Jalen Hurts discussion (Part 2) - see new topic for contract extension

VaBeach_Eagle

That is a boat load of money for Jalen. I am expecting Burrow and Herbert to be in the same ball park, maybe even more. 

On 3/19/2023 at 7:09 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Just goes to show the leader he is really doesn’t it! And the belief that most, if not all, those players have in him!

There is one thing that stands out with Hurts above everything, it is his leadership.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Mat said:

That is a boat load of money for Jalen. I am expecting Burrow and Herbert to be in the same ball park, maybe even more. 

There is one thing that stands out with Hurts above everything, it is his leadership.

Burrow's likely to get close to 60 per imo after seeing what Jalen got. Herbert will likely get slightly more as well. Not sure about Lamar ... that's a mess over there. Jalen won't be the highest paid for very long.

2 minutes ago, Rey said:

Burrow's likely to get close to 60 per imo after seeing what Jalen got. Herbert will likely get slightly more as well. Not sure about Lamar ... that's a mess over there. Jalen won't be the highest paid for very long.

Burrow and Jalen have playoff success and both appeared in a Super Bowl and almost won.  I don't think Herbert should get more than either of them despite his regular season numbers. Lamar is now looking at the Ravens like.  "Ok...well?", lol.  

13 minutes ago, KINGnabb said:

Burrow and Jalen have playoff success and both appeared in a Super Bowl and almost won.  I don't think Herbert should get more than either of them despite his regular season numbers. Lamar is now looking at the Ravens like.  "Ok...well?", lol.  

I agree about Herbert ... but it always seems like the next guy gets a bit more. That's why it was important for the Eagles to beat the other teams in getting this done.

13 minutes ago, Rey said:

The Bengals will give him a similar deal but with more guaranteed money. I don't think it will be 60. They do have the luxury of the 5th year on his rookie deal which the Eagles don't have with Hurts. Herbert will get a similar deal, playoff success is as much on the team as it is on the QB. Herbert has had some insane numbers and will likely get a deal in the same ball park. 

12 minutes ago, KINGnabb said:

I think teams are hesitant to negotiate with Lamar. Hurts guaranteed money number is still lower than Watson's. Lamar wants the same number as Watson from the initial reports. He has had injury issues the last two seasons which makes it tougher for a team to fork out that much guaranteed money to a guy that has regressed from his MVP form and can't stay healthy. He may get 50 mill a year, but I think he is looking at an average of about 30 mill a season guaranteed compared to the whole 50. If I had to pick between paying Hurts and Jackson I'd be giving more money to Hurts 

3 minutes ago, Rey said:

I agree about Herbert ... but it always seems like the next guy gets a bit more. That's why it was important for the Eagles to beat the other teams in getting this done.

He should be the next QB to sign a massive extension but knowing the Chargers they will screw it up somehow, wait it out and either pay him more than Burrow or franchise tag him while he demands a trade

Archived