Jalen Hurts discussion (Part 2) - see new topic for contract extension

VaBeach_Eagle

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back up qb obviously struggling, not playing well. Opposing team controlling the clock. Should the coaches adjust the game plan and maybe start running the ball to alleviate those two issues? Nah, they keep throwing hoping the backup QB will figure it out. 

But sure, don’t blame the coaches!

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Is there a particular reason he left out one of the six sacks ??

His math skills are on par with jsb’s

2 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

I wanna see you show your work on this. How did you get the average time? 

Ok, right after you show me how you deduced Hurts would be terrible this year because the NFL had him figured out.

6 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Ok, right after you show me how you deduced Hurts would be terrible this year because the NFL had him figured out.

I’ve long stated that QBs who run as much as Hurts are not my preference. Mostly because you have to cater an entire offense to his running, and those QBs get hurt because of it, and this leaves your offense in the lurch when they go down. 

I was absolutely wrong about Hurts ability to develop his passing skills; he has done a tremendous job of it. Far better than I could have ever imagined. Not the first time I’ve been wrong, won’t be the last either. 

Your turn, sport

1 minute ago, TorontoEagle said:

I’ve long stated that QBs who run as much as Hurts are not my preference. Mostly because you have to cater an entire offense to his running, and those QBs get hurt because of it, and this leaves your offense in the lurch when they go down. 

I was absolutely wrong about Hurts ability to develop his passing skills; he has done a tremendous job of it. Far better than I could have ever imagined. Not the first time I’ve been wrong, won’t be the last either. 

Your turn, sport

Added all the numbers and divided them.

Just now, jsb235 said:

As mike noted, there’s a sack missing. How can you declare it was 4 seconds on average with missing data?

1 minute ago, jsb235 said:

What ??  Not sure what that means in response to this.

4 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Your turn, sport

As mike noted, there’s a sack missing. How can you declare it was 4 seconds on average with missing data?

And the 6 second one Minshew broke the pocket and ran out of bounds, there was no contact.

It's probably on the read option where Minshew kept it. Since it wasn't a pass play, it is irrelevant to his time to pass.

It's probably on the read option where Minshew kept it. Since it wasn't a pass play, it is irrelevant to his time to pass.

The NFL credited it as a sack, so it counts.

If he was sacked then it’s a pass play. 

The 2nd Thread just as hopefully Jalen is ready to rise as a Phoenix after some time off for this amazing Playoff Run.   All Aboard 3 more Wins to the Super Bowl.  4 More wins to our 5th Title. 

Just now, downundermike said:

The NFL credited it as a sack, so it counts.

Ok. Count it. Yet another play where the coaches made the right call. He hands it off, it's likely a first down. He kept it and lost yards. To you, that's bad coaching. That's why you don't understand what you are looking at. 

2 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Ok. Count it. Yet another play where the coaches made the right call. He hands it off, it's likely a first down. He kept it and lost yards. To you, that's bad coaching. That's why you don't understand what you are looking at. 

You should be more worried about Jalen Hurts playing this week.  Graziano put it in doubt this morning, and it was just pointed out in the blog, in a video from practice, Minshew is in full pads and Hurts and Book are in shells.

This is disastrous all around, I don’t have much faith in Minshew to win, especially after his atrocious performance last week. 

In the event that we do manage to win with Minshew, Hurts will have gone a full month without meaningful football. All the ingredients for a 1 and done in the making.

He is playing, Oh sorry Some ESPN shlub knows more :roll:

I didn't check with Dan Graziano to verify this sorry

9 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

JSB.  Start a new thread requiring calculators.  Make ‘em all quit!  

Did you post this on your own or is it part of a coordinated trolling effort again?

Just now, jsb235 said:

Did you post this on your own or is it part of a coordinated trolling effort again?

Not smart enough to figure that out?

45 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

This is disastrous all around, I don’t have much faith in Minshew to win, especially after his atrocious performance last week. 

In the event that we do manage to win with Minshew, Hurts will have gone a full month without meaningful football. All the ingredients for a 1 and done in the making.

Good to see he’s trending towards playing. My faith in Minshew is pretty low right now. Even still he should be able to be the Giants backups…. Well maybe. 

It's simple... Hurts truly IS the MVP of this team. Without him, they won't go anywhere. So that's settled, at least.

3 hours ago, jsb235 said:

Or maybe message my buddies to coordinate a trolling effort? 

Also, on Minshew's sacks, first contact came at an average of 4 seconds. NFL qbs have the ball out of their hands in under 3 seconds. 

But sure, blame the coaches. 

One of those guys gave a detailed critical report on six incompletions made by Hurts in a game they won. Minshew sucks and the greatest critique is he didn’t play well. 😂🤣😂 You know what they are. Stop wasting your time on them. 

Archived