Chip dealing with MAJOR issues at UCLA

Wallyhorse

If you want to move it, no biggie, but I thought given who this is about it belonged here:

Chip Kelly seems not to be trusted with the Pandemic at UCLA, players want an independent team of doctors overseeing the Bruins Football team.

From the NBC Sports site this is linked to:

The issues Chip Kelly had with eroding player trust during his years in Philadelphia have followed him to Westwood.

A group of 30 UCLA football players sent the school’s athletic administration a statement expressing a lack of faith in Kelly’s ability to keep them safe amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, the Los Angeles Times reported Friday.

Kelly, the Eagles’ head coach from 2013 through 2015, has been at UCLA since 2018.

According to the L.A. Times, the players met Thursday night in a virtual team meeting and demanded that the school’s athletic administration furnish an independent, third-party medical official who will be available at all the team’s practices and football activities to guarantee that safety protocols are being followed.

Some members of UCLA’s football team are scheduled to return to practice and participate in voluntary workouts on Monday, according to the paper.

The letter also demanded that the players have a way to anonymously report violations without retribution.

According to the paper, the letter written by the players said UCLA’s administration has "perpetually failed us” and "mismanaged injury cases.”

The Times obtained a copy of the letter, which was signed by the players, including projected starting quarterback Dorian Thompson-Robinson.

It read in part:

"These demands reflect our call for an environment in which we do not feel pressured to return to competition, and if we choose not to return, that our decision will be respected. If our demands are not met, we will refrain from booster events, recruiting events and all football-related promotional activities. The decision to return to training amidst a global pandemic has put us, the student-athletes, on the frontlines of a battle that we as a nation have not yet been able to win. We feel that as some of the first members of the community to attempt a return to normalcy, we must have assurances that allow us to make informed decisions and be protected regardless of our decision.”

Kelly is 7-17 at UCLA. He was 2-14 in his one year with the 49ers, and 7-12 in his last 19 games with the Eagles. So he’s 16-43 in his last 59 games as a head coach.

I thought you said Kelly was going to turn UCLA around once he got his own recruits? Kelly sucks and is the worse eagles coach ever just off his personality alone. F him

• Like 3

Chimp Kelly has some major issues at UCLA? You don’t say.

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I thought you said Kelly was going to turn UCLA around once he got his own recruits? Kelly sucks and is the worse eagles coach ever just off his personality alone. F him

Joe Kuharich says "hi”

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

He may still.  This IMO is really about the medical staff and COVID-19 based on what I've heard and read elsewhere. 

Good riddance to that putz.  So glad someone else is dealing with his BS now. 

8 hours ago, PhillyGreenMachine said:

Chimp Kelly has some major issues at UCLA? You don’t say.

Joe Kuharich says "hi”

Well I just hate Chip so I'll pick hating him over anyone lol

All I gotta says is, F*** Chip Kelly. .

Okay that's not true, I have something else to say as well... F*** Chip Kelly.

• Like 1

Best part of Kelly getting fired from eagles is all the fake eagles oregon duck fans that left the boards when kelly got canned, every single one of those posters were as annoying as kelly😠

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Utebird said:

Best part of Kelly getting fired from eagles is all the fake eagles oregon duck fans that left the boards when kelly got canned, every single one of those posters were as annoying as kelly😠

I remember back then I made YouTube videos about how bad he was and called him Chimp Kelly. Someone on here found one of my videos and posted it on the old board. I got ridiculed pretty hard, but guess what? I was right the whole time. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Utebird said:

I remember many Duck fans arriving, but I don't recall any on an individual basis. None were really that memorable individually to me.

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I remember many Duck fans arriving, but I don't recall any on an individual basis. None were really that memorable individually to me.

There were multiple Philly Chip accounts or variations of such. 

• Like 1

What's his w-l record there? I thought he was failing and would have been fired by now, but I don't really follow college. 

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

What's his w-l record there? I thought he was failing and would have been fired by now, but I don't really follow college. 

Me neither, but I think I heard something along the lines of 7 wins vs many many more losses.

48 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Anyone know if we had fewer injuries back then? Feels like it

Yeah we were healthier back then. 

5 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

7-17 for college football and him supposed to be a guru that is pathetic. 

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

Anyone know if we had fewer injuries back then? Feels like it

Fewer reported injuries for sure.  Fewer injuries that kept people off the field, Yep.   But fewer injuries overall?  Nah.  

Jesus the one thing I hoped the move to this board got rid of is the need of some posters to competitively hate Chip Kelly, I don't get it, the great roster he supposedly gutted went 12-20 the two years prior to his arrival, he had one bad season in 3, and 2 years after he left we won the Superbowl, so he didn't set the franchise back at all, yet this board feels the need to collectively piss it's pants every time a story about him comes out.

Chip Kelly isn't even in the top 3 worst coaches this team has had.

• Like 1

What little ****es are sports figures these days. Grown a** men crying about their safety from what amounts to the flu. 

On 6/20/2020 at 3:24 PM, Utebird said:

I live among them now and they are insufferable. Local sports radio here still pines for Mariota.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Chip Kelly isn't even in the top 3 worst coaches this team has had.

I think you need to split Chip Kelly in two:

1) Chip Kelly, the strange system, and ...

2) Chip Kelly, the control freak that wouldn't take any input from anybody.

On (1), I still think his system was interesting.  I'm not sure it was the genius system that everybody claimed it would be.  This team seemed to be in a real damn hurry to run 3 plays to punt the ball back to the other team. Meanwhile, our defense was on the field for 50 minutes every game.  If he put the right guys on the field it may have had a better chance, but I still don't think that was ever going to work in the NFL.  When you're a college team playing terrible teams most games you can pretty much run them over with that system, but it wasn't happening here.

On (2), this is why he was fired.  From this perspective he may have been the worst hire in team history.