COPS and Live P.D. canceled

Captain F

I have never really watched these shows but I know a lot of people do. Apparently Live P.D cameras captured and destroyed video of  a guy dying while being arrested,  crying that he couldn't breath, being tased 4 times and begging for his meds. 

17 minutes ago, What The F said:

I have never really watched these shows but I know a lot of people do. Apparently Live P.D cameras captured and destroyed video of  a guy dying while being arrested,  crying that he couldn't breath, being tased 4 times and begging for his meds. 

This really disappoints me.  I loved that show and thought they really showed all aspects of law enforcement.  For them to cover something like that up disappoints me.

2 hours ago, paco said:

This really disappoints me.  I loved that show and thought they really showed all aspects of law enforcement.  For them to cover something like that up disappoints me.

they complied with all investigations and were never asked to provide the footage to any investigator. they get rid of all their footage after 3 months. it also happened after a 20 minute high speed chase

• 1 year later...

The creator of Cops just died the other day. Back in the early 2000's, I worked in the fraud department for Bank of America (consumer credit card division). He was one of the cardholders that I dealt with on a fairly regular basis, because someone stole his identity and was opening credit cards in his name. 

He'd call the bank and have blocks put on all of his accounts, and the identity thief would call in and have the blocks removed, even though all of his accounts warned of what was happening! 

I was on the phone with him one night, re-blocking all of his accounts, and as I was on the phone with him, the 'bad guy' called in and had the block removed. If I hadn't refreshed my screen, it wouldn't have been noticed so quickly. As it turned out, someone 4 floors up from where I was, did it (removed the block), even though Customer Service was strictly forbidden from removing a security block. As soon as I got off the phone, I went right upstairs and let their supervisor know what was what. 

She wouldn't tell me the specific person that did it, of course, but they said that they'd take care of it... then tried to get angry at me for coming up there. I told her not to get mad at me for doing my job, and that she needed to train her employees better so that they could do their job correctly. 

I had a friend who worked on that floor at the time and she later told me that I was the talk of the floor for about 2 days for coming up there and doing that lol. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The creator of Cops just died the other day. Back in the early 2000's, I worked in the fraud department for Bank of America (consumer credit card division). He was one of the cardholders that I dealt with on a fairly regular basis, because someone stole his identity and was opening credit cards in his name. 

He'd call the bank and have blocks put on all of his accounts, and the identity thief would call in and have the blocks removed, even though all of his accounts warned of what was happening! 

I was on the phone with him one night, re-blocking all of his accounts, and as I was on the phone with him, the 'bad guy' called in and had the block removed. If I hadn't refreshed my screen, it wouldn't have been noticed so quickly. As it turned out, someone 4 floors up from where I was, did it (removed the block), even though Customer Service was strictly forbidden from removing a security block. As soon as I got off the phone, I went right upstairs and let their supervisor know what was what. 

She wouldn't tell me the specific person that did it, of course, but they said that they'd take care of it... then tried to get angry at me for coming up there. I told her not to get mad at me for doing my job, and that she needed to train her employees better so that they could do their job correctly.

I had a friend who worked on that floor at the time and she later told me that I was the talk of the floor for about 2 days for coming up there and doing that lol. 

image.gif.413681e66861593726b240f3108b773f.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

my man! 

On 7/7/2021 at 8:56 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

One of my gfs had her identity stolen and had thousands drawn out of her bank account. The bank refused to shut the scammer down because they said they were  trying to track them down and bust them, but they did return all the funds to her account, over and over. It was highly annoying but she went along with their plan. Not sure if they ever caught the slimeball, all I knew was they traced them to Israel, which is a hub of the Russian mafia.

18 minutes ago, eaglegenius said:

One of my gfs had her identity stolen and had thousands drawn out of her bank account. The bank refused to shut the scammer down because they said they were  trying to track them down and bust them, but they did return all the funds to her account, over and over. It was highly annoying but she went along with their plan. Not sure if they ever caught the slimeball, all I knew was they traced them to Israel, which is a hub of the Russian mafia.

Sometimes some weird crap would go on and nobody could stop it. There was one man that I dealt with who had to call in every month or so to report fraud on his account. An account that he closed 5 years earlier. The charges were recurring, automatic charges and even closing the account couldn't stop them from being approved. 

One time, a girl that set next to me, got a call about a persons purse being stolen. It just happened to have happened in Norfolk (our office was in Norfolk). As the girl (that sat next to me), was looking through the accounts recent activity, she saw that a charge had JUST happened literally a couple of minutes earlier and it wasn't by the cardholder and it was at MacArthur Mall, literally a 5 minute walk from our office... and where we all ate our lunches at. 

She got on the phone with the Norfolk police department and stayed on the phone and was able to direct them to places where the card was being used, and the 'bad guys' were arrested. 

After I left the bank (around 2004), that same girl who used to sit next to me, got caught charging some of her bills to other people's credit cards before she closed the account out and issued a new card. 

She figured that since it was already reported as stolen with fraud on it, her bills (electric, water... whatever), would just slide by unnoticed. No, she wasn't a very bright girl lol. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Sometimes some weird crap would go on and nobody could stop it. There was one man that I dealt with who had to call in every month or so to report fraud on his account. An account that he closed 5 years earlier. The charges were recurring, automatic charges and even closing the account couldn't stop them from being approved. 

One time, a girl that set next to me, got a call about a persons purse being stolen. It just happened to have happened in Norfolk (our office was in Norfolk). As the girl (that sat next to me), was looking through the accounts recent activity, she saw that a charge had JUST happened literally a couple of minutes earlier and it wasn't by the cardholder and it was at MacArthur Mall, literally a 5 minute walk from our office... and where we all ate our lunches at. 

She got on the phone with the Norfolk police department and stayed on the phone and was able to direct them to places where the card was being used, and the 'bad guys' were arrested. 

After I left the bank (around 2004), that same girl who used to sit next to me, got caught charging some of her bills to other people's credit cards before she closed the account out and issued a new card. 

She figured that since it was already reported as stolen with fraud on it, her bills (electric, water... whatever), would just slide by unnoticed. No, she wasn't a very bright girl lol. 

that girl coworker of yours :roll: 

• 1 year later...

This was F’ing nuts. Props to these cops for not shooting this woman

• 4 weeks later...

Holy crap. Warning, even though you can’t see it, the suspect is obviously killed.

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

I think that cop pulled a suicide maneuver 

Woulda made even the Duke boys say

image.gif.7e336a6fa50790e41a6b7915d9c0a70b.gif

39 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Wow.  Few things.  I'm surprised the cop continued to pursue at those speeds and def surprised he tried the PIT at that speed.  Not sure what happened, but it didn't appear the cop slammed on the brake as soon as the PIT started.  Pretty sure if he did, he wouldn't have ended up riding up the side of the truck and then going airborne.  Scary, hope the cop is ok.  

Yeah, I've gone back and forth on the police actions. I keep ending up at the fact that that m f'er was driving at high speed on the other side of the road into oncoming traffic.  He was a psychotic danger to everyone else that he was near.  They had to stop him.  Thank God he doesn't appear to have hurt or killed anyone else before they did.

39 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Wow.  Few things.  I'm surprised the cop continued to pursue at those speeds and def surprised he tried the PIT at that speed.  Not sure what happened, but it didn't appear the cop slammed on the brake as soon as the PIT started.  Pretty sure if he did, he wouldn't have ended up riding up the side of the truck and then going airborne.  Scary, hope the cop is ok.  

Reading some of the comments, sounds like the cop slammed the gas instead of the brake?  Also - he did survive - the driver of the truck obviously didn't

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

He was swerving over the other side of the road because the cop was trying to pass or pit him from the left.  Then once the cop swerved right, so did he.  He was blocking the cop.  Far be it from me to blame a cop, not what I’m doing.  I’m just saying it was careless 

There were extended periods where the cop was hundreds of yards behind and he was on the wrong side driving into traffic.  There were times when he absolutely was reacting to the cop and putting other people in danger in the process, but there were also times when the cop was not an immediate factor and he was still threatening many other people with his actions.  It was an insanely reckless chase all the way around.