Coach of The Year (Daboll)

GoEagles614

Imagine going 9-7-1 and getting blown out in the playoffs to win coach of the year. What even is this award for anymore? There’s about 8-10 coaches who earned this award if Daboll is the winner. 

Daboll is a good candidate for this award.  He added 5 wins to a roster without really adding all that much else.  He also somehow made Daniel Jones look like a competent passer and Saquon Barkely look like he's not washed up.  9 wins and a playoff win probably feels like the superbowl to most Giants fans.  

I wonder if Sirianni rubs some people the wrong way and he maybe lost votes because of that.  Siri and that slow-mo head nodding thing during the Giants blowout rubbed some people the wrong way for sure.  But, 'no one likes us, we don't care'.

Daboll simply did this season what Sirianni did last year IMO. It's crazy how often Philly guys are overlooked for individual awards lol.

• Like 2

I thought the job Daboll did was impressive given his QB and roster. 

I will say Sirianni not at least being a finalist was ridiculous. The job he's done this year is damn impressive.

Besides, if the Eagles win on Sunday, he gets the last laugh. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Boogyman said:

Daboll simply did this season what Sirianni did last year IMO. It's crazy how often Philly guys are overlooked for individual awards lol.

He didn't win, because they don't like Philly and/or Philly fans.  If Siriani was the coach of the Cowgirls and got the same results, he would have won in a landslide.

• Like 1

This result and the final standings make this award now pointless and a joke. 

Sirianni finished 5th. Ahead of him were 3 coaches who he either beat in the regular season or beat in the play offs. In fact the guy who won it he beat 3 damn times. And yes i know play offs don't count. 

Sirianni was coach of the year but because he had a talented roster he got overlooked. Coming in to the year nobody fancied this team to do what they did. 

Mike Tomlin and the Steelers went 9-8 in a tough division, with literally a bunch of nobodies out there. 

Dougy P took the Jags to the playoffs and won a playoff game with a young roster who had the first overall pick a season ago. 

Siriani had a better roster, but he and Andy both finished the season as the #1 seeds of their respective conferences, and Jalen Hurts looked like an MVP candidate. 2 losses due to injury? 

Shanahan dealing with a plethora of QB injuries went on a killer streak and made it to the NFCCG.

Pete Carroll took Geno Smith and a completely mediocre roster to the playoffs. 

Vikes went 13-4!

Lastly, the Lions and Dan Campbell went from duds to studs and almost competed for a playoff spot. 

I just wonder what the criteria is. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GoEagles614 said:

Siriani had a better roster, but he and Andy both finished the season as the #1 seeds of their respective conferences, and Jalen Hurts looked like an MVP candidate. 2 losses due to injury? 

And so for me the 2 candidates were Reid and Sirianni. And Sirianni gets the edge as he exceeded expectations whilst Reid met those expectations (no easy feat in its own right).

On 2/10/2023 at 11:35 AM, EricAllenPick6 said:

Daboll is a good candidate for this award.  He added 5 wins to a roster without really adding all that much else.  He also somehow made Daniel Jones look like a competent passer and Saquon Barkely look like he's not washed up.  9 wins and a playoff win probably feels like the superbowl to most Giants fans.  

I wonder if Sirianni rubs some people the wrong way and he maybe lost votes because of that.  Siri and that slow-mo head nodding thing during the Giants blowout rubbed some people the wrong way for sure.  But, 'no one likes us, we don't care'.

You know what feels like a SB win to most Giants fans? A SB win. We’ve experienced a bunch. 

• Haha 1

On 2/11/2023 at 9:20 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

This result and the final standings make this award now pointless and a joke. 

Sirianni finished 5th. Ahead of him were 3 coaches who he either beat in the regular season or beat in the play offs. In fact the guy who won it he beat 3 damn times. And yes i know play offs don't count. 

Sirianni was coach of the year but because he had a talented roster he got overlooked. Coming in to the year nobody fancied this team to do what they did. 

Your jerk-off coach was certainly not coach of the year. Howie on the other hand deserved front office member of the year, if that award existed (does it?). He put together a hell of a roster. 

13 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Your jerk-off coach was certainly not coach of the year. Howie on the other hand deserved front office member of the year, if that award existed (does it?). He put together a hell of a roster. 

Based on what ass hat? Sirianni had the largest margin of expected wins vs actual wins. So any HC who's had a stacked roster doesn't deserve be CotY? They don't deserve to go to the HoF? Get a grip. 

16 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

You know what feels like a SB win to most Giants fans? A SB win. We’ve experienced a bunch. 

It's been a decade of failure since that last championship, my man.  You can't tell me that you weren't thrilled with how this season went.  If I told you in the preseason that you'd win 9 games and a playoff game what would you have said?  

16 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

It's strange that this argument even exists.  Howie added one offensive player (AJ Brown).  Most of those additions were on the defensive side of the ball.  Siri and his staff turned Jalen Hurts from a guy that looked like he'd never make the leap to the NFL to a guy that brought his team to the super bowl.  How can you give Siri absolutely no credit for this?  

3 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

It's been a decade of failure since that last championship, my man.  You can't tell me that you weren't thrilled with how this season went.  If I told you in the preseason that you'd win 9 games and a playoff game what would you have said?  

It's strange that this argument even exists.  Howie added one offensive player (AJ Brown).  Most of those additions were on the defensive side of the ball.  Siri and his staff turned Jalen Hurts from a guy that looked like he'd never make the leap to the NFL to a guy that brought his team to the super bowl.  How can you give Siri absolutely no credit for this?  

I was thrilled with how this year turned out, but it hasn't been so long that I forget what winning the SB feels like. What do you think I am, a Cowboys fan? 

Howie built the team and that one big addition to the offense had a TO-like impact. It cost the Titans GM his job. The additions on defense were masterful as well. 

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Based on what ass hat? Sirianni had the largest margin of expected wins vs actual wins. So any HC who's had a stacked roster doesn't deserve be CotY? They don't deserve to go to the HoF? Get a grip. 

The voters tend to favor coaches that do more with less. A block-head like you could have stood on that sideline and won 9 games. 

New York bias. The last time a coach won COY with less than 10 wins was Arians taking over part of a season for an ill Pagano for the Colts in 2012. They won 11 games total. After that you have to go back more than 30 years. 

5 minutes ago, toolg said:

New York bias. The last time a coach won COY with less than 10 wins was Arians taking over part of a season for an ill Pagano for the Colts in 2012. They won 11 games total. After that you have to go back more than 30 years. 

The Giants won 10 games (9+1). 

3 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

The Giants won 10 games (9+1). 

Congrats on your Wild Card win over the fraud Vikings. I am sure you'll add that your trophy case.

37 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

The voters tend to favor coaches that do more with less. A block-head like you could have stood on that sideline and won 9 games. 

So Sirianni should have been HC of year last season then...

6 hours ago, toolg said:

Congrats on your Wild Card win over the fraud Vikings. I am sure you'll add that your trophy case.

Our trophy case is already full. I do hope you realize this was the year every single thing went right for the Eagles, and they still fell short. You’ll be stuck on 1 for a long time.

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So Sirianni should have been HC of year last season then...

I don’t even think he got a vote. 

Daboll winning was fine. The Giants were looked at as a contender for a top 5 pick. They made the playoffs and won a playoff game while playing in one of the tougher divisions in the league based on wins and losses. 

There were a lot of standout coaches this year and that hurt Sirianni and his chances.

Sirianni, Shanahan and Doug all probably win the award any other year and all would have been worthy winners this year

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But on your logic he should have been...

Agreed. I guess everyone else thinks he’s a jerk-off too. 😂