Eagles' Jalen Reagor lands at No. 10 in ranking projecting rookie WR production in 2020

UK_EaglesFan89

Eagles' Jalen Reagor lands at No. 10 in ranking projecting rookie WR production in 2020

Jalen Reagor was one of the biggest names in college football over the past few years but he’ll likely find playing time and targets hard to come by early on during his rookie season.

Recently, Eagles head coach Doug Pederson confirmed to NJ.com that Reagor would likely start his rookie season out backing up and learning from DeSean Jackson at the Z position, but that doesn’t mean he won’t have an impact early.

Reagor could have an impact from the slot, in the screen game and on special teams. With Jackson returning and Alshon Jeffery right behind him, Reagor is unlikely to have the type of production that matches his rookie counterparts around the league.

In a recent projection of potential rookie production by Cynthia Frelund of NFL.com, Reagor finished last among in a listing that included his peers.

1) CeeDee Lamb, Dallas Cowboys
2) Henry Ruggs III, Las Vegas Raiders
3) Michael Pittman Jr., Indianapolis Colts
4) Justin Jefferson, Minnesota Vikings
5) Jerry Jeudy, Denver Broncos
6) Denzel Mims, New York Jets
7) Brandon Aiyuk, San Francisco 49ers
😎 Laviska Shenault Jr., Jacksonville Jaguars
9) Tee Higgins, Cincinnati Bengals
10) Jalen Reagor, Philadelphia Eagles

Reagor is most dangerous as a big-play guy and the former TCU star is one of only two FBS players with at least four deep receiving touchdowns in each of the last three seasons.

Reagor doesn’t play much from the slot, so it’ll be on Press Taylor and Doug Pederson to figure out how to utilize Jackson and the rookie from TCU at the same time. The best option would be utilizing Reagor in the slot, opposite Jackson, and anywhere that Press Taylor can get the shifty rookie in space via mismatches.

https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2020/06/21/philadelphia-eagles-rookie-production-jalen-reagor-nfl-com/

On the face of it that's not really a great ranking for Reagor. 

I mean he's coming in to a team who desperately need WR production. A team where potentially the competition isn't too great. 

I mean Lamb at #1? On a team with Cooper and Gallup? And a RB like Zeke?

I think Reagor's contribution will be from all-purpose yards as a rookie. We desperately needed a PR and he can handle that. WR production should be a little behind the other rookies so long as Jackson stays healthy. That's not really a big deal. If Jackson misses time again this year, we finally have someone to turn to. I'll be shocked if Reagor doesn't add at least 20 rushes during the course of the season . We'll find ways to get him the ball, but "WR production" will only be a portion of his contribution as a rookie. 

3 hours ago, brkmsn said:

I'll be shocked if Reagor doesn't add at least 20 rushes during the course of the season

20? That's quite a lot bud. That's just over 1 per game. Doesn't sound a lot but I can't see them using him to run the ball more than once a game. And using him once a game may take away that surprise element a little. 

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

20? That's quite a lot bud. That's just over 1 per game. Doesn't sound a lot but I can't see them using him to run the ball more than once a game. And using him once a game may take away that surprise element a little. 

When you have an explosive play-maker , you find ways to get him touches. Tyreek Hill averaged 21 carries his 1st 3 seasons. 

6 hours ago, brkmsn said:

When you have an explosive play-maker , you find ways to get him touches. Tyreek Hill averaged 21 carries his 1st 3 seasons. 

Is that so? OK fair enough, I'm slightly surprised by that but yeah i mean that could serve as the blueprint I guess. 

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Is that so? OK fair enough, I'm slightly surprised by that but yeah i mean that could serve as the blueprint I guess. 

I expect Jackson to miss anywhere from 2-4 games. But when Jackson is healthy, you don't keep him off the field. So I just think the Eagles will find other ways to keep Reagor involved.

I'm still wondering what they have planned with Hurts. Reagor will probably be a part of the offense during those plays. I can see the Eagles using Reagor obviously on jet sweeps and possibly in the wildcat as well. I'm really hoping we can get Reagor some work at slot. It doesn't sound like they plan to right away, but that would be a great way to get him and DJax on the field at the same time. 

• Like 1

Ummm...is it just me or am I missing something?  Alshon will not be ready, so why can't you have both Reagor and Jackson on the field together?  I mean if speed kills, put them out there with two TE's and good luck D!! Especially with our RB's that can catch out of the backfield.  

It will be interesting to see the top 10 list when the season concludes and how it compares to Cynthia's list.  I have a feeling it will look much different.  BTW WTF is Cynthia Frelund and why should I care about her projection?

That’s terrible- 10th? So 6 WR’s who were drafted after him are going to have a better year. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

That’s terrible- 10th? So 6 WR’s who were drafted after him are going to have a better year. 

Yeah that's what I thought. I mean wasn't he the fourth WR drafted? And drafted to a team in desperate need of production at WR.