Eagles Mock Draft 02-19-2023

Ray75

Be gentle with me…this is my first mock of the year so I’m a little rusty but couldn’t resist. Love this thing too much!

Right of the bat; I’m not worried about our cap situation at all. Howie will find a way, he always has…

Coördinators

OC Brian Johnson

DC Sean Desai

Let walk;

Fletcher Cox, James Bradberry, Robert Quinn, Isaac Seumalo, Kysir White, Ndamukong Suh, Miles Sanders, Gardner Minchew, Marcus Epps, Andre Dillard

Restructure;

Lane Johnson, Jake Elliott, Darius Slay

Keep;

C.J. Gardner-Johnson,,Javon Hargrave, Linval Joseph, Zach Pascal, Boston Scott, Rick Lovato, TJ Edwards and Brandon Graham

Return for another run;

Jason Kelce

New contract;

Jalen Hurts (will kick in next year)

FA;

Nothing spectacular, some role players here and there, Howie’ll be looking for one year bargains. Goal this off-season will be to keep the core intact.

Draft;

Trade alert!

Eagles trade pick No.10 to a team picking in the late teens for their 1st, a 2nd and a 4th rounder.

1) Devon Witherspoon, CB, Illinois;

Trade Alert!

Eagles trade pick 30 to a team picking in the teens in the 2nd round for their 2nd, a 4th and a 6th rounder.

2) Chris Smith II, S, Georgia;

2) Cody Mauch, OT/OG, North Dakota State;

2) Kenny McIntosh, RB, Georgia;

3) Thomas Incoom, DE, Central Michigan;

4) Rakim Jarrett, WR, Michigan;

4) DJ Dale, DT, Alabama;

6) Dorian Thompson-Robinson, QB, UCLA;

7) Aubrey Miller Jr., LB, Jackson State;

7) Alec Jackson, OG, Auburn;

• Like 2

Overall I like your approach.  Here are some thoughts

i wouldn’t let Seumalo go for three reasons 1) if you extend him the current $7.5 million in Void Money does not come due this season.  2) until the Kelce decision and the Draft are complete it is not clear whether he will be needed or not 3) if Kelce comes back and you do get Mauch then Seumalobecomes a valuable trade asset.

Joseph will not want to go through TrainingCamp, so I believe Howie will have both Joseph and Suh on his "Bell Squad” for a similar all up like he did this year.  We also have Noah Elliss on the Non-Football Injury PUP and it will be interesting to see what we have in him.

I would not bring back Scott.  I’d rather select two RBs in the Draft, with Kendre Miller and Roschon Johnson being target players in the 4th Round.

I would also not bring back Edwards.  Roll with Dean and Christian Elliss.  Draft some LB depth.

I love Witherspoon.  I don’t know enough about Smith, but would probably like Kalijah Clancy in Round 2.  I’m comfortable with CJGJ and Blankenship at Safety.  I love Mauch, especially after the Senior Bowl, where to everyone’s surprise he shined as a Center as well as a Guard.  His arms are a bit short for a starting Tackle, but he wouldn’t be bad there, just not outstanding. I really like McIntosh and Incoom, but I suspect you have them both a bit too early. Jarrett and Dale I would replace with The RBs Miller and Johnson.  I love the Thompson-Robinson pick.  Somewhere I would add two TCU players, possibly as UDFAs, PR/WR Decius Davis and CB Noah Daniels.

• Like 1

I ask every mock. 

Is a 5th year option on a first round pick worth more or less than a 4th/6th (Jarrett & a project backup QB) rounder? Especially with 4-5 compensatory picks coming in 2024.

I say having that 5th year will help us contractually in the future, and not so much worth taking flyers on day 3 guys. 

2 hours ago, GoEagles614 said:

I ask every mock. 

Is a 5th year option on a first round pick worth more or less than a 4th/6th (Jarrett & a project backup QB) rounder? Especially with 4-5 compensatory picks coming in 2024.

I say having that 5th year will help us contractually in the future, and not so much worth taking flyers on day 3 guys. 

I prefer more picks and a shot at the next Jason Kelce and Avonte Maddox/CJGJ/Josh Sweat over a 5th year option on a player we pick in the bottom of the first.

3 hours ago, GoEagles614 said:

I ask every mock. 

The answer to that varies year to year.  This year I want more players in the pipeline.

11 hours ago, Ray75 said:

I prefer more picks and a shot at the next Jason Kelce and Avonte Maddox/CJGJ/Josh Sweat over a 5th year option on a player we pick in the bottom of the first.

You could have both. 2024 3rd could net a 4th & 6th. 

I hear ya. It’s very popular around here too Mock away that 30th pick. I guess we’ll see! 

24 minutes ago, GoEagles614 said:

I hear ya. It’s very popular around here too Mock away that 30th pick. I guess we’ll see! 

They did it the last time when they had a pick in the 30’s.
Guess that’s what happens if you have no picks in those middle rounds…

2 hours ago, GoEagles614 said:

That is a good point, especially given the (likely) four Comp Picks we are expecting in the 2024 Draft.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Btw, I think there’s a limit of four comp picks in any year. 

• Like 1

Ray's  @Ray75back hallalujah!!!

Nice to see you back in the saddle pal. 

I agree that both of those first round picks will be traded for multiple picks. As usual we see the players differently but then that's the fun of it. I also think you're too optimistic on Howie's magic this year. I just don't see the $'s for CGJ, Hasrgrave, BG, Edwards, and Kelce. Whatever the structure, a portionof Hurts new deal will sohow up in this year's cap. 

How about this - I go with your position selections but put in my picks

• 1 - CB Cam Smith, South Carolina
  • 2- S Brandon Joseph, Notre Dame
  • 2 - OL Andrew Vorhees, Southern Cal
  • 2 - RB Zach Charbonnet, UCLA
  • 3 - DE Zach Harrison, Ohio State 
  • 4 - WR Dontayvion Wicks, Virginia 
  • 4 - DT Byron Young, Alabama
  • 6- QB Clayton Tune, Houston
  • 7 - LB Isiaih Land, Florida State
  • 7 - OL Trevor Downing, Iowa State

Glad to see you back on the board my friend. MNow if your brother in law would chime in my week would be complete

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rob331 said:

Ray's  @Ray75back hallalujah!!!

Nice to see you back in the saddle pal. 

I agree that both of those first round picks will be traded for multiple picks. As usual we see the players differently but then that's the fun of it. I also think you're too optimistic on Howie's magic this year. I just don't see the $'s for CGJ, Hasrgrave, BG, Edwards, and Kelce. Whatever the structure, a portionof Hurts new deal will sohow up in this year's cap. 

How about this - I go with your position selections but put in my picks

• 1 - CB Cam Smith, South Carolina
  • 2- S Brandon Joseph, Notre Dame
  • 2 - OL Andrew Vorhees, Southern Cal
  • 2 - RB Zach Charbonnet, UCLA
  • 3 - DE Zach Harrison, Ohio State 
  • 4 - WR Dontayvion Wicks, Virginia 
  • 4 - DT Byron Young, Alabama
  • 6- QB Clayton Tune, Houston
  • 7 - LB Isiaih Land, Florida State
  • 7 - OL Trevor Downing, Iowa State

Glad to see you back on the board my friend. MNow if your brother in law would chime in my week would be complete

Thx my friend.

I like yours too. Have to be honest here; haven’t done a lot of prospect evaluations. Normally I started to do that in September but last year was different.

Now that Free Agency is rapidly approaching, I’m starting to warm up.

I like it. I like it a lot. Although I think they need to go DL in the first or second given the pieces they are going to lose. But its also no secret we need help at Safety and Corner.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I like it. I like it a lot. Although I think they need to go DL in the first or second given the pieces they are going to lose. But its also no secret we need help at Safety and Corner.

I think you’re right. Especially if they lose BG, Hargrave and/or Cox. In this scenario two out of three will be back.

I’m just getting my feet wet but although I love the edge class, I’m not in love with the DT’s in this class, especially in the top 15-20. Only Carter is truly elite but he’ll be a top 5 selection. I’d love Wilson or Murphy at No.10 though…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ray75 said:

I think you’re right. Especially if they lose BG, Hargrave and/or Cox. In this scenario two out of three will be back.

I’m just getting my feet wet but although I love the edge class, I’m not in love with the DT’s in this class, especially in the top 15-20. Only Carter is truly elite but he’ll be a top 5 selection. I’d love Wilson or Murphy at No.10 though…

i like Murphy i was hoping to put an off-season together but apparently the editor doesn’t like the information i put into it and erased it before i could get everything i wanted together so i’ll have to try another time.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ray75 said:

I think Hargrave will be back. Cox will very likely walk and i think he should be allowed to walk due to age and the contract he's likely to want. BG is an interesting one though... I'm not sure what they should do and what way that'll go. 

• Like 1

On 2/22/2023 at 1:43 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think Hargrave will be back. Cox will very likely walk and i think he should be allowed to walk due to age and the contract he's likely to want. BG is an interesting one though... I'm not sure what they should do and what way that'll go. 

I hope they’re able to re-sign Hargrave but if they don’t I’d completely understand it.

Hargrave’s probably gonna command top dollar on the open market. Wouldn’t surprise me one bit if someone is going give him between 16 and 18 million annually.

For that kind of money you could potentially have both Cox and BG back for one more year.

• Like 2

On 2/21/2023 at 4:15 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Fantastic - Ray brother in law is back! My week is complete! LOL

13 hours ago, Rob331 said:

Fantastic - Ray brother in law is back! My week is complete! LOL

Not brother in law. Full on blood brothers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Not brother in law. Full on blood brothers. 

100 %! 👊🏻

image.gif.ddaf54003ad979be27e2347f8bc25536.gif

• Thanks 1

Nice.

I think Witherspoon would be amazing. But I believe after the combine he may be the projected top corner and trading back and still getting him may be… optimistic. 🙂

3 hours ago, Infam said:

Nice.

I think Witherspoon would be amazing. But I believe after the combine he may be the projected top corner and trading back and still getting him may be… optimistic. 🙂

100 % agree…

IMO it’s between him and Gonzalez for top corner in the draft. I hope they stay put at #10 and flat out select one or the other.

If they trade back and still want to come up with a corner, Cam Smith and Joey Porter Jr. are indeed more realistic options.

Like I said…still a bit rusty, just getting my feet wet…

• Like 1