Eagles News: Philadelphia listed among logical landing spots for Colin Kaepernick

UK_EaglesFan89

Eagles News: Philadelphia listed among logical landing spots for Colin Kaepernick

Colin Kaepernick landing spots: Eight most logical teams to sign the former 49ers quarterback - CBS Sports
7. Philadelphia Eagles. If the Eagles were concerned about the optics of adding a high-profile backup for Carson Wentz after Nick Foles’ tenure, they wouldn’t have drafted Jalen Hurts in the second round. And while Hurts’ early pick would seem to take them out of the mix, they incessantly justified that selection by calling themselves a "quarterback factory” and emphasizing the importance of the No. 2 spot. Team owner Jeffrey Lurie is a known progressive on the social justice front, his Eagles have been a bastion for that kind of work since Malcolm Jenkins helped further the foundation, and they’ve taken polarizing swings before (see: Michael Vick). Adding Kap, even as a one-year rental, would give Doug Pederson a new toy, Hurts more time to grow and Wentz a more experienced reserve. [BLG Note: The Eagles were among the handful of NFL teams to attend Kaepernick’s workout last November.]

lhttps://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2020/6/16/21292535/eagles-news-colin-kaepernick-logical-landing-spots-philadelphia-quarterback-backup-qb-nfl-brooks

Kaepernick to the Eagles doesn't make a lot of sense. I hope he finally finds a team, he should never have been out of the league, but I don't think it makes much sense, if any at all, for that landing spot to be in Philadelphia. 

There is nothing logical from a football perspective about Kaepernick coming to the Eagles.  Just another case of throwing crap at the wall and see what sticks.

35 minutes ago, QBhunter58 said:

makes zero sense, not even going to read that hot take

Agreed. I liked Kaepernick when he was in the league. I rated him higher than some. But it has been 4 years... and we have a number of QBs on the roster who we aren't sure about. 

• Like 2

His play visibly declined at the end of his time in the NFL. Given that and his age, I'd pass.

40 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Agreed. I liked Kaepernick when he was in the league. I rated him higher than some. But it has been 4 years... and we have a number of QBs on the roster who we aren't sure about. 

Agreed. 4 years is a long time and skills would figure to regress to some degree with that kind of time away. Le'veon Bell missed 1 year and didn't look as explosive, although the OL wasn't very good...but still he was not as elusive.  He needs to go to a team like the Jets where Darnold is clearly their guy and there aren't a lot of expectations for them this year.  I can't see Kaepernick coming in to a game as a 2nd string QB for a contending team and then leading that team to the playoffs when he has 4 years of rust to shake off.

• Like 1

What logic?  Wentz just signed a mega deal a year ago.  The team just spent a 2nd round pick on Jalen Hurts.  From a pure football perspective, this makes zero sense.  If this made sense, wouldn’t signing Cam Newton or Jameis Winston make even more sense?

2 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

Agreed. 4 years is a long time and skills would figure to regress to some degree with that kind of time away. Le'veon Bell missed 1 year and didn't look as explosive, although the OL wasn't very good...but still he was not as elusive.  He needs to go to a team like the Jets where Darnold is clearly their guy and there aren't a lot of expectations for them this year.  I can't see Kaepernick coming in to a game as a 2nd string QB for a contending team and then leading that team to the playoffs when he has 4 years of rust to shake off.

Agreed. He could prove to be a serviceable back up... the problem is his game isn't really designed to be serviceable. He can win games with his ability but he can also very easily lose them. 

52 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Agreed. He could prove to be a serviceable back up... the problem is his game isn't really designed to be serviceable. He can win games with his ability but he can also very easily lose them. 

How can we even call him serviceable at this point? Let's be real....he doesn't even want to play anymore. He wants to be a martyr and make money off it. If that wasn't the case he wouldn't have pulled that stunt last year when he had a tryout and change locations at the last minute.

Makes no sense, so I fully expect Howie to make it happen. QB Factoryyyyyyyyy!!!!!

Maybe they are looking for him to play RG

Kap may have very well been the best fit at QB for Chip Kelly's offense. I never understood why he never bought in and gave it a try. He's a dope, plain and simple in my book. At least when we gave Vick a chance, the guy came with a completely new "team first" attitude and did everything asked of him. Kap just wants to kiss his biceps and when that doesn't win him attention, will find some way to piss off a large portion of the fan base with non-football antics. 

The NFL wants to make him a hero now. Let them make him commissioner then ... or something. 

9 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

How can we even call him serviceable at this point?

I mean he's still going to be better than some back ups in the league. Certainly he's going to be better than a lot of QB #3s.