Jeffrey Lurie on Jalen Hurts: “He’s just what we’re looking for”

time2rock

Jeffrey Lurie on Jalen Hurts: "He’s just what we’re looking for”

Pay the man, Howie.

By Alexis Chassen@Lovelybuckeye  Feb 6, 2023, 8:23pm EST  

NFC Championship - San Francisco 49ers v Philadelphia EaglesPhoto by Kevin Sabitus/Getty Images

There may have been questions heading into the season about Jalen Hurts and whether he was the future QB for the Philadelphia Eagles, but after losing just one game this season with him on the field — and setting just about all the franchise and league records, earning a spot in the Pro Bowl, and second-team All Pro honors — those questions have been silenced. And while fans will certainly argue as much, the person who really matters, CEO Jeffrey Lurie, agrees.

image.png.e3d63b45ed6355ac3c1a120d59ab1755.png

Honestly, that’s a relief to hear.

Keeping Hurts in Philadelphia should absolutely be the priority for the team this offseason, even with a long list of free agents they need to work with. The QB has done more than enough to earn a long-term deal with the Eagles, and the Super Bowl run was just icing on the cake.

Still, the team hasn’t always done the right or smart thing when it comes to players they should keep on the roster [see: Brian Dawkins], but when it comes to the quarterback position, there’s really no other option. Very few QBs around the league are playing at an elite level like Hurts has been, and those guys aren’t going to be on the market anytime soon. Even if Howie Roseman wanted to throw all the Eagles future first round picks to trade for someone, there’s not really anyone with more potential in this organization than Hurts.

He is him. He is the guy. The now. The future.

Whether or not the Eagles end up leaving Arizona with a Super Bowl win, Hurts has done more than enough to earn a new deal, and gives the team the best chances of making more Super Bowl runs in the future. It’s just nice to see that Lurie feels that way, too.

UPDATE: Hurts was asked about what Lurie had to say. The QB’s response:

"We’ll handle that later on. We’ll get there when we get there.”

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2023/2/6/23588696/jeffrey-lurie-addresses-jalen-hurts-contract-extension-question-eagles-quarterback-future

He's staying long term as long as he can stay healthy. There's no reason to worry about his performances we just need to hope his style doesn't mean he gets hurt a lot and ultimately has a shorter career. I don't worry too much as I think he's pretty smart and he's evolving as a passer.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BulldogCardinal said:

Noone will ever accept him even tho they should.  Rough treatment..

:huh: There are very few who haven’t accepted him. Even most who were critical/skeptical of him going into the season (myself included) are now believers in Jalen. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nipples said:

:huh: There are very few who haven’t accepted him. Even most who were critical/skeptical of him going into the season (myself included) are now believers in Jalen. 

Oh really, oh wow

9 hours ago, nipples said:

Good luck with that guy!  I received this in my inbox from him even though I never responded once to any of his posts. He's obviously a troll  

image.png.06a277b395f897609d2e52da5cacec84.png