss INTs while targeting.  :lol:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

Howie should sign him to spite Dallas.  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1