Eagles' Miles Sanders omitted from CBS Sports' ranking of the top 10 running backs for 2020

UK_EaglesFan89

Eagles' Miles Sanders omitted from CBS Sports' ranking of the top 10 running backs for 2020

The Philadelphia Eagles have one of the top running backs in the NFL with Miles Sanders, yet it appears second-year bias and the slow start as a rookie has some disrespecting him early on in 2020.

CBS Sports released a ranking of the top-10 running backs in the NFL entering the 2020 NFL season and Sanders was left off the list in favor of players like Chris Carson, Todd Gurley, and Leonard Fournette.

screen-shot-2020-06-17-at-12.18.04-pm.pn

The bulk of the criticism stems from Gurley being ranked ahead of Sanders despite the former Rams and current Falcons star slipping in his play.

Gurley racked up 1,064 yards from scrimmage and 14 touchdowns in 2019 on a team that didn’t make the playoffs.

Fournette racked up 1,674 yards from scrimmage last season but hasn’t lived to his selection as a No. 4 pick.

The numbers from Sanders rookie year and the offensive additions suggest that the former Penn State star should have a monster 2020 season.

Sanders amassed 1,327 yards from scrimmage and six touchdowns as a rookie while splitting time with Jordan Howard. After Howard left the lineup with a pinched nerve, Sanders flourished, mixing explosive plays in with tough running.

Phttps://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2020/06/17/philadelphia-eagles-miles-sanders-cbs-sports-rb-rankings/

Well Miles, best make sure you go and prove them wrong then!

Is this really that controversial as a pure running back?  Gurley's an argument because of his injury which if it is chronic then he's pretty much done as an elite back, but would anyone on their current rankings say they'd have Sanders clearly ahead of a fully fit Todd Gurley?  Even on a managed count at 85% he put up 8 more TD's than Sanders  Even if you take Gurley out of the ten you probably put Josh Jacobs in as a pure running back. 

Sanders was good last year and his yards from scrimmage total was great, but his rushing numbers alone aren't that impressive.  Honestly this smacks of baiting Eagles fans for clicks because I'm not sure I'd have him ahead of any of that ten and maybe a couple more, all things being equal, as a pure tailback.

If he builds on his rookie year with an even better sophomore season you can bet he’ll be included in that list next year.  IINM there aren’t any other rookies on that list ... need to demonstrate consistency and prove his rookie season wasn’t a fluke.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, time2rock said:

If he builds on his rookie year with an even better sophomore season you can bet he’ll be included in that list next year.  IINM there aren’t any other rookies on that list ... need to demonstrate consistency and prove his rookie season wasn’t a fluke.  

Completely agree here. I think there is an argument that he could have made the list over some of those names. But the most important thing now is for Sanders to show that it wasn't a fluke. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Completely agree here. I think there is an argument that he could have made the list over some of those names. But the most important thing now is for Sanders to show that it wasn't a fluke. 

I'd really like to read your argument and who specifically you think he should be ahead of on that list, total yards from scrimmage he ranked 12th among tailbacks, rushing yards alone he ranked 21st, based on last year Aaron Jones has a bigger case to make that list if anyone drops out.

He had a great rookie season but he needs to build on his rushing total to get among those guys.

22 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I'd really like to read your argument and who specifically you think he should be ahead of on that list, total yards from scrimmage he ranked 12th among tailbacks, rushing yards alone he ranked 21st, based on last year Aaron Jones has a bigger case to make that list if anyone drops out.

I'd have him ahead of Gurley for sure if we are basing it on last year. 

With regards to Aaron Jones I mean sure yeah you can make an argument for that. But I think we should also consider scheme and utilisation.

If he stays healthy, sanders will be better in year 2.