Week 16 Discussion

GroundAttack

Happy Hollidays.

Week 16 started on TNF with a Jags win over the Jets.

There are 11 Saturday games, 3 Sunday games and 1 Monday night game.

The Bills play the Bears in Chicago. The Bears have not won a game since the Chase Claypool trade. The Bills clinch the AFC East division with a Win or a Dolphins loss.

Still in the playoff picture, the Browns are home against the Saints.

Losers of 4 in a row the Titans are home against the Texans.

The Chiefs have already clinched the AFC West as they are home against the Seahawks. 

The Giants are on the road against the Vikings. The Giants clinch a playoff berth with: NYG win + WAS loss + DET loss OR. NYG win + WAS loss + SEA loss OR. NYG win + DET loss + SEA loss. 

With the Jets losing to the Jags on TNF, the Bengals have officially clinched a playoff spot. Cincy is on the road against the Patriots. 

Down in Carolina is where the Lions play the Panthers. Simply put, the Lions need to finish ahead of the Commanders and Seahawks to earn the final NFC playoff spot. There are other less likely scenarios that could play out, but that's basically where we stand. If Detroit goes 3-0 down the stretch, then the Commanders and Seahawks only need to lose once more each.

Atlanta plays the Ravens who have 10 different scenarios to clinch a playoff spot. The Ravens can also clinch the AFC North title if they win their remaining 3 games.

Coming off a tough MNF loss to the Giants last week the Commanders are still in the playoff hunt as they are on the road against the NFC West champions, 49ers. Chase Young is back this week for the Commanders.

50 years later of the Immaculate Reception, the Raiders go to Pittsburgh and play the Steelers. The Steelers lost all time great Franco Harris earlier this week.

Sitting where they are today, the Dolphins have a 70% chance to make the playoffs. They are home against the Packers which is the first of the 3 Sunday games.

With both teams out of playoff contention, the Broncos go to LA and play the Rams who will be without Aaron Donald again and may not play again the rest of the year.

Tampa goes to Arizona on Christmas night. This week, if the Carolina Panthers (vs. Detroit Lions), New Orleans Saints (at Cleveland Browns), and Atlanta Falcons (at Baltimore Ravens) all lose, then the Buccaneers' chances of earning a playoff spot climb above 90 percent.

The LA Chargers are on the road against the Colts on MNF. If the Chargers beat the Colts on Monday Night Football, combined with Week 16 losses by the Jets, Patriots and Raiders, the Bolts would secure a postseason berth.

Something interesting I heard this morning. The teams that have played the 49ers, in the next week those teams are 0 - 12.

Place your bets accordingly. 🏈

Just now, LacesOut said:

For any betters out there, whoever has played the 49ers, in the next week those teams are 0 - 12.

Sorry say that again bud? So who should we bet on, on that basis?

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Sorry say that again bud? So who should we bet on, on that basis?

The Seahawks played the 49ers last week. They play the Chiefs today. So bet on the Chiefs. But they were probably going to win anyways, as the Seahawks seem to be leaking oil. 

There are going to be some games played today in very very cold weather.

Bengals game looks like a slow blowout

Bills are so strange. They should be up by so much

Vikings recover a fumble

Feels more like a Super Thanksgiving than Christmas Eve, same thing for next year

24 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Testing. 

If this is about the delay we are all getting it (or at least lots of us)

Edit: of course as I say that it posts immediately.

7 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

If this is about the delay we are all getting it (or at least lots of us)

Edit: of course as I say that it posts immediately.

I’m only noticing it in the Blog. 

12 hours ago, pisceschica said:

Hopefully bucs win the south 

Well the south is going to be that division that someone has to win and reminds me of the NFC east years ago when Seattle won it at 7-9 and beast mode was born. 

Is Mike Vrabel’s job in trouble in Nashville ? They imo were pre season favourites to win the NFC south and have been poor. I know the eagles benefited from the AJ Brown trade and I know the GM was shitcanned by the titans, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the owner cleans house. 

The Christmas games should be outdoors in cold weather cities, not this crap

Archived